Elite Controller Rubber Grip - Coming Off Again

Discus and support Elite Controller Rubber Grip - Coming Off Again in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have spoken to customer support in the UK about a repeat issue with the rubber grips on my Elite Controller. It was returned under warranty,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TimLeonard2, Feb 14, 2019 at 1:39 PM.

1. TimLeonard2
    TimLeonard2 Guest

Hi,

I have spoken to customer support in the UK about a repeat issue with the rubber grips on my Elite Controller. It was returned under warranty, less than a year ago and now it has happened again.

Manufacturers are liable for design and manufacturing defects for up to 6 years in the UK. From the other identical complaints that other users have had, I believe that Microsoft is liable and I would like it replaced.

Customer Support are currently of the view that my device is outside of warranty, it is not and I do not wish to be given the 'run around', I would like a shipping label and my product to be repaired / replaced and returned.

Please can you advise me of how to proceed and escalate this matter?

Thank you very much for your help, I am grateful that you have read this far.

Kind regards,

Tim

:)

2. Meitzi Win User

Elite controller rubber grips coming off!! Again!

its out of warranty clearly.

warranty does not re-new if they replace controller.

xbox contollers are worst conrollers i have been in my life.
  3. loiosh87 Win User

Hello,

got a problem with elite controller.

Rubber grip goes out , also both bumpers are gone.

I bought it at september 2017 and got replaced (same problem) around april 2018.

Support at my country - Poland - dont want to send it to service since its out of warranty.

This controller was replaced by new less then 1 year ago. As we all know elites got a malfunction or a production fail.

I have to buy new elite controller ,because it fail every few months ?

I tried to make online service but it doesnt see my controller serial number - yell out to contact customer service which dont want to help at all.
  4. TimLeonard2 Win User

Hi,

Sorry about this bad experience… You have to call the Helpdesk and request the supervisor ( https://support.xbox.com/contact-us ) or write a compliant (email or letter) to
    the Microsoft office of your country.

Regards,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I am grateful. I will persevere with Helpdesk / Customer Support.

Kind regards,

Tim
  5. matthewiag Win User

Hello

Xbox only issues a 90 day warranty for there controllers.

I had the same issue with my elite. I found replacement grips over at ScufGaming they have lasted 2 years now.
  6. Wishcatcher Win User

Hi,

Sorry about this bad experience… You have to call the Helpdesk and request the supervisor ( https://support.xbox.com/contact-us ) or write a compliant (email or letter) to
    the Microsoft office of your country.

Regards,
Thema:

1. Elite Controller Rubber Grip - Coming Off Again - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Rubber

2. Elite Controller ( rubbers on the my controller falling off my remote )

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller ( rubbers on the my controller falling off my remote ): Hi bought an Elite controller almost 1 1/2 years ago to go with my Xbox one system. I tansfered it over to my Xbox One X since then and everything was great up until about 2 weeks ago when I...
  3. Xbox one Elite Controller grips - Rubber falling off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Elite Controller grips - Rubber falling off.: I'm posting this as new because through some searching I've found it to be a widespread issue. I've had my elite controller for a little more than three months and the right rubber grip has fallen...
  4. Elite controller rubber grips peeling off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller rubber grips peeling off: The rubber on my elite controller is coming away. Looked everywhere and I can't find anywhere that sells or has stock of the back cover and the side grips. :-( Happy to pay for the parts as it's...
  5. Rubber on Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rubber on Elite Controller: My Day One Elite controller has the rubber separating from the plastic on the hand holds. Seems like for the money I payed for this awesome accessory to my Xbox One (X), it shouldn't be coming...
  6. Elite controller rubber grips coming off!! Again!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller rubber grips coming off!! Again!: Hello everyone, I'll make this short and quick. I got brand new Elite controller on 16/12/2015. The rubber grips of this controller started coming off. And because it was still under warranty I...
  7. ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER GRIPS FALLING OFF

in XBoX on Consoles
    ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER GRIPS FALLING OFF: I've had my controller only for a few months and I noticed last night the rubber grips are falling off of the right hand side of the controller. Looked at it today and it's getting worse and I can...
  8. Elite Controller moves from alone, losing rubber, key broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller moves from alone, losing rubber, key broken: Hello. my contoller is broken and still in warranty. but im not able to register this controller alone and when i add the serial number than it allows me to order parts but not to send my broken...
  9. Rubber grips coming off my elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rubber grips coming off my elite controller: Mine Too! I'm so pissed. I pre ordered it. I knew it was extravagant. I'm not the guy who plays call of duty and needs an edge. I don't even change the button mapping. I mainly like the...
  10. Xbox one elite controller rubber grips coming off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one elite controller rubber grips coming off: i haave 2 elite controller and both are doing thoa the rubber grips have started coming off. The first lasted almost a year but this second has only lasted a few months....