Elite Controller Rubber Grips Are Falling Off.

Discus and support Elite Controller Rubber Grips Are Falling Off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My Elite Controller Rubber Grips Are Falling Off and I cannot get ahold of anyone via chat or phone support to figure out what needs to be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bzaufnoeon, Oct 16, 2020.

1. bzaufnoeon
    bzaufnoeon Guest

Hello,

My Elite Controller Rubber Grips Are Falling Off and I cannot get ahold of anyone via chat or phone support to figure out what needs to be done. I have had this controller since January 2019 and now the rubber pads on all the corners are peeling away?

Is this a defect that you are repairing?

Thank you.

:)

bzaufnoeon, Oct 16, 2020
  2. A Blue Illusion Win User

ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER GRIPS FALLING OFF

If you don't want to bother with MS support (I didn't, the warranty was well past on mine), you can find replacement grips for the Elite controller at Amazon. Just do a search for XB1 elite grips. They have custom ones and you can even find the standard
    replacement grips for about $10 U.S.

Doesn't sound like you've had much luck with yours, but mine lasted a good 1.5 years before the R grip started loosening. I game every. night. 5 hours is the lesser of my sessions, they're usually longer. Add that up and my controller easily had close to
    3k hours of play time before the grip started giving. If I had no choice but to buy a whole new controller, I may not be so forgiving... but since I didn't... and considering how much handling those grips tolerated, I can live with a $10 repair.
  3. Thy Death Win User

ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER GRIPS FALLING OFF

I had the same issue, unfortunately it was with the super limited Gears of War edition elite controller, so there was nothing they could do about it because I would have to send it in for the black standard version.

Only options you have is try to re glue them on, but it won't matter long as the rubber strenches and won't fit at all. Mine is a mess. Or, you can call customer support and they will make a ticket for you to send it in to get a replacement one, at least
    that's what my only option was.

But no way was I going to send in my limited GoW one just to have them throw it away. It's disappointing for sure.
  4. SoulCrazy J Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller Opinions

yea that's a nice controller and all but what they don't tell you is that the rubber grip on the controller starts to come unglued and falls off after a while. and when you want to send it in to get it fixed, they wont let you do it. that's how they get
    you with the extra 50 bucks. if they knew that the rubber grip was going to fall off after a while they should only charge 100 or fix the design flaw.
  5. Tormaz Win User

Xbox one white Elite controller

Hello!

If it's an elite controller it should have the rubber grip on the back of the controller body.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Elite Controller Going Bad

The rubber part peeling off seems to be a common problem. :( I've seen 2 Elite's where the rubber came completely off and just fell off the controller within a few months. I got a regular controller through the Xbox Design Labs and have had it for years
    and it still works perfect (no rubber grips or anything on it).
Thema:

1. Elite Controller Rubber Grips Are Falling Off. - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Rubber

2. Xbox Elite Controller series 1 issues rubber grip and USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 1 issues rubber grip and USB: Hi, I've had my series one controller for about 2 or so years now and I noticed that it had started to not only fall apart, but the micro USB port on the controller suddenly stopped working...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Replacement rubber part

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Replacement rubber part: Does anyone know where I can find a replacement rubber piece for my Series 2 controller? It's a tiny rubber nub that fell off, which has now exposed a sharp piece of plastic underneath that stabs...
  4. Has Elite 2 controller solved the problem of rubber hand grips peeling off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has Elite 2 controller solved the problem of rubber hand grips peeling off?: I have lost count of the number of times I have replaced my Elite 1 via Best Buy warranty for this problem. Pretty sad for a controller that costs almost $200. ae035936-411e-4428-85dd-58ba4371e984
  5. Stick drift and thumbstick rubber wearing off on xbox elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stick drift and thumbstick rubber wearing off on xbox elite controller: I would like a repair/replacement for my xbox one elite controller because the left stick is drifting. I can't contact microsoft support because the AI is really messed up, so I ask for help...
  6. Elite controller,rubber grips came off again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller,rubber grips came off again: Hi, I own the elite controller . For second time the grips unglued again . The first time you replace my controller but now it's impossible to speak with someone here in support. Whatever I choose...
  7. my elite controller is out of warranty but the rubber grips keep falling off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my elite controller is out of warranty but the rubber grips keep falling off: my elite controller is out of warranty but the rubber grips keep falling off its relly poor considering the amount of money paid for this! not a happy xbox one user who has spent hundreds and...
  8. Elite Controller Rubber Grip - Coming Off Again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Rubber Grip - Coming Off Again: Hi, I have spoken to customer support in the UK about a repeat issue with the rubber grips on my Elite Controller. It was returned under warranty, less than a year ago and now it has happened...
  9. Elite Controller ( rubbers on the my controller falling off my remote )

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller ( rubbers on the my controller falling off my remote ): Hi bought an Elite controller almost 1 1/2 years ago to go with my Xbox one system. I tansfered it over to my Xbox One X since then and everything was great up until about 2 weeks ago when I...
  10. Xbox one Elite Controller grips - Rubber falling off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Elite Controller grips - Rubber falling off.: I'm posting this as new because through some searching I've found it to be a widespread issue. I've had my elite controller for a little more than three months and the right rubber grip has fallen...