Elite series 2 A button

Discus and support Elite series 2 A button in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and since then i have been having issues with the A button. one second it would work and the next i press it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jagwar34, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Jagwar34
    Jagwar34 Guest

Elite series 2 A button

I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and since then i have been having issues with the A button. one second it would work and the next i press it again and then it wont respond. Anyone have a fix or know what i should do Please respond

:)

Jagwar34, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Niko1664 Win User

Xbox elite series 2 with design flaw?

Had an Xbox Elite 1 for many years (but dead now...), don't own an Series 2 but never really see what reals benefits i have personnaly to find with the Series 2. Only things i want was "screenshot" dedicated button (on main Series X controller) or "Rapid
    Fire" button (not on Elite series)... so .
  3. {Parity} Win User

Elite series 2 A button

Try performing a hard reset by pressing the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts off completely. Then unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
  4. Hoobacious Win User

Elite series 2 A button

There appears to be a manufacturing defect, I have had 4 controllers with this and now I'm just processing the refund and saying gg. I believe the cut-out hole in the faceplace of the controller is too loose, letting the button wiggle around too much.

It's majorly disappointing, especially at this price. Can't believe I actually went through 4 before giving up.
  5. MommaBoston Win User

What controller you use?

We Use regular Controller, Elite and the Elite Series 2...My favorite is the Elite Series 2
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
Thema:

Elite series 2 A button

1. Elite series 2 A button - Similar Threads - Elite series button

2. Elite series 2 controller button unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller button unresponsive: I have had the new series 2 controller for 8 Weeks now and have been pleased with it, however the right button has become unresponsive, sometimes working and sometimes needing to really press down...
  3. Bought a elite controller series 2 in the UK, found out it had unresponsive A / B buttons,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a elite controller series 2 in the UK, found out it had unresponsive A / B buttons,...: Hi there, In bit of a situation here, the following: Bought an elite series 2 controller in the (wonderful!) UK flagship store in London Went home, all excited Started playing and found the A...
  4. New Xbox elite controller series 2 faulty A button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox elite controller series 2 faulty A button.: My brand new elite 2 controller has a problem with the A button. It doesn't always register as a button press. Have updated firmware. This issue is persistent within all games. I am based in the...
  5. New elite series 2 controller xbox button fails to work after5 tries but then wakes up, now...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller xbox button fails to work after5 tries but then wakes up, now...: So why does new hardware tested millions of times just fails on buttons, ? 5f9ef4e1-d984-411b-899e-650518dcec9b
  6. Elite series 2 buttons not responding fresh out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 buttons not responding fresh out of the box: Received a brand new elite series 2 today. Fresh out of the box, the Y button responds less than 50% of the time. If performing other actions simultaneously such as movement or jumping, the button...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Button A unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Button A unresponsive: Hi I just bought an elite controller series 2 and the A button registers half the times i press it. I live in Greece and purchased from big retail store. what i m supposed to do. I want a...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 button registration issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox elite series 2 button registration issue: I was told to post this here from a moderator on r/Microsoft. I am having problem with my elite series 2 controller where some of the buttons, particularly a and y, are not always registering. I...
  9. elite series 2 a button problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite series 2 a button problems: i was wondering if there is problems with this controller in general as i had one i took back as the a was unresponsive when i pressed it i got given another and it had the exact same problem so...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller buttons partially functioning when moving left thumbstick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller buttons partially functioning when moving left thumbstick: Hey, so myself and a friend have noticed something with the Elite Series 2 controllers. When you move the left thumbstick to the left and try to push the Y button (either the actual button or the...