Email reset

Discus and support Email reset in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; So in december i had to change the email on my account with the one that i currently use. Of course, i waited a month for this to take effect. A week... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by SebastianFilip, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Email reset

So in december i had to change the email on my account with the one that i currently use. Of course, i waited a month for this to take effect. A week ago it was done.

However, this morning i saw that it asked for a security code sent on the old email. I look at my account details and i see that the email was reverted to the old one...WHY?! Why do i have to wait one more month now?! I can't purchase anything on xbox in
    the first place!

I wanted to buy skate 3 but here i am waiting for another month, because Microsoft is just stupid when it comes to account management!

:)

SebastianFilip, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Pyrosplayhouse Win User

Email reset

The reason they do this is to make sure you are the one asking to make these changes. They send ykh the verification to the original email as a way to be sure its not an unauthorized user. If it wasnt for these extra steps some one can easily gain access
    to your account and change over the email and take over your account before you realize whats going on. Be sure to follow all these steps to prevent any further delays.Email
    reset
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Email reset

[...]

I wanted to buy skate 3 but here i am waiting for another month, because Microsoft is just stupid when it comes to account management!
    They are not "stupid" when it comes to account management.

The email and phone numbers you enter there are also used as a fallback when you forget your password or are otherwise locked out of your account.

Since that information can be used by a malicious person (i.e. a hacker) to gain control over your account, Microsoft is very careful when you try to change that information without having confirmed your account ownership in a different (secure) method.

If you had a working phone number or email on your account BEFORE you changed your security information email, the change would have been immediate, as Microsoft would have sent a confirmation code to your phone or your other email, and then after confirming
    the change, the new email would have been in place right there and then.

Therefore it's VERY important, to update your account security information every time you change your email or phone number WHILE YOU STILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE OLD SECURITY INFORMATION!

Additionally, you could also set up Two Step Verification as an additional means of proving ownership and being able to verify your account more quickly.
  4. Swift Hen 74 Win User

Gamertag issue...

you should be able to reset the password on the blueyonder website for the email address, once that is done logon to accounts.live.com and reset the password for the windows live id, this will send a password reset email to the blueyonder email address
  5. iG Flux Win User

Parents Approval, Terms and Agreements

I am having trouble resetting the password for the parent email, the links goes to a password reset, but when I place the email for the parent account, it shows it is not a parent email, even though that is the correct email.
  6. The Night Curse Win User

Anyway I can get a account back stolen from me?

Firstly I would not give accounts out to people it is breaking the TOU.

if you know the email that the gamertag was changed too I would try to do a password reset under that email because most of the time the old email is still on the account for a password reset link.

to do a password reset go to "xbox.com/reset"
Thema:

Email reset

1. Email reset - Similar Threads - Email reset

2. Change email account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email account: I need chnage my email account @hotmail for another @hotmail, but in the options I see only @outlook.com or @outlook.com.br ba05cb72-5884-4733-b668-7826c0fbff2d
  3. Unable to access my old email address to reset my xbox live password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to access my old email address to reset my xbox live password: When I set up my Xbox Live account I was using a different email address than my current one. I no longer have access to the email address, and I just got signed out of Xbox Live for the first...
  4. I reset my xbox and don't remember my email or password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I reset my xbox and don't remember my email or password: Hey There This problem has probably happened to the best of us but earlier this year we were having trouble with our internet and during the transfer process I accidentally reset my xbox. Now...
  5. I can not reset my email account | Não consigo recolocar minha conta de e-mail

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not reset my email account | Não consigo recolocar minha conta de e-mail: Hello good day, Due to login issues I decided to remove my account and add it again, when I try to re-insert the email account on the Xbox One console, the message "Another user of this device...
  6. Changed email server in 2012, since then my old password doesn't work = all game data reset to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed email server in 2012, since then my old password doesn't work = all game data reset to ...: I'd simply like to retrieve my old user account to an email address I no longer have (I left Rogers cable) Old email (No longer have access to) [Mod Removed - Do not post personal information on...
  7. Got a XBox 360 handed down, how do I reset email and password? Do I need XBOXLIVE 4 Netflix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got a XBox 360 handed down, how do I reset email and password? Do I need XBOXLIVE 4 Netflix?: I got an XBox handed down and we don't know the previous owner's password. I got a Error Code for forgotten emails CODE: 8015D002 but I'm not sure where to place it. Additionally, I'm trying to...
  8. we lost the email account long ago and cant do a reset password on xbox.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    we lost the email account long ago and cant do a reset password on xbox.com: hi im have been having trouble for over 3 years with my account and my dads account my dad basicly had a telkom email (veryold email) that we had on a computer but with time we lost that email...
  9. Xbox account email and password reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox account email and password reset: Hey guys.My xbox accounts email and password got reset and I need to reset it ASAP. I do not know how he/she got my account. I've had that account for atleast 2 years and really want it back. I...
  10. Inactive Email and Forgotten Password - Is It Possible to Have Password Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Email and Forgotten Password - Is It Possible to Have Password Reset: I moved recently and changed to a new ISP and now have a new email address. Since I have not logged into my xbox1 account in forever, I have forgotten the password. I am unable to follow the...