Elite series 1 controller Rubber NOT failing

Discus and support Elite series 1 controller Rubber NOT failing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK, so I got a second-hand Elite Series 1 that does not have any rubber issues so I guess the question is, what steps can I take to prevent this issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GoldAirplane, May 9, 2022.

1. GoldAirplane
    GoldAirplane Guest

OK, so I got a second-hand Elite Series 1 that does not have any rubber issues so I guess the question is, what steps can I take to prevent this issue in the first place?

so far I have added a silicone sleeve/cover and I try like hell not to grip it like i am strangling the mother in law!

my logic is that hot sweaty hands cause this issue in the first place and keeping it as cool as possible will help.

thoughts and experiences welcome

:)

GoldAirplane, May 9, 2022
  2. IKEVOI 71 Win User

Xbox elite series 2 problems

I have had both the elite controller and also the elite series 2.

Issues with both are quite bad considering the cost of the things. The elite series 2 controller has left stick wandering issues, the a button is sometimes non responsive, the bumpers sound really tacky and the rubber comes away from the plastic body where
    you grip.

I have gone through 3 elite series controllers (thankfully Game exchanged them each time) and am on the fourth now and it has the exact same issues as the other three, with the acception of the rubber coming away, not had it long enough for that.

To sum up, I am very unhappy with the controller, so much so I am at the moment using an elite series one that has had all the rubber removed, its a bit uncomfortable but this said controller has no other issues.

Hope this helped.
  3. darrenmonk Win User

Elite controller grip fix

I have 2 elite controllers myself and out of warranty but both controllers have the grips and underside of the rubber coming off .

Question the new xbox 1 elite controller 2s are coming out in november here in the Uk but what proof do i have that the rubber is not going to start peeling of theses because if i order 2 that's £320 when the rubber starts coming off which isn't good at
    all for the price i might as well be paying for 2 scuf controllers . Is xbox giving any of us elite 1 uses a discount for buying elite 2s ? because owning the elite 1s where the rubber comes of in less than 12 months is not good and puts me off buying the
    new ones when they do come out .
  4. xSIN1134x Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1 Grips Falling off

Try looking at these. I just had to replace my bumper and saw they sold these.

https://www.amazon.com/eXtremeRate-Rubberized-Replacement-Faceplates-Xbox-One/dp/B01M0Q0QI8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3G4456W0HIFTH&dchild=1&keywords=xbox+elite+controller+rubber+replacement+grips&qid=1600820570&sprefix=xbox+elit+controller+ru%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyU0kyU0U5TElQTE05JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzI2MjIxMzZTUE1IMFE4Tkg0NCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjIxMjU0M0JEWkdONFpCUkVGNSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
  5. Snake Eyes 5 Win User

What controller you use?

Elite series 1 controller.
  6. Snake Eyes 5 Win User

What controller you use?

Elite series 1 controller.
Thema:

1. Elite series 1 controller Rubber NOT failing - Similar Threads - Elite series controller

2. Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: The Elite Series 2 has an interesting feature that allows a paddle button to be remapped to act like a shift key. This feature tells us a bit about the hardware itself. (A) The hardware is capable...
  3. Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: The Elite Series 2 has an interesting feature that allows a paddle button to be remapped to act like a shift key. This feature tells us a bit about the hardware itself. (A) The hardware is capable...
  4. Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...: Issue: Elite Series 2 controller LT/RT are not detected in Hitman 3 game from Game Pass Details: I've seen the posts and solutions around this on PC with the Epic Games Store and Steam,...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Not really sure where to go about posting something like this, so apologies if this isn't correct. Almost two months ago I bought an Elite Series 2 controller from the Microsoft website...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X: Has anybody else had an issue with their elite controllers being laggy at certain points? I’ve played Rainbow Six Siege for years now and about 2/3months ago, it started to be really laggy at the...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Broken Again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Broken Again.: Hi, My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 had to be sent off to be repaired/replaced at the end of 2021 for bumper issues. Five months later and the same issue has happened again but I now...
  8. Elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller: So probably something that everyone that owns this controller have gone through, but I had stick drift on my left thumbstick and right bumper issues. My controller fell out of warranty so I paid...
  9. Elite series 2 controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite series 2 controller: My Elite series 2 controllers left joystick is drifting without being prompted to do so. What is the fix? It’s less than 6 months old 9fbf4259-515b-4254-915a-01b49e82248c
  10. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 lagging PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 lagging PC: Hi, I'm having problems with the Elite controller series 2 lagging my PC for example in Elden Ring and even in light games like Brawhalla. It all started when I tried to cast to my Nvidia Shield...