Elite Controller Support Outside of Warranty

Discus and support Elite Controller Support Outside of Warranty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys. I became interested/intrigued by the Xbox Elite line of controllers a couple of years ago when I heard one of my favorite video game reviewers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DranCon2021, Jan 14, 2021.

1. DranCon2021
    DranCon2021 Guest

Hi guys. I became interested/intrigued by the Xbox Elite line of controllers a couple of years ago when I heard one of my favorite video game reviewers lavish the product line with praise, boasting that (as a professional game reviewer) he had logged 1000+
    hours on his Elite Series 1 controller and praising the general durability, quality and longevity of the parts used by Microsoft. Essentially, the reviewer implied that this was (almost literally) the controller of a lifetime.

Still, being somewhat skeptical and frugal, I eventually ended up getting both Series 1 & 2 Elite controllers secondhand. Unfortunately, I had to return the Series 2 to the secondhand shop where I purchased it, because it had a faulty A button (likely factory
    defective--would not register presses from odd angles other than 90 degrees) and the left stick had already developed drift issues (probably due to excessive/improper use of the previous owner).

My Series 1 controller, on the other hand, I have been incredibly happy with, and it has no noticeable mechanical issues, except for the fact that it eventually developed the (apparently quite common) issue where the rear textured grips have begun to bubble.
    And now I am left with the prospect of dealing with the bubble (which I have better secured with a bit of super glue) or buying the non-Microsoft replacement grips available on sites like Amazon for around $20. I am tempted to buy a set from Amazon, as the
    reviews are reasonably positive, but that being said, I would not hesitate to buy an official set from Microsoft for a similar price, and I would do so with much more confidence.

As a burgeoning Ultimate Xbox Fanboy (haha), I guess I just want to ask if it would be possible to consider offering official replacement parts in the future? Or a repair program (obviously for money $$ since out of warranty) to maintain these ostensibly
    wonderful and long-lasting controllers? I know these controllers are marketed as long-lasting and durable, so offering spare parts for them may seem like an admission of defeat to the consumer. However, I think leaving those of us in the cold who just happen
    to be outside of warranty or who were not wealthy enough to pay full price for these "near-legendary" controllers, does just as much damage to the Xbox "seal of quality" and brand as admitting that there are occasionally problems that need addressing with
    even these, the most rugged of all controllers.

As it stands now, I find it very difficult to recommend this product line to other game/Xbox enthusiasts, and more often than not, I find myself reaching for a standard (non-Elite) Xbox One controller. Thanks for reading this long post.

Love to all the other burgeoning Xbox fanboys and all you guys and gals that work to make Xbox great.

-D

:)

DranCon2021, Jan 14, 2021
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

Controller

Hello there,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to your 2 in 1 question, all accessories/controllers have a 90 day warranty, unless it's the Design Lab controller which has 120 days of warranty or the Elite controller which has a full year of warranty.
    If the controller is inside the 90 day warranty we will be able to replace the controller for you, however if it is outside the 90 warranty we will not be able to replace the controller for you. We do not have a pay option for outside of warranty controllers,
    if the controller is outside of the warranty, you will need to seek out a replacement controller.

Just to clarify, what kind of "methods" have you tried when attempting to resolve the issue on your side? Have you tried to update the controller? Plug the controller in with a USB cable, then plug in the headset to see if it will work?

Please reply back letting us know to see if we can properly assist you with this issue. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  3. {Parity} Win User

CONTROLLER DOWN

There are no repair options for controllers that are outside the warranty period. If they are in warranty then you will need to contact
    Xbox Support for assistance.
  4. choppyseize Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Warranty Extension - Canada

Elite controllers come with a limited 90 day warranty like the regular ones do. You can send it in once for repair within the year though if you call support directly. I'm not aware of any extended warranty options in Canada outside of this one here
  5. Cruz Vento Win User

Pre order for elite 2 controller

Hello there,

When it comes to the Elite Controller, unlike the other controllers and accessories, it has a year warranty. If you Contact Xbox Support or go to the account.microsoft.com/devices website you can set up a replacement order for your Elite Controller since
    its still within the year warranty.
  6. Mister Cizl Win User

Analogue Stick direction on Elite Controllers not registering outer limits on certain directions.

Hey Flipsy! I just checked and am not having the same issue on my Elite Controller, I would suggest taking the new controller back to the retailer for a replacement. If you are outside of the retail return policy you can have it repaired under the manufacturers
    warranty by contacting support
    here
    . Thanks!
Thema:

1. Elite Controller Support Outside of Warranty - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Support

2. XBOX Elite Controller 2 - Customer Support Disaster

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Controller 2 - Customer Support Disaster: I returned my xbox elite controller 2 back to be repaired as the bumpers were double clicking on one input. Once it was returned back to me I checked my bumpers to see if they were fixed. After...
  3. Getting support of Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting support of Elite Series 2 controller: For the life of me I cannot seem to get support for this controller. I have the stick drift issue that is well documented. I have had the issue since August but was not playing much and a bunch of...
  4. Getting support of Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting support of Elite Series 2 controller: For the life of me I cannot seem to get support for this controller. I have the stick drift issue that is well documented. I have had the issue since August but was not playing much and a bunch of...
  5. Elite Series 2 Controller Support or lack thereof?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller Support or lack thereof?: Has anyone had any luck contacting support on this product? There contact button basically says there is no way to speak to someone regarding this product. I paid nearly $200 for a controller and...
  6. Support issues for xbox elite controller series 2 (phantom inputs when using controller)

in XBoX on Windows
    Support issues for xbox elite controller series 2 (phantom inputs when using controller): Hello, I'm trying to reach a customer support representative. I've been directed to the phone callback system several times but when I receive the call back, the agent has continually repeated...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 tech support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 tech support: Does Anyone Know who i can get my Elite Controller series 2 fixed, as Microsoft has officially stated "We’ve received claims that a small percentage of our customers are experiencing mechanical...
  8. XBox Support page doesn't recognize my Elite Series One controller Serial

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Support page doesn't recognize my Elite Series One controller Serial: Yes, I know where the number is located. Of course this marvelous piece of engineering has controller drift and I want to arrange getting it repaired. How. 3116ab72-f4c2-4b6f-b325-3c92458b03f5
  9. Xbox support is failing me (Elite Series 2 Controller Issues)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox support is failing me (Elite Series 2 Controller Issues): I have been trying to reach the support team for over a week now!! The chat feature does not work and I have not gotten a call back. I got my controller back from service and it worked okay for...
  10. How can I get support for issues with my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get support for issues with my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller?: I first started with the virtual assistant, which bugged out every time it asked me to sign in. So I looked at the support page, which doesn’t recognize my serial number when I try to put it in....