Elite Series 2 Shift Function.

Discus and support Elite Series 2 Shift Function. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Maybe I don't quite understand it, but what exactly is the purpose of the shift function. I see that you can hit the shift button and change your X... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Deaner88, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Deaner88
    Deaner88 Guest

Maybe I don't quite understand it, but what exactly is the purpose of the shift function. I see that you can hit the shift button and change your X into Y. Wasn't that already a thing with the old Elite controller? Your paddles could be any other button.

I assumed with the addition of a shift function we would have more options similar to hot keys. For example, on Sea of Thieves you don't have many buttons left over to use to pull out equipment. My thought was this would give up 3 additional buttons.

Am I missing something or does the added shift function seem like a bunch of fluff for a $200 controller.

:)

Deaner88, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Deaner88 Win User

A chat pad? The one you stick into the bottom of your controller? You can use it for hotkeys?
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User
  4. McDaddyTree Win User

I think it's uses could be good for some but I have a chatpad so I'll stick to my paddles being the face buttons.
  5. LegoNinja187 Win User

I'm not 100% sure on this, as I haven't actually tried it my self yet, but perhaps you can set up multiple buttons to use the shift feature, so for example, whilst holding the 'Shift key' the direction buttons on the 'D-Pad' act as 'A', 'B', 'X', and 'Y'
    or what ever you choose, again I haven't checked this my self.
  6. Dageto Kraft Win User

whenever I see complaints of this control I remember the iphone forums XD
Thema:

1. Elite Series 2 Shift Function. - Similar Threads - Elite Series Shift

2. Xbox one elite series 2 issues straight out the box!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one elite series 2 issues straight out the box!: My elite series 2 is about 1 week old now and i just cant ignore the issues anymore. Ever simce i bought this ive noticed the face buttons felt really odd compared to other controllers. Its like A...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller - Configure app on PC - Can't Configure

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Series 2 Controller - Configure app on PC - Can't Configure: I've got the app running - Windows 10 is up to date, the firmware on the controller has been updated. The controller is connected via USB. There is no way to actually configure any of the...
  4. Xbox Elite series 1 grips coming off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 1 grips coming off.: [img] I have had this controller for around 3 years. The right grip is starting to peel, I purchased this at Best Buy and did get the warranty. I am unable to send this in for service it seems /:...
  5. Elite controller series 2 trigger problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller series 2 trigger problems: Ive had my elite controller 2 for just shy of a week now and I'm already having problems. The controller has started rattling, there are no obvious signs as to how this happened as I have not...
  6. XBox elite series 2 question

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox elite series 2 question: Hey, I bought a xbox elite series 2 controller but i find i cant set up on my comptuer. the set up button is always gray and i cant clik it. all my systems are updated already and my account is...
  7. Xbox One Controller Elite Series 2, trigger-stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Controller Elite Series 2, trigger-stops: With the first gen elite controller if you "activated" the trigger-stop switch on a trigger, after let's say 50% of the path there was no more input. But with the second gen elite controller, it...
  8. Elite controller series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller series 2: Hi, last week I purchased an Elite Series 2 controller and one of the rear paddles is very temperamental. Sometimes it registers the button press, but most of the time it doesn’t. It also sounds...
  9. Xbox Elite Serie 1 can´t pair mobile with Android 9 (Bluetooth)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Elite Serie 1 can´t pair mobile with Android 9 (Bluetooth): Buen día! Mi duda surge al querer emparejar mis distintos mandos de XBOX a un celular ANDROID version 9 mediante Bluetooth. Todos los mandos actualizados y funcionando correctamente Control de...
  10. How do I register my Xbox elite controller series 1 for repair if I do not own an Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I register my Xbox elite controller series 1 for repair if I do not own an Xbox?: The only way i know to register the device for repair is to register an xbox. Help please. 8fa32707-77e5-40e5-a625-2375a1a0a526