Elite 2 Controller Right Bumper NOT WORKING!

Discus and support Elite 2 Controller Right Bumper NOT WORKING! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How to start this rant.... The first word that comes to mind is disgust. I love Xbox, bought it when the first one just released. I was the only one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheOldDirtyBean, May 30, 2020.

1. Elite 2 Controller Right Bumper NOT WORKING!

How to start this rant.... The first word that comes to mind is
    disgust.

I love Xbox, bought it when the first one just released. I was the only one of my friends who had one since they all consider it to be a mediocre lower quality product. I did stood by them and happy defended their product and creativity (Halo, Fable, their
    huge controller, etc). I stood by them when they brought the Xbox 360 and I suffer from the Red Ring of Death, and had to buy another 360 - because again Microsoft was unwilling to replace their defective product. I stood by them when the Xbox One release
    and their CEO said the following: "We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360". I bought the Xbox One X as soon as it released and it came
    with a defective controller that I never changed because I already had the Elite 1 which broke 3 TIMES!

I love Phil Spencer's direction and the new life that he's stilling into the Xbox brand. I want to believe they care about their audience, I want to believe that they care about the gamers - as you hear them saying ALL the time in their conferences.

And so when the Elite Controller 2 was announced and I saw the following video (about quality assurance) -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qflhejZNTGA. (I love their line
    "better bumper durability")

I was sold, not only sold but impatient! And decided to buy it as soon as it was to be release... and of course as soon as it released I bought it. I thought Phil you really care about US, the gamers, your fans!

But hold an behold the god damn controller is now not functioning. It took 5 months of normal use for the controller to have an issue. This issue seems to not be an uncommon one since another user is experiencing the same problem - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...series-2/fd395f42-c705-44ed-8c4b-a0917db2926f -
    the right bumper is not functioning. (Remember their line from their quality assurance video "better bumper durability")

Ok, I tell myself... problems happen with manufacturing at such huge scale as stated in the following official Microsoft acknowledgment of the issues surrounding the Elite 2:

At Microsoft, we put all of our products through rigorous quality assurance testing. However, like any hardware, there is the possibility that a small percentage of devices may experience issues. We are
    aware that a small number of users may be experiencing issues with the Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and are actively investigating with our engineering teams. We encourage any customers who experience issues with their hardware to contact Xbox Support.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-elite-controller-series-2-hardware-issues/156452c6-0725-4e83-9da5-67fd9abbb7f9?auth=1

I try to process a repair and now they want me to pay $90.00 for the repair. NINETY DOLLARS to repair a controller that cost me $180.00 that I purchase 5 months ago (this is more than the cost of a new console!). I cannot believe it and so I try to get
    hold with someone at Microsoft (which was rather difficult) and when I finally get hold of someone they tell me that they cannot do anything and that the only option available for them to help me is to process the $90 repair, and that nothing else can be done.

Does this feel that they care about the players? The fans? Like me, a fan for almost 20 years!

I'm utterly DISGUSTED. Now through my researches I learn that there is a Top Action Lawsuit against Microsoft and the Elite 2 - https://topclassactions.com/class-a...x-one-class-action-alleges-controller-defect/ -
    I wish I don't have to add my name because I do still hope that I can trust the words of their CEO Phil Spencer whom I don't know but somehow respect because he made me believe that he, and Xbox, cared about us - the fans!

I was 1000% sure to buy the Xbox Series X on release but now I'm terrified to get into the same situation I'm right now.

Is there anyone that can help or am I to just filed complains, bad reviews, and put my name on the Top Action Lawsuit?

