Email "Important notice regarding Xbox One system update and game disc errors.‏"

Discus and support Email "Important notice regarding Xbox One system update and game disc errors.‏" in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I received an e-mail titled "Important notice regarding Xbox One system update and game disc errors.‏" and in this e-mail it said: Dear xSCAR x... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by L J EDM, Oct 21, 2014.

1. L J EDM
    L J EDM Guest

Email "Important notice regarding Xbox One system update and game disc errors.‏"

I received an e-mail titled "Important notice regarding Xbox One system update and game disc errors.‏" and in this e-mail it said:

Dear xSCAR x TiSSUEx,

Thank you for being a valued Xbox customer. We understand that you may have received a game disc error message and your Xbox One may not be able to read discs. To fix this issue and continue to receive system updates, you will need to return your console to
    Microsoft for repair. We apologize for this error and the inconvenience this may cause you and by the end of September we will send you a message with a £13 GBP code to your Xbox One Messages. This code can be redeemed on your Xbox One to get games and entertainment
    in the Xbox Store.

a code did arrive but when I tried to use it on xbox.com I kept on getting errors, It was also not possible for me to redeem it on an xbox one because I had sent mine for repair .

Any help in reimbursing me would be great,

Thank you.

:)

L J EDM, Oct 21, 2014
  2. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    XBOX beta tester...console died...no help 44 days and counting

[quote user="MayhemsShadow"]

when you do system updates....TAKE OUT ANY GAMES YOU HAVE IN THE TRAY! it will screw up the update

[/quote]Sorry but this is not true or correct. I have Accepted many, many, many Updates for the System itself with a Disc in the Tray and it all works fine. If it did not, there would be a Notice to "Remove Disc from Tray".

Elohmn, Oct 21, 2014
  3. R00K53
    R00K53 Guest
    May 19, 2011 update. Taking forever to be applied!

[quote user="Introductive"]

Thanks . I removed the disc and the update was applied much faster.

[/quote]

Glad to help.

It seem's that having a disc in the drive causes issues with any system updates.

I did some research, and most of the people having disc reading errors after the
    previous dash update, had a disc in the drive at the time.

R00K53, Oct 21, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there xSCAR x TiSSUEx!

Sorry to hear about the code redemption issue. If you haven't already, try the troubleshooting steps listed
    here to try to get that code working. If the steps do not work, please visit our Contact Us page and contact phone support for further
    assistance.

Mister Beep, Oct 22, 2014
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there xSCAR x TiSSUEx!

Sorry to hear about the code redemption issue. If you haven't already, try the troubleshooting steps listed
    here to try to get that code working. If the steps do not work, please visit our Contact Us page and contact phone support for further
    assistance.
  6. Ltgully Win User

Xbox One Disc Reading Error (have not even played with any discs yet?)

IMPORTANT SYSTEM UPDATE MESSAGE

AUGUST 29, 2014

THANK YOU FOR BEING A VALUED XBOX CUSTOMER. WE HAVE IDENTIFIED THIS CONSOLE AS ONE THAT HAS A DISC ERROR WHEN TRYING TO READ XBOX ONE GAME DISCS. TO FIX THIS ISSUE AND CONTINUE TO RECEIVE SYSTEM UPDATES, YOU MUST RETURN YOUR CONSOLE TO MICROSOFT FOR REPAIR.
    WE APOLOGIZE FOR THIS ERROR AND ANY INCONVENIENCE.

I just received my xbox one console back because of the important system update message. It stopped me from updating. They told me my system was one that needed to be repaired or replaced.When i sent my system it was in top shape but when it was shipped
    back they sent the system back saying that it was tampered with. A brand new system never used a hard copied disc and played digital copies before that system update message. Xbox serviced
    [Mod Removed] me over good.
  7. Knowitall(2) Win User

Refurbished 360 purchased today won't work

The important part of the error code that you're receiving is the "3151" and information regarding this error code and steps for rectifying the problem can be found at this link to the support.xbox.com website:

support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help.aspx

Give them a try if you're still experiencing this issue.
  8. XBF Amber M Win User

Just let me play already!!

Hi there, Nirrson,

Thanks for the reply! Regarding the error code that you received,
    0x803F8001,
    would you happen to own the game on disc? If you’re playing a disc-based game, insert the game disc into the Xbox console. If the disc is already inserted, see
    Troubleshoot problems playing a disc on Xbox One. If you happen to have bought the game digitally, then please make sure that you are signed into
    the same profile used for the initial purchase.

Hope this helps a bit more!
  9. Lollamia Win User

Grand theft auto San Andreas issue

Greetings ,

"The game could not start. Please download the game again"

If you receive this error when trying to play an original Xbox game, try the following steps:

•Clean the disc.

•Update your console software as per the URL:

support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info

Note GTA SAN ANDREA is an original Xbox game, so you must have a hard drive(original HDD).

Please Let me know the outcome of the Issue.

Regards
Thema:

1. Email "Important notice regarding Xbox One system update and game disc errors.‏" - Similar Threads - Email Important notice

2. Microsoft keep sending me email alert on I need to pay them alot of money for game pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft keep sending me email alert on I need to pay them alot of money for game pass...: I'm not sure I can close this account and create an new fresh xbox live account will fix the problem. dee04e79-6da6-4288-a5ed-e90b20725d69
  3. Change email for Xbox account without access to current email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email for Xbox account without access to current email address: Hi, went through a bad break up about a month ago. My ex is the one with her email tied to my Xbox account. (Didn't have a Microsoft account a the time) She is being difficult refuses to change...
  4. Changing email for primary alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing email for primary alias: I'm trying to change the email attached to my Xbox gamertag to something a little easier to type / matches my gamertag. Followed the steps for changing a primary email address alias, and went to...
  5. Email address associated with XBOX account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email address associated with XBOX account: I set my son's XBOX account up when he 4 years old under my email address. My son is now 11 and would like for it to be under his email address now that he has one. Is this possible to do without...
  6. Fake email an password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fake email an password: Ho do i get into my account withe fake email that the code sends to but i can never see it help 2a2aaa75-ee16-4888-b1ce-faf011f0212a
  7. Xbox account email Dupe.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account email Dupe.: I have apparently got two xbox accounts linked to the same email, and due to this, i cant access my account and only can log into the dupe account. Has anyone had this problem, is there any way to...
  8. Account hacked and email changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and email changed: In 2014 I stopped playing xbox 360 and switched to pc gaming, I havent logged in to the account in years and recently my girlfriend got and xbox one, I went to log into my account and the prompt...
  9. Minecraft Earth Email Containing Skin Code Never Sent

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Minecraft Earth Email Containing Skin Code Never Sent: On August 16th I signed up for the Minecraft Earth Beta, which said it came with a skin. The confirmation with the skin was supposed to be sent within 24 hours, and I still have not gotten it(It...
  10. xbox live email got deleted permanently and I cant get into that email to get important stuff ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live email got deleted permanently and I cant get into that email to get important stuff ...: So first of all I had to make a new outlook email so I could even post this. I was using a yahoo email for my xbox account that I have been using for the past 3 years or more. Due to inactivity...