Edge bugs: Pointer disappearing and opening new tab freezing the app

Discus and support Edge bugs: Pointer disappearing and opening new tab freezing the app in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hitting Y or nexus/home button enables the pointer to reappear and can fix your pointer being stuck in the address bar area.. Besides that bug I keep... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PPpuddlePauly, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Edge bugs: Pointer disappearing and opening new tab freezing the app

Hitting Y or nexus/home button enables the pointer to reappear and can fix your pointer being stuck in the address bar area.. Besides that bug I keep experiencing a freezing of the app when opening a new tab after some period of time of browsing. I can only recall this freezing happening on twitter. I also cant interact with buttons in the Bing news portal like: Date, sources,etc. Only get a few news articles since scrolling down doesnt populate more

submitted by /u/PPpuddlePauly
    [link] [comments]

/u/PPpuddlePauly, Feb 23, 2020
  2. TFMorgan Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection settings

In Windows 8 swipe in from the right edge or move the mouse pointer to the upper right corner and select settings from the charms bar while a game is open.
  3. twaig1690 Win User

New Edge crashes continually

Lucky you I say that because i have a lot of issues

1. If I open up more then 1 tab it will do two things freeze and close down or it will turn my xbox one X off

2. Sometimes it won't open up websites including xbox.com

3. It will open up random websites

4. The mouse pointer on screen always snaps to address bar making it difficulty to use

5. I can't open up my router anymore

6. In private browsing on works 50% and if you try to close it down by clicking on the 3 dots in the top right of asks you do want to open up in private browsing while your private browsing

So far that are the issues I have with edge
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

895-system 32.exe

Hey Michael! What is happening is, it sounds like your Edge is starting on the most recently-opened tab. Often, on a site which probably would give a virus on the computer itself (one of those that pop open a specific window and refuse to close, or tell
    you to click something to get rid of a virus but it turns out to be a virus itself) these will open the tab, and then when closing Edge, the next time you open it, that same tab is already there.

There are a couple of things you can do. Try opening your browser on your Xbox, then on your controller, press the "view" button (this looks like two interlocking squares to the left of the Xbox Logo.) This will open the "new tab" and "address bar" window.
    From here you should be able to close existing tabs by highlighting the tab you wish to close, pressing menu, and choosing "Close Tab. Then you will start fresh with a new tab.

If that doesn't work, you can also search for any item in the game store, then scroll all the way to the right and choose "Web Results." This will force Edge to re-open on a new tab showing Bing Search results, and the "bad" tab will be in the background.
    Now you SHOULD be able to use the "view button method" listed above to close the offending tabs.

Oh, and don't worry about Viruses - that won't happen with Xbox One, so no virus-scan program is required.

Let me know!
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Microsoft Edge removal

The closest I've got was to unsnap it to disappear from home screen.

Starting it always open Games n apps and a sidebar with Edge in it.

So in that position, not full screen - press xbox button to get to home screen.

Then with LS you can select the games and apps part, or the edge part or a unsnap part.

There you can get it out of sight at least.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Internet Explorer/ Microsoft Edge

What bugs are you experiencing when downloading content from Microsoft Edge? What content are you attempting to download?

Be sure that you have any unused tabs closed. You may benefit from uninstalling/reinstalling the ME app.
Thema:

Edge bugs: Pointer disappearing and opening new tab freezing the app

1. Edge bugs: Pointer disappearing and opening new tab freezing the app - Similar Threads - Edge bugs Pointer

2. Microsoft Edge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge: Can we please get mouse support on Microsoft Edge it makes sense because its a browser and the controller gets on my nerves sometimes 45926327-2801-4dab-b22b-8ab84cb98ec4
  3. Microsoft Edge's audio stopped to work on my Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge's audio stopped to work on my Xbox: Audio started to not work on Microsoft Edge in my Xbox. It's not a problem of my headphones because I can listen to Spotify or simply in game sound, so I don't understand what's the problem. Any...
  4. Microsoft Edge - Can it be Deleted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - Can it be Deleted?: Having issues with my child's ability to use Microsoft Edge on Xbox One to access adult content when we aren't home (after school). Parental features don't seem to be robust enough so I want to...
  5. Bleeding edge - Tank, damage or healer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bleeding edge - Tank, damage or healer?: Hi Fellow Gamers / Ambassadors, For bleeding edge players or those looking to try out the game - what is your preferred player class type? Tank, damage or healer? I have played the game since...
  6. Bleeding Edge - First Week

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bleeding Edge - First Week: Hallo my friends How are you finding the new fighting game Bleeding Edge, released on XBox earlier this week? I played the BETA and loved it. Found the characters to have been beautifully...
  7. Not able to install Bleeding edge on Xbox beta app or through microsoft store.

in XBoX on Windows
    Not able to install Bleeding edge on Xbox beta app or through microsoft store.: Everytime i download it through the xbox beta app it comes up error with no error code. When i download it from microsoft store it says 'something happened on our end'. I had no problems...
  8. Microsoft Edge Manage Passwords bug

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge Manage Passwords bug: Microsoft can u fix the Microsoft Edge Manage Passwords bug, on the Xbox One? It doesn't open. submitted by /u/chris1892006 [link] [comments]
  9. Bug/glitch in Microsoft Edge. Maybe a security issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug/glitch in Microsoft Edge. Maybe a security issue?: To clarify my problem, I recorded the issue: https://vimeo.com/330395835 About two months ago, I accessed a adult site in my xbox one using Microsoft Edge inPrivate mode. I was apprehensive, but...
  10. Microsft Edge app bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsft Edge app bugs: Hello When i'm on Facebook on the Edge app the playback on the videos turn into a green screen. I'm still able to hear the audio but the video is replaced with a green screen. Also, after awhile...