Elite controller series 2 profile indicator light issue

Discus and support Elite controller series 2 profile indicator light issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My elite controller 2 has a problem with the profile indicator lights. In profile 1 the top light is on. In profile 2 the top light is also on. And in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KEVINPRICE21, Nov 8, 2019.

1. KEVINPRICE21
    KEVINPRICE21 Guest

My elite controller 2 has a problem with the profile indicator lights. In profile 1 the top light is on. In profile 2 the top light is also on. And in profile 3 the top and bottom lights are both on. In the profile off setting all lights are off. It seems
    to be an issue with the top light but being able to shut off and the middle light but turning on. The profiles change just fine, it's only an issue with the indicator lights. I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue. Here is a picture of it on
    seeing 3...

Elite controller series 2 profile indicator light issue [​IMG]

I have done a update on the controller software and a hard reset if both the controller and the Xbox. Any ideas?

:)

KEVINPRICE21, Nov 8, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. I haven't seen any other report of people having this same issue. If it is software related, then it could fix itself over time with future updates. However, if this is something hardware related than you could
    end up waiting past the point of not being able to replace the controller.

If you recently bought this at a retailer, id recommend getting it replaced through them just to be sure. Otherwise, this controller comes with the 1 year manufacturer warranty through Xbox and Microsoft. you always have the option of

setting up a replacement through Xbox
  3. Yombi Win User

Xbox controller update. Sentence!

No the only controller that has a dimmer light is the elite series 2.
  4. Big Dawg Mills Win User

Xbox controller update. Sentence!

No the only controller that has a dimmer light is the elite series 2. You can always use a piece of electrical tape to cover the light.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Series 2 Elite Controllers in other Countries?

Thema:

1. Elite controller series 2 profile indicator light issue - Similar Threads - Elite controller series

2. Xbox Elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller: Hi, So I was looking for some help with my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. First I would like to state that this is the second series two controller I have had problems with. I am having the...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: I bought this controller in June and it is still under warranty. One paddle and one bumper only work half the time. When I enter my serial number on the warranty website, it comes up as still...
  4. Elite controller series 2 trigger throw selection toggle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller series 2 trigger throw selection toggle: One of the small rubber covers on one of my trigger throw selection levers on the bottom of my elite series 2 fell off and i cannot find it. Im happy to pay for a replacement but cannot figure out...
  5. My XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER SERIES 2 is no longer working appropriately, and is in need of repair.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER SERIES 2 is no longer working appropriately, and is in need of repair.: As subject states. My controller is no longer consistently accepting inputs, particularly from the "LB" button. I had started to notice over a month ago that occasionally the face buttons (ABXY)...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Rb Double Click

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Rb Double Click: I got this elite controller off a friend brand new for cheap no problems and two months into having the controller rb button starts to double input and is very annoying and i wish there was a way...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Hardware issues - Part 2 - Why is Microsoft not addressing...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Hardware issues - Part 2 - Why is Microsoft not addressing...: Hi (1) This is the continuation of the original thread: Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Hardware issues...
  8. Faulty left trigger on Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Faulty left trigger on Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller: I was wondering what options I have with a faulty controller. I am a PC gamer exclusively, and I have the Xbox One Elite Series 2 controller. A few days ago the left trigger started to give some...
  9. Elite Series 2 Controller Repair Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller Repair Time: Does anybody know how long repairs are taking for the elite series 2 controller? Microsoft has had mine for about a month now and I still haven’t gotten any updates that they have started working...
  10. Xbox one elite controller series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one elite controller series 2: This has been by far the worst experince ive had with xbox and has tempted me to switch over to playstaion. I bought the elite series 2 controller and had to return it because the left bumper...