DVD Closed captions on Xbox One (2nd generations with black load slot.)

Discus and support DVD Closed captions on Xbox One (2nd generations with black load slot.) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I researched the Xbox One I am using the HDMI connection thru the HDMI switch box to my TV.. so I found out the DVD cannot display the closed captions... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PwcrLinux, May 12, 2019.

1. PwcrLinux
    PwcrLinux Guest

I researched the Xbox One I am using the HDMI connection thru the HDMI switch box to my TV.. so I found out the DVD cannot display the closed captions because it's older analog captioning that not work thru the HDMI connection, Blu-Ray disc still use a
    Subtitle... So does the Xbox 360 (Back-up) works on analog closed captioning would use the analog RCA jacks?

:)

PwcrLinux, May 12, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I couldn't find any sources that would confirm it, but since the 360 does have the option to use the RCA jacks it might indeed work, best option to find out is to try it.

Let us know the results
  3. Rjcrane Win User

Blu-Ray Player doesn't display Closed Captions.

Hi Lucello,

The Xbox One does support Closed Captions on supported DVDs, Blu-rays and stream services. Instructions below to enable/disable this option:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the dashboard.

2. Press the Menu button and select Settings.

3. Select Closed Captioning in the Console settings column.

4. To turn closed captions on or off, or to customise how captions appear, select Closed captioning on and use custom styles.
  4. Frogpreest Win User

Closed captioning on dvd

I checked, and all the settings seemed to be accurate, and I tested the DVD again, and had the same issue

Addendum: I have found another device which is connected to my tv, and will read analog captions, for some reason, I was unable to find this setting on xbox one or 360, but my PS3 had this option, so I suppose I will use it to watch my dvds that have no
    subtitles, this is something that Microsoft should address, only reading digital captions eliminates one of its funcions entirely
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Closed captioning on dvd

Hi there Frog,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with caption feature for DVDs. I recommend to try the following article:

Disc and Blu-ray settings
    . Different DVDs come with different features and settings.

Try this and let us know the results.
  6. CFisch96 Win User

Blu-Ray Player doesn't display Closed Captions.

I can confirm this for you. I have a dvd that has closed-captions and subtitles in French and Spanish. Turning on the closed-captions options only gets me the French and Spanish subtitles.
Thema:

1. DVD Closed captions on Xbox One (2nd generations with black load slot.) - Similar Threads - DVD Closed captions

2. cambiar lector dvd xbox 360 slim como le hago [Translation - change xbox 360 slim dvd...

in XBoX on Consoles
    cambiar lector dvd xbox 360 slim como le hago [Translation - change xbox 360 slim dvd...: buenas tardes necesito cambiar el lector de mi xbox 360 slim por otro nuevo que necesito hacer [Translation - good afternoon I need to change the reader of my xbox 360 slim for another new one...
  3. Xbox one S DVD playback issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S DVD playback issues: I have the Xbox one S Gears of war edition and i used to have it laying down like the original Xbox's but when i went to put in a DVD it didnt work till i put it vertically, I have had no issues...
  4. won't play DVD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    won't play DVD: Put DVD into Xbox one s, Tv screen goes black then says no connection Xbox wont respond to controller and have to press power button to turn it off, no other issues with it and only 5 months old...
  5. Dvd menu set to wrong language on XBOX 360 ...is there any way to change it once...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dvd menu set to wrong language on XBOX 360 ...is there any way to change it once...: To be clear, this is not about verbal language playback settings. This is referring to the DVD menu (Play, Scene Selection, Bonus Materials, etc). Kids put a new dvd in and didn't choose english,...
  6. dvd

in XBoX Accessibility
    dvd: my dvd wont play on my xbox1 s, I tried to uninstalled blu ray app and installing again still nothing. help please???? thank you 9d252911-5af9-4c14-b623-183442d10d91
  7. Analog DVD Captions not registering and Kinect causing 3D intrference

in XBoX Accessibility
    Analog DVD Captions not registering and Kinect causing 3D intrference: 2 issues with the Xbox One Blu Ray player. 1) When I put a DVD (either original, or recorded) in my DVD player that’s attached to my Satellite/Antenna TV, the closed captions seems to come out...
  8. Changer lecteur DVD de la Xbox première génération (Change DVD player from the first...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changer lecteur DVD de la Xbox première génération (Change DVD player from the first...: Bonjour toutes et tous. Je possède une Xbox de première génération et il se trouve que le lecteur DVD de celle-ci a du mal lire certains jeux voire ne les lit carrément pas. Comme par exemple...
  9. Poškrábané DVD [Mod Translation: Scratched DVD]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Poškrábané DVD [Mod Translation: Scratched DVD]: Ahoj, v Xboxu 360 se mi poškrábalo DVD s hrou GTA5. Je nějaká možnost, jak si to stáhnout a uložit na disk? Kopie z DVD také není možná a jinak bych to musel znovu koupit. [Mod Translation: Hi...
  10. Closed captioning on dvd

in XBoX Accessibility
    Closed captioning on dvd: I have a DVD, which will display closed captions on other devices, and does not have internal subtitles, I have learned that the tv's captions don't work due to the HDMI format, but when I turn on...