Elite Series 2 on PC with no bluetooth/wireless adapter

Discus and support Elite Series 2 on PC with no bluetooth/wireless adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I thought I would buy the Elite Series 2 controller as it looked like a great controller. IT IS NOT. I have been troubleshooting this damn thing all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bjonesXCV, Nov 26, 2021.

1. bjonesXCV
    bjonesXCV Guest

So I thought I would buy the Elite Series 2 controller as it looked like a great controller. IT IS NOT. I have been troubleshooting this damn thing all day when the instructions provided owith it simply say to plug it into your pc via usb-c cable LMAO! If only it were that easy. I have spoken to multiple agents today all were pretty much useless telling me to update windows and updated the xbox accessories app. I am mind-boggled as to how Microsoft can't get this controller to work on PC there are several forums with this similar issue and no sound resolution. So what i have tried:

-updated windows to latest version

-updated apps through microsoft store

-went to friends house who owns xbox to update controller

-multiple usb-c cables

-downloaded basic xbox one controller usb drivers

-reinstalled drivers through devmgmnt

HOW IS A CONTROLLER THIS HARD TO GET FUNCTIONAL ON PC WHEN IT SAYS IT IS SUPPORTED. REALLY CONSIDERING PLAYSTATION AT THIS POINT THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

Are there any specific KB updates for windows I need installed? can you provide me a link to the driver for this controller? Can you help at all besides telling me to do everything i have already done or is this controller just a piece of garbage?

Thanks in advance

:)

bjonesXCV, Nov 26, 2021
  2. annix Win User

Question about Xbox Elite 2 and wireless adapters on PC

The Xbox wireless adapter uses the proprietary wireless radio technology built in to the Xbox controllers rather than bluetooth, which is in theory a higher performance wireless standard. If you already have a bluetooth receiver in your PC, then you don't
    need to purchase the adapter and can just sync the controller using bluetooth. Alternatively, you can connect the controller using the included USB C to USB A cable that comes with the Elite Series 2. Whether you use the bluetooth radio, or Xbox wireless adapter,
    you can absolutely sync multiple controllers to your pc via a single receiver.
  3. SamQY Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

This controller does not support xCloud. These are the controllers you can use.

Official Xbox controllers

Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 (USB connection only)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Adaptive Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)
  4. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Are Xbox Wireless Controller user remap profiles supported when connecting to Windows 10 PC via bluetooth? Works fine when USB

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Customizing user profiles on a Windows 10 PC is not supported via Bluetooth. Any Bluetooth capable Xbox One controllers will need to be plugged in via USB-C or through the Xbox Wireless Adapter if you want to customize and use custom profiles. The Xbox Accessories
    app will not detect your controller over Bluetooth connection.

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Things to keep in mind:

• The Xbox Accessories app is only available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
    • To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless
      Controller Series 2 and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

I hope this helps!
  6. Panno92 Win User

Greetings.

Thema:

1. Elite Series 2 on PC with no bluetooth/wireless adapter - Similar Threads - Elite Series bluetooth

2. XBOX Elite series 2 Disconnecting from PC bluetooth upon vibrating ingame (Only when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Elite series 2 Disconnecting from PC bluetooth upon vibrating ingame (Only when...: Same as this post from 2 years ago. Problem is still present. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-elite-series-2-disconnecting-from-pc/7e5a964a-16cc-4e83-8dec-aa8c858b875c...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 turns off while on Bluetooth (PC \ Windows 10)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 turns off while on Bluetooth (PC \ Windows 10): I got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controllers maybe 1 or 2 weeks ago, and I love the controller, it's very nice. Problem is that it started happening that while connected via Bluetooth, it can turn...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Bluetooth Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Bluetooth Connection Issues: I just recently got a Elite Series 2 Controller and was looking forward to using it wirelessly with my PC running Windows 11. I am able to connect it fine over bluetooth but once i get into a game...
  5. Xbox Controller Elite Series 2 PC Bluetooth Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Elite Series 2 PC Bluetooth Issues: Hi, I just bought a new controller to play on Windows 10. However, after connecting it, updating firmware, and getting all Windows updates it is making my games freeze and stutter, while the...
  6. Multiple Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues - PC Bluetooth Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues - PC Bluetooth Mode: I’m having several issues with my Series 2 controller, especially while connected through Bluetooth. Running current version of Windows 11 with updated controller firmware. All drivers up to...
  7. XBOX Elite Series 2 won't connect via bluetooth to PC after unplugging USB cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Series 2 won't connect via bluetooth to PC after unplugging USB cable: Is there any way to fix this issue? The only way to configure the button mapping to fix the "A button also brings up game bar" issue is to plug it in, but if I unplug the controller, it can not...
  8. Xbox Elite series 2 controller doesnt connect to bluetooth once the controller turns off it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller doesnt connect to bluetooth once the controller turns off it...: Hello my contoller never connects to my Pc even i paired him to my pc. If i delete the profile of my controller out of bluetooth then i can re pair and it works - once i turn off the controller or...
  9. XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller PC Will Not Work Via USB Cable (Works Fine Via Bluetooth)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller PC Will Not Work Via USB Cable (Works Fine Via Bluetooth): I purchased an XBOX Elite Series 2 controller, new, about 2 months ago. The controller communicates with the PC via Bluetooth. But I prefer to play wired for direct input, lower lag, and to avoid...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller doesn't report paddles via Bluetooth with 5.11-5.13 firmware...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller doesn't report paddles via Bluetooth with 5.11-5.13 firmware...: Hello! We are checking each new firmware version, but since it appeared for the Insiders, there is no way to detect and use paddles as separate controls for Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...