ELITE Series 1 does not work with battery power

Discus and support ELITE Series 1 does not work with battery power in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use a rechargable battery pack with my Elite controller. Recently the controller will not turn on with battery pack. When replaced with fresh... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NICKBROWNIE, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:22 AM.

1. NICKBROWNIE
    NICKBROWNIE Guest

I use a rechargable battery pack with my Elite controller. Recently the controller will not turn on with battery pack. When replaced with fresh batteries, controller doesn’t turn on. Battery pack and fresh batteries work in other Xbox wireless controller.
    Elite controller only turns on and works when plugged in with recharging cable. Why will it only work when plugged in with charging cable?

:)

2. Nasir090 Win User

Xbox one controller and headset disconnecting.

My controller doesn't take batteries it's the elite series 2 it has a built in rechargeable battery pack
  3. dempup Win User

Xbox One x doesn't work with Windows 10 bluetooth

Hey DavideSisi.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. First make sure you have a controller supporting Bluetooth (Model nr. can be found in the battery compartment).

Not supporting BT: 1537, 1697 and 1698 (Elite Series 1).

Supporting BT: 1708 and Elite Series 2.

Are you able to connect through USB ?
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Power consumtion with Xbox controller

Yes, there will. If it's connected via wire, it's going to draw power from the USB instead of the battery when it's on Bluetooth. If you open the battery compartment of the controller (or on the back of the controller in the event of an Elite Series)
    it will show the power draw. I'm looking at a Project Scorpio edition controller and it says 5v -- 480mA. So there will be a 5v ~ 480mA difference in power consumption when connected via USB opposed to bluetooth; but then again, I'm no electrician.
  5. fus10n75 Win User

Elite controller no longer works with chat pad unless power cable is inserted.

Its the Elite controller. I've just tried an audio adapter and that only works if the power cable is connected no matter what battery charged or not.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series x controller question

Hi,

I u understand that the Series X controller will be using a USB C connector to charge the battery (same as the Elite 2 controller), so charging stations that use micro USB won't work.
Thema:

1. ELITE Series 1 does not work with battery power - Similar Threads - ELITE Series does

2. Received my third Xbox Elite 2 Series controller - Buttons double click

in XBoX Accessibility
    Received my third Xbox Elite 2 Series controller - Buttons double click: Hello. I'm quite frustrated as I just received my third Xbox Elite 2 series controller, that as you know is considered a premium control with a hefty price tag. The problem with this one, as all...
  3. Extended warranty elite controller series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extended warranty elite controller series 2: Hi I am looking to buy the extended warranty for the elite series 2 controller but I can't find where I can purchase it? 009046af-5e23-4bf7-aa8d-2f30d6b11fb7
  4. Why does Xbox recommend charging your elite series 2 controller from an Xbox console or PC...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox recommend charging your elite series 2 controller from an Xbox console or PC...: Does charging from a wall shorten its batter capacity? I don't know much about tech. 3a540774-4fc4-45c3-9920-36c3aee612dd
  5. My Xbox Elite Series 2 does not connect with cable to my pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox Elite Series 2 does not connect with cable to my pc.: Hi there, so I just bought the controller and connected it to the pc and it worked for 2minutes with the cable and then it suddenly turned off. There is no chance to get any sign of energy in the...
  6. does xbox elite controller series 2 work with adapter?

in XBoX on Windows
    does xbox elite controller series 2 work with adapter?: I encountered connection issue with bluetooth on PC so i wonder if i can use an adapter instead to get more stable wireless connection? 3c524d85-dad6-4fad-896f-78d63a7ced78
  7. ¿Cuánto tardan en reparar un control xbox elite series 2?[How long does it take to repair...

in XBoX on Windows
    ¿Cuánto tardan en reparar un control xbox elite series 2?[How long does it take to repair...: Hace 3 semanas que ya llegó al centro de servicio pero no me han dado respuesta o dado alguna actualización con mi control. [Translation-It has been 3 weeks since it arrived at the service center...
  8. Does Microsoft Complete warranty cover stick drift for the Elite series 2?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Microsoft Complete warranty cover stick drift for the Elite series 2?: Hello, I'm looking to buy a controller elite series 2 but I can't get it from bestbuy in my country so I thought about trying to buy it from the microsoft store with the 3 year warranty....
  9. Why does the Xbox wireless elite series 2 controller not have a removable battery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox wireless elite series 2 controller not have a removable battery?: I am trying to figure out why the elite series 2 controller for the xbox doesn't have removable batteries. I enjoy being able to just change my battery pack to basically have a full charge without...
  10. xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?: hello, I recently bought an Xbox elite controller series 2. In the Xbox app, on the right or left thumbstick, there is a feature called thumbstick calculations. On the original Xbox Elite...