Dropping WiFi settings

Discus and support Dropping WiFi settings in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Dropping WiFi settings For the last two weeks my Xbox One S keeps dropping my WiFi when it starts up. Then I have to go in, find my router and enter... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Punisher Chief, May 19, 2018.

1. Dropping WiFi settings

Dropping WiFi settings
    For the last two weeks my Xbox One S keeps dropping my WiFi when it starts up. Then I have to go in, find my router and enter the password. Was there something in an update that I missed because I have never had this issue before?

:)

Punisher Chief, May 19, 2018
  2. pesty13
    pesty13 Guest
    VIRGIN MEDIA SUPERHUB

I have the 100mb superhub with lightning fast speeds, wired is perfect but as others have stated wifi is a bit iffy. It's not the speed with wifi its the signal,it's fine if your close to it but go into other rooms and it drops very quickly. And no issue
    with nat settings as mine was open.

pesty13, May 19, 2018
  3. Stewballz108
    Stewballz108 Guest
    Wireless Connection

Whenever i connect the internet with my xbox it drops my wifi out and all devices cant connect to the internet until i turn the xbox off, i have reset the network settings and it will work for a bit then drop the internet out again???

Stewballz108, May 19, 2018
  4. pesty13 Win User

VIRGIN MEDIA SUPERHUB

I have the 100mb superhub with lightning fast speeds, wired is perfect but as others have stated wifi is a bit iffy. It's not the speed with wifi its the signal,it's fine if your close to it but go into other rooms and it drops very quickly. And no issue
    with nat settings as mine was open.
  5. ArraJam252 Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller Issues

Yep, same problem, seems to be completely random. Tried it with two controllers, still the same. Took it back to the store and they tested it - fine!

Got it home, plugged it in (having reset to factory settings) controller dropped out several times as I was setting the Xbox up - so not even connected to the WiFi.

Tried it with controllers plugged in, with the house WiFi switched off, just kept doing it.

Then this afternoon - perfect! But nothing has changed in the house.

What I did notice though is that whenever the controllers dropped out, invariably it disconnected from the wifi as well.

Something else I have discovered, when the controller drops out and just flashes, the sync button on the side of the x box doesn't do anything. Then give it a few minutes after pressing the button and the XBOX logo flashes once and all comes back to life,
    temporarily.

Have Microsoft admitted there is an issue with the WiFi cards in the X box one, it seems to me that even if the controller is plugged in, the WiFi card can randomly disconnect it
  6. FeatGlitter5142 Win User

Arris: Change Wireless Channel

Will this help with the dropping of the WIFI during gaming?
  7. hookemhorns125 Win User

randomly dropped wifi

Hi,

Thanks for responding. My router is a Netgear 7550. My security is WPA2-PSK. I believe I have the correct ports open as my NAT type is open. I've noticed that if I go to my XBox one wireless settings and click go offline and then click go online it automatically
    reconnects. By band are you referring to channel?

Thanks again
  8. taidara Win User

randomly dropped wifi

Greetings hookemhorns!

Appreciate if you can provide a bit more information so that we can have a better understanding of your situation, and hopefully be able to find you a solution.

What is the make and model of your router and modem (if this is not a single device)?

Which band are you using for wireless connectivity with your console (2,4 GHz or 5 GHz)?

Which of the following security methods are you using for your wireless network, WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK (AES)?

[quote user="hookemhorns125"] I've already called Microsoft and they were absolutely no help.[/quote]Appreciate if you can detailing out what you have tried so far, so we don't provide solutions that will only echo back.

Thanks in advance!
Thema:

Dropping WiFi settings

1. Dropping WiFi settings - Similar Threads - Dropping WiFi settings

2. Constant WIFI drops/not connecting on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant WIFI drops/not connecting on Xbox One X: At my wits end here. Internet is fine, Router is fine, no issues, other devices can connect to WIFI yet every single time I turn on y Xbox it states "connect to Xbox Live" which I try to do, but,...
  3. xbox one dropping wifi

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox one dropping wifi: Hello. New to this. We are having issues with wifi connection on xbox one. When my phone (Google Pixel 2) is connected to wifi while the xbox is on it will drop/ lag on the xbox. Sometimes...
  4. Xbox One keeps dropping Wifi and Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One keeps dropping Wifi and Game: For the past 30 days, we have not been able to play online games properly. I play Fortnite, but xbox randomly drops wifi and the game ends. This happens very often. The technical support advice...
  5. Wifi Drops whenever I access Netflix through Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wifi Drops whenever I access Netflix through Xbox One S: Whenever I try to access Netflix through my Xbox One S Console, the wifi will drop within 2-3 minutes. This happens every time I try to watch Netflix now. I never had this issue on the 360....
  6. Wifi drops whenever Netflix App is used on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wifi drops whenever Netflix App is used on Xbox One S: I would like to report that whenever I access Netflix through my Xbox One S Console, the wifi connection drops. I would like to know whether there is a bug in the firmware, and if a fix or update...
  7. XBOX 1S WIFI dropping often...more so with destiny 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 1S WIFI dropping often...more so with destiny 2: OK...so i purchased destiny 2 for XB1 last night and can usually not even make it through a mission before I get booted from XB live. ' Reset router/modem, reset XB1, hard restart, even called...
  8. If on 40% downloading the wifi signal drops because of any reason then will the downloading ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If on 40% downloading the wifi signal drops because of any reason then will the downloading ...: On slow network in india some light gone thats by I'm asking 9b74df5d-5be6-4f76-9930-309bae5b3cf5
  9. randomly dropped wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    randomly dropped wifi: Subject My Xbox one randomly drops my wireless internet connection. Several other wireless devices have no issue. When I go to my xbox one network settings it lists my network name and open NAT....
  10. Wifi connects then drops upon sign in - help, my son is heartbroken!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi connects then drops upon sign in - help, my son is heartbroken!!: "Santa" brought my son a used Xbox 360 for Christmas and we began the process of set up today. I am new to Xbox so I have been reading posts and "Xbox for Dummies" online. Really. All has been...