Edge on Xbox One broken again....

Discus and support Edge on Xbox One broken again.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Once again MS Edge has had it on my Xbox one. I'm pretty sure I'm going PS as it looks very broken. It keeps redirecting to a 'site':... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JamieNugent1, Apr 25, 2019.

1. JamieNugent1
    JamieNugent1 Guest

Hi everyone,

Once again MS Edge has had it on my Xbox one. I'm pretty sure I'm going PS as it looks very broken.

It keeps redirecting to a 'site': ms-appx-web:///assets/errorpages/acr_error.htm?NTPUrl=about:tabs

No matter what site I try it redirects and after a while the cursor disappears and I have to quit out of it etc. It's been like it for 3 days.

I've shut down edge and restarted the xbox and I can't uninstall it for some reason?!

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks, Jamie.

:)

JamieNugent1, Apr 25, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Jamie,

I'm sorry to hear that clearing the data for the Edge app did not work.

Did you try the hard power cycle and/or the soft factory reset that I mentioned earlier? I think the software needs to be reset since the Edge app is built into the system and those troubleshooting steps will be beneficial. The steps are listed above as
    well.

Please try out those steps and let us know the results or if you have any other questions.
  3. imdydll Win User

Hi everyone,

Once again MS Edge has had it on my Xbox one. I'm pretty sure I'm going PS as it looks very broken.

It keeps redirecting to a 'site': ms-appx-web:///assets/errorpages/acr_error.htm?NTPUrl=about:tabs

No matter what site I try it redirects and after a while the cursor disappears and I have to quit out of it etc. It's been like it for 3 days.

I've shut down edge and restarted the xbox and I can't uninstall it for some reason?!

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks, Jamie.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create
    a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  5. JamieNugent1 Win User

If that's where you 'manage app' and delete all saved data or clearing the browser history, no dice.

It keeps telling me some data couldn't be cleared when trying to delete cookie and saved website data.

After clearing everything it will load and/or try to load a page briefly but then ultimately redirects....
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue.

The Microsoft Edge web browser app is a built in operating system app that cannot be uninstalled. First, go ahead and do a

hard reset and power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and
    turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a
    soft factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have your account login information plus your WIFI password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your network during the reset.

Try those out and let us know if it helps!
Thema:

1. Edge on Xbox One broken again.... - Similar Threads - Edge broken again

2. I reported an issue with the Microsoft edge app only my Xbox. For some reason only while...

in XboX Insiders
    I reported an issue with the Microsoft edge app only my Xbox. For some reason only while...: submitted by /u/Troyvine [link] [comments]
  3. Edge for xbox is not working properly ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Edge for xbox is not working properly ...: On YouTube, all the video images disappeared ... Some controls disappeared ... 9c30265e-ca1a-4cd1-9c7e-9380a4415e08
  4. Xbox Edge app not working with www.YouTube.com.. Fix needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Edge app not working with www.YouTube.com.. Fix needed: The left side column/rows of video tiles are without thumbnail pictures in previews. This has been a problem for two weeks. Using your Xbox & using the Edge app go to this link.....
  5. Can you add a scroll lock and a dark mode to microsoft edge for xbox and PC

in XboX Insiders
    Can you add a scroll lock and a dark mode to microsoft edge for xbox and PC: I would greatly appreciate it if you guys add a dark mode feature since the default white background can strain my eyes quite a bit during use. Also add a scroll lock specifically for the console...
  6. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge... cloud save issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge... cloud save issue: We've really been enjoying NG3 since it went backwards compatible. On my 360 I have save data that is uploaded to cloud saves. My Xbox1 won't recognize the cloud saves since I've played it on two...
  7. Microsoft Edge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge: On Xbox One, the Microsoft Edge App is broken. It is missing from my downloaded apps & all links that open Microsoft Edge just give me a error message. Unfortunately, the Microsoft Edge App is...
  8. Why is Microsoft Edge on Xbox One showing google.com in basic html and not standard version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Microsoft Edge on Xbox One showing google.com in basic html and not standard version?: It goes from google.com to http://www.google.com/#spf=1574734438834 in url bar. I'm using wired connection, I really don't want to reset xbox. Is there any other solution? Theres no option to...
  9. Edge is a broken, frustrating, unusable [Mod Removed-Profanity], on Xbox. Are there any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Edge is a broken, frustrating, unusable [Mod Removed-Profanity], on Xbox. Are there any...: I'm about ready to smash this [Mod Removed-Innapropriate] xbox one s, and get a ps4. Random crashes, system freezes ALL THE TIME, page jumps up and down seemingly at random. It took me 15 minutes...
  10. Microsoft: Microsoft Edge unfinished and broken.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Microsoft: Microsoft Edge unfinished and broken.: Microsoft (Routers): Microsoft Edge unfinished and broken. Edge just crashed over 20 times today what an unfinished unstable piece of crap,Microsoft fix this turd of a browser. Or give us the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-appx-web:///assets/errorpages/acr_error.htm?ntpurl=about:tabs

2. xbox ms-appx-web ntpurl=about:tabs