Elite 2 controller not working on game on Halo 2

Discus and support Elite 2 controller not working on game on Halo 2 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Grabbed myself an Xbox Series X and playing Halo Infinite (disc). Also grabbed an Elite 2 controller but for whatever reason, whilst the E2 controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JammyMukka, Jan 12, 2022.

1. JammyMukka
    JammyMukka Guest

Grabbed myself an Xbox Series X and playing Halo Infinite (disc). Also grabbed an Elite 2 controller but for whatever reason, whilst the E2 controller works during the game load up and menus, as soon as I’m thrust back into the action it refuses to work. The only button that seems to work in game is the ‘Home’ button that brings up the Xbox options (to jump to another game/turn off console etc). This is in campaign mode… not tried it on multiplayer yet. Controller has been updated and works on other games I have. Anybody know of what’s going on or had similar issues?

:)

JammyMukka, Jan 12, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll recommend you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

- Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 2 minutes.

- Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

If that doesn't help, I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.

If that doesn't help as well, kindly reinstall the game.
  3. LegoNinja187 Win User

E3

For me, the new Elite series 2 controller, project scarlett, and of course Halo: Infinite, and Cyberpunk was pretty cool too
  4. Fast Chet Win User

Xbox Series X

I don't expect a dramatic difference. I am hoping that Halo Infinite is bundled with the new Xbox and maybe the new elite 2 controllers.
  5. Silicon Iceman Win User

Compared to all Halos where do you rate this Campaign?

Halo 2's lesser elites? Did we play the same game, ChainSmokingBob? Halo 2's elites were the reason I broke two of my original Xbox controllers and a perfectly good TV.

The first level of Halo 2 is one that I will remember until the day I die. Why? Because it has the distinction of being the hardest level on legendary of any game that has the word "Halo" in it (that is not also an RTS). It is the reason I rate Halo 2
    as the hardest Halo that I have ever played on legendary. In that first level where you are defending the station against the Covenant (recurring theme, I know) there were no brutes, only grunts, jackals and every single type of elite you can possibly imagine
    (if you can only imagine five types). There were invisible elites, jetpack elites and silver, dual-plasma-rifle-wielding elites that would cut your shields down in two seconds flat.

"Lesser elites" my @s$! If anything, they may have seemed "lesser" to you because of the bigger variety of weapons to dispatch them (like the energy sword, carbine, beam rifle, etc.) than in the first game, but still, there were nothing lesser about the
    dual-weilding sumbiches with the jetpacks and the tenacious elite honor guards. You may also think that because you got better at killing them since the first game and the noob combo still worked on them (sans the pistol, of course) whereas the brutes didn't
    have a similar weakness aside from 15 consecutive pink needles chain-reacting in their rectum.

Think about this little tidbit: There is a reason that Halo 2 was the only Halo with dual-wielding elites.

-M
  6. Jav0r Win User

Controller Sensitivity - A Must Read!

just invest in an elite series 2 controller if you want controller sensitivity. i think normal controllers work fine as they are.
Thema:

1. Elite 2 controller not working on game on Halo 2 - Similar Threads - Elite controller working

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won’t work with Xbox Accessories app on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won’t work with Xbox Accessories app on PC: I had bought an elite series 2 controller on kijiji, and as I have found out the guy who owned it before had updated it on his Xbox, with a firmware that doesn’t work on the Xbox accessories pc...
  3. Elite 2 Controller doesnt work on any apple devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite 2 Controller doesnt work on any apple devices: I got a Xbox elite 2 controller recently and it doesnt work on any apple devices in games and i cant change the button mapping in settings as if the controller doesnt exist even though it is...
  4. Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?: I have an elite series 2 that I bought in December. If I use it wirelessly, the right thumbstick stops working. I can use all other buttons and sticks. I can even click the right thumbstick but...
  5. Device Service & Repair not working (Xbox Elite controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Device Service & Repair not working (Xbox Elite controller): When trying to start order for service and repair of an xbox elite controller series 2, I get as far as "Select shipping address to see available service options", when I click "Enter a new...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not working properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not working properly: Having the same issues as this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-elite-controller-series-2-a-button-opens-xbox/191bde21-f5e7-44bb-996e-56d74f54eb26?page=5 mods...
  7. Will the Series 2 Elite, the most premium Microsoft made controller not work properly with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Series 2 Elite, the most premium Microsoft made controller not work properly with...: If I plug my Xbox Elite 2 controller into my PC to charge, I have to delete the existing bluetooth pairing in settings, and pair it again manually if I want to go back to bluetooth once it is...
  8. XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller PC Will Not Work Via USB Cable (Works Fine Via Bluetooth)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller PC Will Not Work Via USB Cable (Works Fine Via Bluetooth): I purchased an XBOX Elite Series 2 controller, new, about 2 months ago. The controller communicates with the PC via Bluetooth. But I prefer to play wired for direct input, lower lag, and to avoid...
  9. Xbox Elite series 2 controller not working on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller not working on PC: I got my new Xbox One elite series 2 controller for playing on PC and I don't currently own an Xbox. 1.- I tried to connect my controller via Bluetooth to my PC but some buttons execute 2 actions...
  10. XBox elite series 2 controller doesn't work right at all on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox elite series 2 controller doesn't work right at all on PC: Hello, I bought myself a controller for some games that are not ported well to PC and just for some fun. It has been nothing but sheer frustration. It does not work out of the box. It...