E68:Hard drive beeps like R2D2.(Seriously, though.Help.)

Discus and support E68:Hard drive beeps like R2D2.(Seriously, though.Help.) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My hard drive needs to be updated or replaced?It beeps and makes all kinds of noises.This started occuring last night.How do I fix this?Can I fix... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by a kry baby, Feb 9, 2014.

1. a kry baby
    a kry baby Guest

My hard drive needs to be updated or replaced?It beeps and makes all kinds of noises.This started occuring last night.How do I fix this?Can I fix this?I read on support that it means your xbox may be damaged.It's no use taking everything off when I know
    it's the hard drive.I tried my backup hard drive,and my xbox worked fine with that.Why do I need my 250gb hard drive fixed?Because my backup is only 120gb.This damaged one is the only one that can fit the memory.I hear I need a system update to fix this hard
    drive.I can't access the update because my 250gb hard drive crashes quickly with it inserted."E68,system error.Contact xbox customer support."Can I get this system update with my backup hard drive,or does it HAVE to be with a wired connection?If so,where do
    I get the update to fix this?I'm having an internal hard drive problem on the exterior of the xbox 360.(250GB HDD).I am not using a slim model.Main questions are, can I fix this 250gb hard drive?If so,how?

:)

a kry baby, Feb 9, 2014
  2. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    E:68 error on xbox 360

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-e68

Try removing your Hard Drive. If it boots up without it, then your drive is pretty much garbage. If your console still doesn't boot, then try your Hard Drive in another console.

Irixion, Feb 9, 2014
  3. E68 error, 320 GB hard drive defective (?). How do I recover saves?

I got an E68 error. Removed the 320 GB portable hard drive from xbox 360 and the xbox works fine, with access to original hard drive. Tried reinserting the hard drive an I once again get e68 errors. I wanted to know if there is any way to recover all my
    information saved on this external hard drive if it can't connect to the xbox?

EllipticPlanet0, Feb 9, 2014
  4. a kry baby
    a kry baby Guest

I don't think there's physical damage done to the hard drive.

a kry baby, Feb 9, 2014
  5. a kry baby Win User

I don't think there's physical damage done to the hard drive.
  6. Tampa Fresh Win User

ERROR E68

Error E68 typically means you need a new hard drive ;(
  7. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Slim Hard Drives

E68 is a hard drive error as you probably know.

probably the only way to fix it is to get the correct hard drive for your machine.
  8. Irixion Win User

E:68 error on xbox 360

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-e68

Try removing your Hard Drive. If it boots up without it, then your drive is pretty much garbage. If your console still doesn't boot, then try your Hard Drive in another console.
  9. WPAK Win User

E68 Error on 250Gb HDD

Hi there,

-

When ever a hard drive is causing a E68 error, it's unlikely that any save files on that hard drive can be recoverd by any supperted ways.

As mentioned on the link
    support.xbox.com/.../error-codes
    which describes the E68 error, the only thing to do is to get a different hard drive.
Thema:

1. E68:Hard drive beeps like R2D2.(Seriously, though.Help.) - Similar Threads - E68 Hard drive

2. Xbox360s E68

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox360s E68: Xbox360s E68 E68 what gives? Someone...................knows. Pass it please... 8381ed56-13da-4ad8-b99c-7abb33d79283
  3. E68 and 8007000f

in XBoX on Consoles
    E68 and 8007000f: From what I have heard,seen and read, what a POS! What is the REAL (temporary) fix? Done all the advised stuff and will not pay The Gods for a false hope. Only option left..........last smoke, a...
  4. error code e68

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code e68: how can i fix it error code e68 without buying a new hard drive? 81d08f67-5b56-4b4a-8b4b-d31b6d66cea6
  5. XBox 360 features missing then E68 when updating!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 features missing then E68 when updating!: Hi, I turned on my Xbox 360 today and suddenly getting this error saying some features missing and I need to update it! So I chose OK to update and then halfway through I get the following error!...
  6. Error code e68

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code e68: I downloaded gta 5 then the gta 5 play disc then a live update and then played cod ghosts and then shut my xbox off then when I went to play it this morning it said I had a e68 error and I can...
  7. Is there anyway to recover or fix an S HDD from the E68 error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to recover or fix an S HDD from the E68 error?: The E68 occurred to me yesterday when I was trying to log into my profile. At first, I thought my Xbox S was frozen or something since 5 minutes passed by and I was still logging in. Upon closer...
  8. E68 error with old hard drive and now a new hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    E68 error with old hard drive and now a new hard drive.: Previous post: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/7/t/1903701.aspx I got a E68 error this week. Followed the instructions for this (Error Code E68 and one red...
  9. E68 error, 320 GB hard drive defective (?). How do I recover saves?

in XBoX on Consoles
    E68 error, 320 GB hard drive defective (?). How do I recover saves?: I got an E68 error. Removed the 320 GB portable hard drive from xbox 360 and the xbox works fine, with access to original hard drive. Tried reinserting the hard drive an I once again get e68...
  10. E68 while hard drive is installed

in XBoX on Consoles
    E68 while hard drive is installed: I am using the 4gb Xbox 360 Slim, recently i have started to get the E68 error when my hard drive is installed to the system. is there a fix for this? i really dont want to loose my save games,...