Email link to redeem Microsoft Points promotion no longer working

Discus and support Email link to redeem Microsoft Points promotion no longer working in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; For pre ordering GTAV through the Microsoft Online Store, I received a promotion of 1600 Microsoft Points which could be redeemed via a coupon code and... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by King Yama II, Mar 5, 2014.

1. King Yama II
    King Yama II Guest

For pre ordering GTAV through the Microsoft Online Store, I received a promotion of 1600 Microsoft Points which could be redeemed via a coupon code and a link to Microsoft's Online store. Six months later in attempting to redeem the code, the email link
    no longer works. So, I'm stuck with a 1600 Microsoft Point coupon with nowhere to redeem it. How can I redeem this promotion?

:)

King Yama II, Mar 5, 2014
  2. monty125
    monty125 Guest
    Thank you for being a valuable member of the Xbox community. As a reward, when you buy an Xbox One console you’ll be entitled to a bonus copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

No link just said redeem at Microsoft store and code not long enough and was in Xbox newsletter?

monty125, Mar 5, 2014
  3. theARCHON420
    theARCHON420 Guest
    promotion rewards

i have got a couple promotion emails from *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** saying i could redeem a code and i would get 160 microsoft points. i did so everytime but for some reason another account would get the points. i talked to someone at microsoft and he told me i would
    have to create a new account and wait for another promtion. i got a promotion about skyrim dawngard dlc and i could redeem a code for 160 points. but when i try to redeem the code a message saying invalid code appears. i reguested a call from microsoft REF
    # 117970337 and i was instructed to used this method to solf the problem. PLEASE HELP! i have missed out on many rewards because of this isssue.

theARCHON420, Mar 5, 2014
  4. Email link to redeem Microsoft Points promotion no longer working

Does the coupon provide you with a 5X5 code (a 25 character code in five groups of five characters)? You might also check to verify if there was an expiration date on the coupon or in the Terms and Conditions of the promotion.

FreeGames4LIVE, Mar 5, 2014
  5. FreeGames4LIVE Win User

Does the coupon provide you with a 5X5 code (a 25 character code in five groups of five characters)? You might also check to verify if there was an expiration date on the coupon or in the Terms and Conditions of the promotion.
  6. Miss Kleo Win User

MSP not recieved for using january dash offer

Hey BoOeY! Was this promotion for redeeming a prepaid card? And to be sure, have you checked all emails linked to your Gamertag for these points? As well as in your Microsoft Points acitivty (https://billing.microsoft.com)
    since they can sometimes be automatically deposited? Just want to confirm before we get this sorted! :)
  7. Oraclea Win User

badlands rewards

Hi, for this promotion, my option to redeem the 3 months of Game Pass arrived as one of the items that could be redeemed (for 0 points) in the "Redeem" section of
    my Microsoft Rewards page. Once redeemed, I got the code in an email to my Xbox/Microsoft Rewards account email address.

I'd check to see if you have the option to redeem it there, and then contact
    Microsoft Rewards Customer Support
    if you don't see it there. Hope that helps!
  8. Jsalinger Win User

Renewal promo points not received

Yes, exactly. The promotion was on the main page of the dashboard, said to receive 600 points, renew membership by buying it directly or redeeming a pre paid card. I redeemed a pre paid card after clicking on the promotional link.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Unable to redeem Microsoft Points code

When Microsoft announced the transition from Microsoft Points to local currencies, it was announced that Microsoft Points can continue to be redeem (https://majornelson.com/2013/08/09/an-update-on-the-change-from-ms-points-to-local-currency/). [...]

The support agent told me that Microsoft Points can no longer be redeemed. [...]

How can I redeem the Microsoft Points gift cards now?
    If you go to that page you linked to, it says at the bottom:

"We’ll continue to accept purchased Microsoft Points Cards and codes
    until further notice"

[Emphasis by me]

So if I remember correctly, it was announced at some time that Point codes had to be redeemed until March or April 2015, after which you can't redeem them anymore.

So unfortunately, you can't redeem your point codes nowadays.
Thema:

1. Email link to redeem Microsoft Points promotion no longer working - Similar Threads - Email link redeem

2. How to link an old gamertag to a new email

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to link an old gamertag to a new email: I created my old gamertag when I was in college and linked it to my college email. I just got a new system and I no longer have access to that email. Is it possible to get my older gamertag back...
  3. Old un-linked email address is where my new codes will be associated to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old un-linked email address is where my new codes will be associated to.: Hi there, I have an issue on my hands with my microsoft account and my need further technical support. Basically my old email address keeps re-appearing in the redeem a code section on...
  4. My Xbox 360 console says that my email is not linked to a microsoft account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 console says that my email is not linked to a microsoft account.: I've tried these steps Delete my profile Clear system cache Restart console Redownload profile Here is where the issue comes up. Every time I try this step it gives the error "This email...
  5. Wrong gamertag linked to your email address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong gamertag linked to your email address: Hello, i know its be awhile since you had an issue where your gamertag was linked to the wrong email address and not allowing you to sign in. But did they ever help you fix that issue. I have...
  6. 2 xbox accounts linked to the same email address

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 xbox accounts linked to the same email address: Ive noticed a few other people in the past have had this issue, but whatever i try i cant seem to resolve it. and the automated replies dont seem to be much help. somehow ive managed to get 2...
  7. Stranger's email linked to my Xbox Live account and blocking me from signing in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stranger's email linked to my Xbox Live account and blocking me from signing in.: I turned on my Xbox and seeing that I was signed out, pressed the home button and went to the Sign In tab as usual. I clicked on my account, as it was displaying itself as normal with my gamer tag...
  8. Linked Emails

in XBoX on Consoles
    Linked Emails: How do I check which Xbox Account emails use my Xbox Email as a security contact email if the account is locked? 3c9ff65d-08fc-410a-b9bf-0faab15495ac
  9. Xbox One Gift Card - Does the money go to the account or is it linked to the email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Gift Card - Does the money go to the account or is it linked to the email?: Right now I have 2 emails linked to my Microsoft account. When I go to redeem the Gift Card code the Xbox screen displays that it will go to email A. So if I delete email A (I want email B to...
  10. Email linked to your Xbox account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email linked to your Xbox account.: i have an xbox account with an old email that doesn't work anymore an I want to switch the email my account is linked to another already existing microsoft account. How would i go about doing...