Elite v2 controller just shocked me

Discus and support Elite v2 controller just shocked me in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I went to set down my controller that was currently charging with the play and charge it came with while getting up off the couch, and I received 2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WillToDie1, Apr 1, 2020.

1. WillToDie1
    WillToDie1 Guest

So I went to set down my controller that was currently charging with the play and charge it came with while getting up off the couch, and I received 2 distinct shocks from it!

I'm a bit of a dumb electrician so I tried to troubleshoot it myself to see if there was a clear fault or if it was weird timing on a simple static shock and came up with nothing.

I'm not overly worried and plan on continuing to use it tonight but nonetheless whenever an electrical device shocks me I figure it's a good idea to make sure it isn't a trend I need to be worried about.

:)

WillToDie1, Apr 1, 2020
  2. JonH1865
    JonH1865 New Member
    Mine is doing it now too, had the controller for 8 months now with no issues, but every time it is plugged in now the paddles are constantly electrified. Super annoying, Also I really hate reading when someone posts that opening your electronics voids your warranty. That is simply not true, I know that companies use stickers that say warranty void if removed but those are just scare tactics it's actually not legal. However don't just take my word for it look it up the case is 1975 Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. I really really hate when ignorant people try to tell you that it will void your warranty. They are either ignorant an don't know about this or they are outright lying to you.

JonH1865, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Wadski Win User

Since there is no large conductive surface on the controller (really nothing other than the charging point) and at the time the controller was earthed via the charging cable, Im going to suggest this was static electricity.

The controller is powered by a very small voltage and wouldn't be enough to shock you. If it was mains power then it would be large enough to give you enough of a jolt for you to know it was mains.

In terms of the controller and the charging, there is very little inbetwee m
  4. WillToDie1 Win User

I didn't open it... I uh... tried to see if I could trigger it again.

And no it has previously worked fine.
  5. choppyseize Win User

Hello

Just so you're aware. If you're troubleshooting involves opening the controller or trying to be your own electrician and solve the issue yourself, you just voided the warranty by opening the controller up. This is the first time I've heard of the charging
    station shocking anyone so I'm not sure what caused this specific issue. I'm not sure what to suggest either since it sounds like you opened the controller yourself. Has the controller given you any other issues before or after this happened?
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello DanielSoh81,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be
    more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming
    DanielSoh81!
  7. DanielSoh81 Win User

It happens to me every time without fail when my controller is plugged in or when I touch the metal pieces (either the triggers behind or the connection at the top) putting it on or retrieving it on the dock.

I thought it was probably just specific to my controller having a defect, didn't think much of it since it works fine and only happens while charging, until a friend received his 2 days back and the same thing happens to him.
Thema:

1. Elite v2 controller just shocked me - Similar Threads - Elite controller shocked

2. Elite series 2 controller connection

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 controller connection: So I came home from work and my fiance told me my controller wasn't working. She said our son was playing on the Xbox with it and then turned it off. And little later he turned it back on and it...
  3. my xbox elite one controller

in XBoX on Windows
    my xbox elite one controller: my xbox controller was dropped many 4 times 5 times i am very clumsy but when it fell last night it didnt come on i rly need help please dead08a8-b5b1-48c1-a188-dc684b7cc9ab
  4. Xbox Elite 2 Controller Disconnecting from PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller Disconnecting from PC: So I recently purchased an Xbox Elite 2 Controller and connected it to my PC via Bluetooth (Acer Predator laptop), however, it occasionally loses connection for 2-3 seconds and then reconnects,...
  5. What is going on with Elite Series 2 Controller A button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on with Elite Series 2 Controller A button?: Hello guys! I purchased this controller two weeks ago and today is the second one that I return to the local store for replacement because of a percentage of 'A' button presses that are not...
  6. Elite controller right analogue stick

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller right analogue stick: Hi, hoping someone in here can help. Have just purchased an Xbox x and am having problems with the elite controller, the right analogue stick stopped working (or so I thought) so I went and...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller opens up Game Bar when pressing A

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller opens up Game Bar when pressing A: When I press A the Game bar pops up This only happens when connected through Bluetooth Remapping does NOT work When using the Xbox Accessories app, it claims only A is being pressed. When I...
  8. xbox accessories pc app not detecting xbox one elite 2 controllers with firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox accessories pc app not detecting xbox one elite 2 controllers with firmware...: Hello, my problem is that when I update the firmware of my xbox one elite 2 control, my pc no longer recognizes it as an xbox one elite 2 control and it does not connect with the xbox accessories...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won’t work with Xbox Accessories app on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won’t work with Xbox Accessories app on PC: I had bought an elite series 2 controller on kijiji, and as I have found out the guy who owned it before had updated it on his Xbox, with a firmware that doesn’t work on the Xbox accessories pc...
  10. Elite controller giving static shock

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller giving static shock: Has anybody experienced getting static shock from the paddles of the new elite controller while using the plug n play lead given with it. Cus I'm getting it constantly and now have to use...