Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Discus and support Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Why aren't the paddles able to be dedicated buttons P1-4? Further more why not allow key binding to controller buttons while playing on PC? I bought... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PsycoPyro88, Nov 7, 2019.

1. PsycoPyro88
    PsycoPyro88 Guest

Why aren't the paddles able to be dedicated buttons P1-4? Further more why not allow key binding to controller buttons while playing on PC?

I bought an Elite Series 2 yesterday and while i was very happy with the build quality and some of the new features, i was pretty sad when it came to using it with the PC which was one of my main reasons for buying it. I was hoping the more buttons
    and functionality would be incredibly useful on PC games. The inability to use the paddles as actual additional buttons or bind specific keys to any of the buttons has somewhat obliterated that idea. I suppose this is somewhat my fault for not doing enough
    research. Is there a way around this without using expensive or poorly designed 3rd party software? Is there a team at Microsoft currently working to remedy this? Amazing hardware being severely stunted by the software. Unfortunately i was the guinea pig to
    test what it could do, for my friends who want to buy one but the decision rides on these specific things and have decided against the purchase for the time being.

:)

PsycoPyro88, Nov 7, 2019
  2. PsycoPyro88 Win User

Not really. On the console they would simply do nothing or be mapped to a button that the game utilizes. On pc playing something like rocket league is great on a controller however there are game functons that remain unmapped due to lack of controller
    buttons. No its not a replacement for a keyboard but meant to be high end gaming equipment whether you are on pc or console. These features would greatly help the sales of this equipment and help further Microsoft endeavors into pc gaming space and cross compatibility
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey PsycoPyro

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

I assure you, that is one of the, if not the main, method of receiving feedback from the community in regards to new features and such for the Xbox One platforms.

As there is no further information that we can provide to you on this matter, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns, that differ from this thread, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Forums and we wish you a wonderful day!
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
  5. choppyseize Win User

It moved over to Reddit Months ago. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you get into the swing of things it's pretty great.
  6. PsycoPyro88 Win User

I appreciate the info though not entirely helpful. So reddit is the only place for suggestions now? This seems not super great.
Thema:

1. Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Mapping

2. Mapping from Elite Controller dropped by switching profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mapping from Elite Controller dropped by switching profile: I have two profiles on Xbox One console, and every account has other Controller mapping settings saved. As example: Main account Conroller preset 1 for GTA 5 Controller preset 2 for Fifa Guest...
  3. How to map elite control buttons to use on PC ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to map elite control buttons to use on PC ?: How to map elite control buttons to use on PC? 93cb5301-c1f2-47ed-86f4-5fdb3ac57b96
  4. xbox elite controller button combination mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite controller button combination mapping: Hi I would expect to be able to map a combination of buttons too. E.g Trigger + X or LB + A which typically would give special moves. i cant find anything about that. Feature request? cheers...
  5. Elite Controller button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller button mapping: Hello, There needs to be an update for elite controller button mapping to allow direct binding of paddles, instead of having to bind them to the existing standard buttons....
  6. Xbox Elite controller won’t let me map the buttons and save them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite controller won’t let me map the buttons and save them: my Xbox elite controller will not let me configure my buttons or map my buttons and save them. But I am able to with the original Xbox controller. I am also in the preview program....
  7. Elite controller mapping issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller mapping issue: discovered that on the elite controller if you are trying to map the menu or view button to one of the shifter paddles it is causing the software to incorrectly configure the controller and create...
  8. ELITE CONTROLLER MAPPING FOR HALO AND BF1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    ELITE CONTROLLER MAPPING FOR HALO AND BF1?: Picked up a sweet deal on a Elite Controller. Played with it a little and really love the feel. Now I am trying to find a good mapping for it. Right now for FPS I am playing Halo and a little BF1....
  9. Elite controller custom elite mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller custom elite mapping: So, this page in the store: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller| Xbox One Reveals 4 elite custom controller mappings for Battlefield 1. My problem is that they are not available within the accessory...
  10. Elite Controller Mapping for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Mapping for PC: I really have a simple question that apparently no one can answer. I just need to know how to map my elite controller to have the 4 back paddles to be able to be entirely new inputs that would be...