E64

Discus and support E64 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On December 19 I filed a service request due to an E64 error (I was no longer under warranty so I paid the service charge). My console was returned... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tom Hardys Pecs, Jan 24, 2014.

1. E64

On December 19 I filed a service request due to an E64 error (I was no longer under warranty so I paid the service charge). My console was returned January 14 with the error remaining. It seems that no attempt to repair the console was made.

On January 15 I spoke with Microsoft support via chat. My rep was very helpful and after an hour and twenty minutes he was able to send the Microsoft advocacy team my request for a new service invoice number (this time free of charge since the issue wasn't
    resolved upon first request). I was told they would contact me within seven days.

January 24, I have not yet heard from the advocacy team. I attempted to chat with another rep in order to get a phone number or email address so that I might be able to discern the state of my request. He was not able to provide me any information, and asked
    that i wait until next week promising they would contact me by January 27; I was originally promised January 22.

I was hoping someone could get me in contact with the advocacy team so that I could get a refund of my original service charge since apparently nobody has any interest in repairing my console.

Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

- Former loyal customer

:)

Tom Hardys Pecs, Jan 24, 2014
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Hard Drive Red dot of death!

E64 suggests an issue with the console that needs to be repaired.

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-e64

Where did you get the hard drive from? It may be possible as well that if it is a 3rd party drive it will not work on the console.

onyxishere, Jan 24, 2014
  3. E64 help

Your link worked, thanks ROFLStompRogue.

Heaven forbid that microsoft would make this sort of thing easy to find on my own.

Anyways, paid my £75 now just need UPS to collect and (hopefully) I'll be able to keep the fiancé out of my hair in a week or so's time...

AnnonOMousMkII, Jan 24, 2014
  4. E64

The only reason E64 would come up with Microsoft refusing to fix it is if you violated the ToU by opening the case and flashing the drive.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 24, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Hard Drive Red dot of death!

E64 suggests an issue with the console that needs to be repaired.

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-e64

Where did you get the hard drive from? It may be possible as well that if it is a 3rd party drive it will not work on the console.
  6. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

E64

The only reason E64 would come up with Microsoft refusing to fix it is if you violated the ToU by opening the case and flashing the drive.
  7. D3ATH PRONE Win User

e64 error!! :(

Hello oALICEYYo! I do apologize for any problems you're encountering. Here is what your error means.

If your console is out of warranty you will need to pay $100 to get it repaired, once it's repaired it will have a 90 day warranty. I do hope this helps!

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Error code[/td][td]Original Xbox 360 console[/td][td]Xbox 360 S console[/td][/tr][tr][td]E01 – E63, E65[/td][td]Use our Flashing Lights Solution. Choose one flashing light as the problem and follow the steps in the solution.[/td][td]Try the following steps:
    1. Disconnect and reconnect all accessories.
    2. Remove the hard drive.
    3. Remove any USB flash drives.
    If these steps don’t resolve the problem, you’ll need to request a repair.Sign in to request a repair or learn more abouthow to get your console repaired.[/td][/tr][tr][td]E64 [/td][td] Your console needs to be repaired. Sign in to request a repair or learn more about how to get your console repaired. Repair or warranty questions? See Xbox 360 repair: Frequently asked questions.[/td][td] Your console needs to be repaired.Sign in to request a repair or learn more abouthow to get your console repaired. Repair or warranty questions? SeeXbox 360 repair: Frequently asked questions. [/td][/tr][/table]
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

E64 help

Hi, there is more info on the support section, many people don't even know this feature even exists though.

-

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup

-

Enter your error code into the box and hit find. Your code returns a result of doing exactly what you did, arrange a repair.
  9. ROFLStompRogue Win User

E64 help

myservice.xbox.com/.../consolemanager.aspx

Read through that. then click the Start a repair request towards the bottom of the page, if I did it right it should take you to the UK repair process.

E64 does need to be repaired. Unfortunately.

Hopefully this helps and if not then please let me know.
Thema:

E64