DVD Closed captions on Xbox One (2nd generations with black load slot.)

Discus and support DVD Closed captions on Xbox One (2nd generations with black load slot.) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I researched the Xbox One I am using the HDMI connection thru the HDMI switch box to my TV.. so I found out the DVD cannot display the closed captions... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PwcrLinux, May 12, 2019.

1. PwcrLinux
    PwcrLinux Guest

I researched the Xbox One I am using the HDMI connection thru the HDMI switch box to my TV.. so I found out the DVD cannot display the closed captions because it's older analog captioning that not work thru the HDMI connection, Blu-Ray disc still use a
    Subtitle... So does the Xbox 360 (Back-up) works on analog closed captioning would use the analog RCA jacks?

:)

PwcrLinux, May 12, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I couldn't find any sources that would confirm it, but since the 360 does have the option to use the RCA jacks it might indeed work, best option to find out is to try it.

Let us know the results
  3. Rjcrane Win User

Blu-Ray Player doesn't display Closed Captions.

Hi Lucello,

The Xbox One does support Closed Captions on supported DVDs, Blu-rays and stream services. Instructions below to enable/disable this option:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the dashboard.

2. Press the Menu button and select Settings.

3. Select Closed Captioning in the Console settings column.

4. To turn closed captions on or off, or to customise how captions appear, select Closed captioning on and use custom styles.
  4. Frogpreest Win User

Closed captioning on dvd

I checked, and all the settings seemed to be accurate, and I tested the DVD again, and had the same issue

Addendum: I have found another device which is connected to my tv, and will read analog captions, for some reason, I was unable to find this setting on xbox one or 360, but my PS3 had this option, so I suppose I will use it to watch my dvds that have no
    subtitles, this is something that Microsoft should address, only reading digital captions eliminates one of its funcions entirely
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Closed captioning on dvd

Hi there Frog,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with caption feature for DVDs. I recommend to try the following article:

Disc and Blu-ray settings
    . Different DVDs come with different features and settings.

Try this and let us know the results.
  6. CFisch96 Win User

Blu-Ray Player doesn't display Closed Captions.

I can confirm this for you. I have a dvd that has closed-captions and subtitles in French and Spanish. Turning on the closed-captions options only gets me the French and Spanish subtitles.
Thema:

1. DVD Closed captions on Xbox One (2nd generations with black load slot.) - Similar Threads - DVD Closed captions

2. Xbox One does not recognize my 3D tv when I try to play old 360 3D game, but will play DVD...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One does not recognize my 3D tv when I try to play old 360 3D game, but will play DVD...: My Xbox 360 died, so I bought a new Xbox One. It plays the old 360 games in normal mode, but when I try to switch on the 3D mode, it says it has detected that my tv is NOT a 3D tv, and will not...
  3. HD-DVD Player On Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HD-DVD Player On Xbox One: Dear Microsoft Support Dear all users, I am a fan of HD-DVD player, and movies. Even If it's over since 10 years ! I have a great collection and I don't want to throw them... I am sure the...
  4. Blue Ray DVD Player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blue Ray DVD Player: Can I attach an External Blue Ray DVD Player to my X-Box One S? ce13ffd8-74dc-4db8-9c95-054c161bcee4
  5. Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards: I was wondering why only certain 3D Discs get rejected by my Xbox One, but play perfectly fine on my Playstaiton 3. I would tewast dad's 3D + 4KD + network TV player upstairs but it doesn't have...
  6. Xbox blue ray/dvd app is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox blue ray/dvd app is not working: I can play games etc, just not play movies in it. any ideas ? Not a one movie will play dvd, blue ray from various vendors etc. 381aaa02-13cc-4dcd-bd30-979a317b2887
  7. Did you invest in HD-DVD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did you invest in HD-DVD?: I did not, I'm never was a consumer to that type of thing. 0e491096-1792-4f93-ad87-e1da502201d7
  8. Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading: Firstly, hello people I'm back again and this time with some good news that I know some of you will desperately be needing since the last youtube video I posted got a tonne of hits on this...
  9. Blu Ray/DVD leads to static and flickering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray/DVD leads to static and flickering: I'm having issues with playing DVDs or Blu Rays on my Xbox X. My games work just fine, but once I insert a DVD with the Blu Ray app on, the display starts flickering, switching between static,...
  10. Closed captioning on dvd

in XBoX Accessibility
    Closed captioning on dvd: I have a DVD, which will display closed captions on other devices, and does not have internal subtitles, I have learned that the tv's captions don't work due to the HDMI format, but when I turn on...