Duplicate versions of games in my Ready to Install list. Only seems to affect backwards...

Discus and support Duplicate versions of games in my Ready to Install list. Only seems to affect backwards... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/ChopperCampbell [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ChopperCampbell, Feb 15, 2020 at 1:42 AM.

1. Duplicate versions of games in my Ready to Install list. Only seems to affect backwards...

/u/ChopperCampbell, Feb 15, 2020 at 1:42 AM
  2. Smwutches Win User

GTA V digitally purchased problem

Only games that are backwards compatible will show up as ready to install on the One. Since that game is not backwards compatible, you would need to purchase the One version in order to play it on the One.
  3. DugFreez Win User

Duplicate game in ready to install list

Oh great...they finally deleted one of the Witcher 2 game listing in the Ready To Install section.

Too bad they deleted the wrong one. Now the only instance I have of Witcher 2 in my Ready To Install list is filtered as an Xbox One game and is NOT Xbox One X enhanced.

The one they deleted was the correct one. It was filtered as a 360 game and also showed that it was Xbox One X enhanced.

They were so close....yet still messed it up. Try again Microsoft.
  4. Sayann X Win User

Hello Gobbie,

I had the same problem for a game because I had it initially in disc version then I bought it in dematerialized to keep it all the time. Since then it remained displayed twice in the games ready to the installation. Until today, I have not found a quick
    solution. However, after resetting my console, it only displayed one.
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

Something similar I saw with DBZ Kakarot the other day it said it was installed and it was ready to install too 🤷��‍♂️
  6. DugFreez Win User

This is a problem with the game listing. It has been there for weeks now. If you filter the ready to install tab to only show the Xbox One games you will see one instance of Witcher 2 is there...listed as a Xbox One game (but the icon still showing it
    as a 360 game).

When you clear the filer and go back to seeing both of them listed you can highlight it and press the ???3 little line button on your controller to see more options for it. Choose File Info and you can see they both have different info listed on them (different
    store title id numbers and stuff like that). The correct listing (the one that isn't showing up as an Xbox One game) also shows that it is XB1X enhanced whereas the incorrectly listed one that shows in the Xbox One filter shows as NOT XB1X enhanced.

Someone at MS need to go in and delete that title listing.

I occasionally have other games show duplicates on the ready to install list, but a fresh reboot will normally make them disappear when the system comes back on and it has to reload the ready to install listing. I suspect these are cases when small changes
    are made to different game listings and the newly modified game will show up while the old listing (which has probably been deleted at that time) is still showing up in your systems memory.

That is NOT the case with the Witcher 2 though, as I am suspecting that one that is mislabeled as an Xbox One game (and not XB1X enhanced) got entered incorrectly and that is why it has not been flagged for deletion.

Like it said...it's been there for weeks. I have reported it at least 2 times....and it is being ignored, Would take someone in the know less than 2 minutes to fix it I would expect.
Thema:

Duplicate versions of games in my Ready to Install list. Only seems to affect backwards...

1. Duplicate versions of games in my Ready to Install list. Only seems to affect backwards... - Similar Threads - Duplicate versions games

2. How and why did GTA V duplicate itself, giving me two separate games with their own...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How and why did GTA V duplicate itself, giving me two separate games with their own...: This isn't the 360 version either. I now have 2 digital Xbox One versions and each game has it's separate achievements, depending on which one I load up. People claim it isn't possible but I'm...
  3. Duplicate game in ready to install list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Duplicate game in ready to install list: 1st off would rather talk to Microsoft about this but they don't do that anymore. so that said. I went to DL The Witcher 2 and noticed it was in the list twice. If I DL one of them it wont play...
  4. Duplicate Games Ready to Install

in XboX Insiders
    Duplicate Games Ready to Install: I noticed with the latest My Games and Apps update that when I go to Manage my Game on a title, lets say Red Dead Redemption II, there is an additional RDR2 game file listed under Ready to...
  5. Duplicate GTA5s appeared in my ready to install section as well as Modern Warfare beta and...

in XboX Insiders
    Duplicate GTA5s appeared in my ready to install section as well as Modern Warfare beta and...: [IMG] submitted by /u/dem1stav [link] [comments]
  6. Refunded for duplicate charge but can’t play games now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunded for duplicate charge but can’t play games now: I recently purchased a few games while on sale. For some reason i was charged twice for the purchase. I reached out asking for a refund for one of the charges but not both (thinking that way i...
  7. Duplicate game files on same storage device

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Duplicate game files on same storage device: Yesterday I was looking in my games library and noticed there were some games in the "Ready to install" section. I downloaded two of them, GTAV (XB1) and Witcher II (360). I was curious because I...
  8. duplicate games showing up in ready to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    duplicate games showing up in ready to install: Today I noticed games already installed in "ready to install" GTA V and Witcher II enhanced edition. it was not like this as of sunday last week. I double checked both were installed and playable....
  9. console duplicating download

in XBoX on Consoles
    console duplicating download: Hello guys, I bought an Xbox 360 from my cousin, but I have a problem of doubling the download over 1 year, is the following when I put the game to download on Pendrive, it starts to download and...
  10. Anyone else finding XBox Game Pass PC creates duplicate game data?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else finding XBox Game Pass PC creates duplicate game data?: It's atrocious how hard it is to access the installation folders in the first place. Most people probably won't notice easily if they also have this issue. It took some messing around with...