DTS Logo scene from Blu-Ray TVShow/Movie causes my Xbox Series X to shut off.

Discus and support DTS Logo scene from Blu-Ray TVShow/Movie causes my Xbox Series X to shut off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. My Xbox Series X won't play this DTS orchestra logo whenever I watch a TV show on Blu-Ray. The screen goes black but the sound plays then it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dustin Porter, May 15, 2022.

1. DTS Logo scene from Blu-Ray TVShow/Movie causes my Xbox Series X to shut off.

Hello. My Xbox Series X won't play this DTS orchestra logo whenever I watch a TV show on Blu-Ray. The screen goes black but the sound plays then it makes that skipping sound and causes my Xbox Series X to shut off. It happens when I was watching Star Trek TOS Season 2 disc 1. It also happens when I watch the anime Black Lagoon on Blu-Ray when I select "Play All" on the menu. I found out that this DTS Logo scene can cause it to glitch out and shut off. Is anyone getting this? This needs to be fixed via update. Here's the YouTube link to the DTS Logo below. Thank you.

EDIT: I tested this on my Playstation 4 Slim and it plays fine. Only Xbox Series X and possibly One has this problem

https://youtu.be/faxHAgUVKbs

:)

Dustin Porter, May 15, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Or we can try waiting until the next Xbox update in case you don't want to perform the offline update
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

In case you didn't try it, could be nice perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch, in case that some system files are causing this audio issues.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. Dustin Porter Win User

If I try those options. I'll still get the same result. There are two options available: Stereo Uncompressed and Dolby Digital. There is no DTS option. My TV doesn't have DTS.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today Dustin

Did you try changing sound mode on your console to see of the issue persists?

Also, you can share this feedback with Microsoft using link below:
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com
  6. AliasSMK Win User

7.1 Uncompressed vs. DTS Digital?

How about for Blu-Ray that are encoded with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 or 5.1 (48kHz, 24-bit) which PS4 has and sounds amazing but Xbox One is uncompressed which you say is better but then what's the point for EVERY studio encoding their discs with DTS-HD Master
    Audio, That I am forced to listen to uncompressed and have to adjust my lip sync cause whenever I watch a blu ray or netflix or even watch TV on Xbox One the sound isn't synced. I have to shut off Dolby Digital on my Cable box and just go Stereo like it's
    the 80's
Thema:

1. DTS Logo scene from Blu-Ray TVShow/Movie causes my Xbox Series X to shut off. - Similar Threads - DTS Logo scene

2. Dts output for DVDs on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dts output for DVDs on Series X: Hi all, I'm unable to select bitstream out for DVDs. Works fine for Blu-ray's, but no luck for DVDs on Series X. It always compresses audio to Dolby before sending to my AV Receiver. With rival...
  3. Help please with Dolby Atmos and DTS headphones X.

in XboX Insiders
    Help please with Dolby Atmos and DTS headphones X.: How do I remove Dolby Atmos and DTS headphones X from my settings on Xbox please. I did the trail and now my headphones are not working properly. submitted by /u/swaste2000 [link] [comments]
  4. XBOX ONE S - white noise instead of music, not able to play a DTS music CD,

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S - white noise instead of music, not able to play a DTS music CD,: Hello All, I am trying to a play a Music CD (its a Sheryl crow disc, which says "requires a DTS-capable playback system") but get only white noise. The CD plays well on my other DVD players. I...
  5. 8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...

in XboX Insiders
    8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...: I am tossing this out there right now as I am in the process of troubleshooting the issue with Sony support. Here is the setup: Xbox Series X (set to bitstream out, DTS Surround Sound) HDMI 2.1...
  6. Windows Sonic Vs Dolby Atmos Headphones vs DTS Headphone: one clear winner?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Sonic Vs Dolby Atmos Headphones vs DTS Headphone: one clear winner?: Let's just say that I liked the headphone effect in movies ever since I got a Turtle Beach x41 because my friend recommended that as a cheap alternative to a $10,000 labor insulation of a surround...
  7. XSX: Passing compressed basic DTS stream via optical from DTS-HD MA Blu Ray?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XSX: Passing compressed basic DTS stream via optical from DTS-HD MA Blu Ray?: I have my XSX hooked up to an older reciever which supports Dolby Digital EX / DTS-ES via optical through my TV and am trying to pass the compressed basic DTS stream that's embedded in the...
  8. Anyone else having issue with DTS for headphones enabling itself?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having issue with DTS for headphones enabling itself?: I have both the Atmos and DTS apps for headphones installed, but I prefer the Atmos app so I have that enabled in the audio settings. Starting tonight, any time I plug a headset into my...
  9. I have a Yamaha rx v681 connected to my xsx with bitstream dts x selected but I get no...

in XboX Insiders
    I have a Yamaha rx v681 connected to my xsx with bitstream dts x selected but I get no...: DTS:X Yamaha rx v681 submitted by /u/CG679 [link] [comments]
  10. Latest skip ahead enables TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD MA etc. in Plex (if your receiver supports it)

in XboX Insiders
    Latest skip ahead enables TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD MA etc. in Plex (if your receiver supports it): Audio Passthrough support on Xbox beta - Plex Players / Gaming Consoles - Plex Forum Tested with pretty much all of the above. Everything plays! Be sure to opt in on the Plex Beta in the Insider...