Elite 2 Controller is a RIP OFF

Discus and support Elite 2 Controller is a RIP OFF in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Left stick drifts up and down. X button sticks down. A button intermittent. Warrenty expired 6 days ago. No replacement, $99 for repair and 15-20... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MuchoMuerto, Apr 9, 2020.

1. MuchoMuerto
    MuchoMuerto Guest

Left stick drifts up and down. X button sticks down. A button intermittent.

Warrenty expired 6 days ago. No replacement, $99 for repair and 15-20 days turnaround. Rep said could be 1 to 2 months with covid. Took me 5 hrs on the phone. They don't care. What a rip off. Basically a $66/month rental at this point with a $99 fee
    to wait 2 months to see if the next one works.

If your going to get it you better get the 2 year warranty.

:)

MuchoMuerto, Apr 9, 2020
  2. The Viral Cyrix Win User

My Xbox One Elite controller is broken

If you are paying $400 for an elite controller you got ripped off.
  3. Irishjob Win User

ELITE CONTROLLER IS A RIP OFF

I have an xbox one elite controller, it's working fine - Use it as my primary controller and the grips / buttons all work fine, you must have been unlucky and received a defective unit.
  4. YourMobileTech Win User

I disagree with this 100%. I have an Elite controller. I purchased it brand new. My gf and her 5 kids live with me so trust me it gets plenty of use. Even overuse and not once has anything gone wrong with the controller. No problems with the grips nor the
    buttons. Did you buy yours second hand? Is it an authentic elite controller? I just bought a second controller so I don't have to re-sync the controller between consoles in the living room and my bedroom. I love the elite controller and it's the only one I use.
  5. Dadwhite Win User

I have a day one elite controller that I did the pre-order on when they were announced. It has been working just fine without any issues and it is the only controller I use. About 3 months ago one of the grips did start to come off and I was able to find
    new oem grips on ebay and amazon for $10. I consider this normal ware and tear so I see no reason to down grade the device for this, no different then a car having similar wear.
  6. smileskybird Win User

The Xbox One controllers are poorly built

The elite controller is definetly a rip off. its made out of plastic just like the original controller. probably only costs $20 or $30 to make. I guess they have to make some money for operating expenses for xbox.
Thema:

1. Elite 2 Controller is a RIP OFF - Similar Threads - Elite Controller RIP

2. Elite 2 controller return - appears to have gone missing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller return - appears to have gone missing?: So I'm trying to chase where my controller return is before my repair order expires in 2 days time now - and the support system is insistant on only telling me to post here or talk to an xbox...
  3. Elite controller 2 is a scam

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller 2 is a scam: I have currently already replaced my elite controller from warranty and both of them ended up with faulty left analog sticks and troublesome A buttons. First time i just replaced and assumed it...
  4. Is the elite 2 controller worth getting?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is the elite 2 controller worth getting?: A question that many have asked. Let me answer it for you. Absolutely not. I've stuck by xbox since the halo days, I own over 245 digital games, got the original elite controller, and have...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc: While it works just fine with the Xbox, It will not work on pc what so ever. Will not show up under bluetooth and when plugged in Windows 10 1909 will does not recognize the device. Giving the...
  6. Just bought Xbox Elite Controller V2 - Bluetooth issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Just bought Xbox Elite Controller V2 - Bluetooth issues: Hello, Was super excited for this purchase. Just bought an Elite series 2 controller today, and looks like I'm joining what seems to be a long list of complaints on Bluetooth connectivity...
  7. XBOX Service/repair for Xbox Elite 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Service/repair for Xbox Elite 2 controller.: Hello, If anyone here could help me or has had a similar issue i would greatly appreciate the help. So my new Xbox Elite 2 control pad developed terrible stick drift on the left thumbstick, so...
  8. ELITE CONTROLLER IS A RIP OFF

in XBoX on Consoles
    ELITE CONTROLLER IS A RIP OFF: DO NOT BUY THE X-BOX ONE ELITE CONTROLLER DO NOT BUY THE X-BOX ONE ELITE CONTROLLER DO NOT BUY THE X-BOX ONE ELITE CONTROLLER DO NOT BUY THE X-BOX ONE ELITE CONTROLLER DO NOT BUY THE X-BOX ONE...
  9. XBOX ONE ELITE CONTROLLER 150 DOLLAR RIP OFF

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE ELITE CONTROLLER 150 DOLLAR RIP OFF: let me start off by saying ive had my xbox live account for 10 years and never had been this frustrated with any other xbox product. I paid 150 dollars plus tax for this controller and the left...
  10. Xbox One elite controller is a rip off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller is a rip off: Dear Microsoft, I haven't been on this forum in a long long time but wanted to vent my frustration And highlight an issue I hope a lot of forum members will agree on and Microsoft may actually...