:)

TheOldDirtyBean, May 30, 2020
  2. TheGoodFella16 Win User

Gears of war 4 is coming, and now.. So am I.

i've had 2 - horrible, Right bumper and left bumper went off. Now they have no more replacements for GoW4 LE Elite Controllers. Absolutely horrible that such a pricey product is made with such low quality.
  3. Tucker D Dawg Win User

elite series 2 controller

Used elite first gen for years and just got good at replacing broken bumpers. I had high hopes for the elite 2 but sadly my elite 2 right bumper clicks but doesnt register input most of the time after only 2 months.

submitted warranty claim, and will have them replace it - but even though i prefer the feel of the sticks and triggers on the msft controller, i am switching to razor wolverine.

not matter how good it feels if a contoller doesnt control, its worthless.
  4. L2D- Win User

Elite series 2

Hey I have got an Elite Series 2 controller the day it was released and it's a really good controller in my opinion. The only thing that I have a problem with is the bumpers LB and RB. They move twice when pressed instead of once like it should. I try moving
    tabs on Xbox Home by pressing the bumpers and it goes to far right or left kind of annoying at times.

Other than that its a good controller the trigger stops are nice as well and the paddles are smaller than the Previous Elite Controller.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Elite bumpers

Hi

It is not possible to purchase bumpers for the elite controller directly from Microsoft, If the bumpers of your elite controller require replacing the controller would need to be sent to
    Microsoft repair centre for this.
  6. XBF Leslie D Win User

Elite controller right bumper xbox

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that. Now in regards to the information provided above you might want to check the Elite controller's warranty to see if you could set up a fulfillment for it. You could try to register the device and set this up on our website:
    www.support.microsoft.com/devices

If needing further assistance I would suggest to contact Live Support. As they have the tools to further assist in regards to registering the device and checking the warranty as well as setting up a fulfillment if the option is available.

The best way to reach Live Support would be here: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

It's going to ask if you want help from the virtual agent select
    no thanks,pick the category (Warranty, service & repair
    ) and just pick a contact method
    (request a call from support or Chat is faster).

Hope this helps
Thema:

Elite 2 Controller Right Bumper NOT WORKING!

1. Elite 2 Controller Right Bumper NOT WORKING! - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Right

2. XBox elite series 2 controller doesn't work right at all on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox elite series 2 controller doesn't work right at all on PC: Hello, I bought myself a controller for some games that are not ported well to PC and just for some fun. It has been nothing but sheer frustration. It does not work out of the box. It...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Right d-pad/left thumbstick issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Right d-pad/left thumbstick issue: My Elite Controller keeps inputting the right d-pad (or the right input on the left stick) which makes it impossible to navigate the UI and play games. How do I fix this issue? (my warranty ran...
  4. xbox elite controller left stick acts as right trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite controller left stick acts as right trigger: i’ve had my xbox elite controller for a while and i’ve never really had any problems, but now anytime i use the controller it’s like i’m holding down the right trigger all the time. when i play...
  5. XBOX Elite 2 Controller. Right Bumper issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite 2 Controller. Right Bumper issue: Hi, I'm having an issue with my controller, and I have been having difficulties on getting some kind of support (not sure how to). I put in a repair request for this, as my controller was out...
  6. My xbox one elite controller is having issues with the right joystick

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox one elite controller is having issues with the right joystick: Im not quite sure is this is the place to post this. If it's the wrong sub for this I'll delete the post. My right joystick doesn't look up/down when I push it up/down. It works fine when I push...
  7. Xbox Elite controller thumbstick doesn't work right

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite controller thumbstick doesn't work right: My xbox Elite controller series 1 has a small problem. When I pull the thumbstick to one direction and drop it, it makes a slight move to oposite direction. For example, if I pull the thumbstick...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right Tigger Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right Tigger Noise: All, I purchased an Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and have exchanged 2 times already in 3 weeks. My first was an issue with the A button however the most recent 2 are with the right trigger when...
  9. Xbox One Elite Controller: Right Stick Slow Vertical Movement

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Elite Controller: Right Stick Slow Vertical Movement: As the subject line shows, my Xbox one elite controller's right stick has slow vertical movement. Horizontally, it works totally fine. However, it moves slowly vertically. Sometimes it will move...
  10. Elite 2 controller right trigger sticking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller right trigger sticking: when I press down on the right trigger, it takes a lot more pressure to pull down than the left. I do not eat food while using this controller or anything so I know its not my fault. What can I do...