Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting with Xbox Series X

Discus and support Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting with Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox Series X Xbox Elite 2 Controller Steel Series Arctis 9x Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting randomly at least once per day, I can‘t seem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J HARRIZ, Feb 10, 2021.

1. J HARRIZ
    J HARRIZ Guest

Xbox Series X

Xbox Elite 2 Controller

Steel Series Arctis 9x

Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting randomly at least once per day, I can‘t seem to work out whats triggering it - somtimes it’s mid-game, sometimes it‘s when the Xbox goes into idle mode (with the display still on). The xbox (LED) on the controller flashes as if it’s not paired / searching, no inputs register.

When the controller disconnects there is no way to re-pair/re-connect the controller even pressing both pair buttons (on controller and xbox) does not allow it to reconnect/re-pair. Plugging it in via the USB C does not allow it to reconnect either.

The only way I kind find to get the controller to reconnect is to do a hard reset of the Xbox series X and after powering back up the controller connects with no issues (do not need to press the pair button).

It has also happened a few times with my headset - both the controller and the headset disconnect / depair and the only way to reconnect both is to do the hard reset. However it is far more common with the controller.

To me it seems like an issue with the Xbox Series X as both the controller and headset worked fine on my old xbox one x.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there a fix / software update in the pipeline to rectify this issue as having to hard reset the xbox mid-game is not ideal?

All the Best

J

:)

J HARRIZ, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Jaxpug Win User

Controller

Ive had the baseline controllers for years and keep holding back from pulling the trigger (get it?) for an elite controller. When the series 2 came out, I was ready to go get one, but the fervor died off with reports of disconnecting.

Right now I’m still waiting to get an elite. I plan on it sometime this year, maybe with the Series X
  3. bpipal Win User

Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently

This did not work, I also noticed that if I shut off the XBOX One X it disconnects this controller and I have to reconnect it on startup. This does not happen with my other controllers just the Elite series 2 one.. I'll request a replacement
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox Elite série 2[Xbox Elite series 2]

Hello _Cristophe-,

Thank you for your post. The Xbox Series X will allow for backward compatibility with Xbox One controllers, meaning an Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 will work as normal with the Series X.

I hope this helps!
  5. Tomesso Win User

Best xbox one controller?

Elite Series 2 is an amazing controller. And you'll be able to use it on Series X as well.
  6. MárióPetri Win User

Reset Factory and Unpair elite controllers

This metod an xbox series s or x controller unpair.

My contorrel elite 2 and not working.
Thema:

1. Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting with Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Elite Controller keeps

2. Controller Elite Series 2 Keeps Turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Elite Series 2 Keeps Turning off: I don't know if there is something I can do with it, but every time I connect the controller to the cable and I'm using it at the same time it just turns off again and again, it only happens when...
  3. My Xbox one elite controller keeps crashing on pc when I play games at higher frame rates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one elite controller keeps crashing on pc when I play games at higher frame rates.: So it started out a few weeks back, I was playing on my pc at 60fps, and suddenly my controller just began crashing every time I tried to play. Once the controller crashes, it no longer registers...
  4. While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...

in XBoX on Mobile
    While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...: While playing Call of Duty Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected with a bluetooth headset at the same time. It works fine if I used a wired headset. The PS5...
  5. Is there any way i can reset my elite controller series 2 because the left stick keeps...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way i can reset my elite controller series 2 because the left stick keeps...: any way i can reset it back to its normal state f015b5ff-7ec6-4af1-896e-f06b043f6180
  6. xbox elite controller series 2 keeps forcing the menu upwards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox elite controller series 2 keeps forcing the menu upwards: i have an elite controller that doesnt work anymore because it keeps forcing the menu upwards and i cant stop it, i tried EVERYTHING including doing a factory reset on my xbox with it attached...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting while being used wirelessly.

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting while being used wirelessly.: This is getting a bit ridiculous. My elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting for a second or two and then reconnects (only when I'm using it wirelessly). This is an issue when playing games...
  8. xbox one elite series 2 controller keeps losing connection with my xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one elite series 2 controller keeps losing connection with my xbox one X: xbox one elite series 2 controller keeps losing connection with my xbox one X it works great if i plug it in but if wireless it randomly disconnects :( its driving me nuts :( anyone got any...
  9. Elite Series 2 Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Series 2 Controller keeps disconnecting: Hi All, I purchased a new elite series controller 2, i updated the windows PC and the controller. The controller keeps getting disconnected randomly, i have seen this on other posts too. Is...
  10. Elite controller v1 internal screw keeps coming out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller v1 internal screw keeps coming out: Hi all! I have had an elite controller for a year or two and have never had issues with it. However, last month my right trigger suddenly wouldn't press down. I removed the rubber and the side...