Epson 5040UB : Your TV setup doesn't support HDR10 for gaming. Games won't be shown in HDR

Discus and support Epson 5040UB : Your TV setup doesn't support HDR10 for gaming. Games won't be shown in HDR in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I received my new Xbox One X today but found out that the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5040UB is not being recognized by XBOX as a compatible... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jeephm, Nov 7, 2017.

1. jeephm
    jeephm Guest

Epson 5040UB : Your TV setup doesn't support HDR10 for gaming. Games won't be shown in HDR

Hi,

I received my new Xbox One X today but found out that the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5040UB is not being recognized by XBOX as a compatible device that can run HDR10 gaming.

But, this projector definitely supports HDR10 ( BT.2020 ).

Also, YouTube's videos cleary shows Epson 5040UB running 4k HDR games on PS4 PRO.

So why Xbox One X games can't be shown in HDR while PS4 PRO can ?

Is this something that will be fixed soon with firmware update ?

I think the solution would be to allow HDR10 with 1080p displays, since this projector uses 4k enhancement technology., that's why PS4 did, and hope XBOX can do it as well.

Thank you.

:)

jeephm, Nov 7, 2017
  2. L0ud MacLe0d
    L0ud MacLe0d Guest
    Xbox one x not detecting hdr10 sony x800e

I'm having the same issue with my 900E. I just tried your fix, and that setting did need to be enabled, but the X still isn't recognizing HDR10.

Under "Watching Movies & TV" it says "Your TV supports 4K 10-bit at 24hrz" and "Your TV supports HDR video"

Under "Playing Games" it says "Your TV setup does not support HDR10 for gaming. Games will not be shown in HDR."

I have also manually enable HDR10 in the TV settings. Not sure what else to do.

L0ud MacLe0d, Nov 7, 2017
  3. L0ud MacLe0d
    L0ud MacLe0d Guest
    No HDR10 For Games

I'm having the same issue with my Sony 900E. I just tried your suggestions, but the X still isn't recognizing HDR10. I have the Xbox One X plugged directly into my TV, using the hdmi cable supplied. I have also manually enabled HDR10 in the TV settings.

Under "Watching Movies & TV" it says "Your TV supports 4K 10-bit at 24hrz" and "Your TV supports HDR video".

Under "Playing Games" it says "Your TV setup does not support HDR10 for gaming. Games will not be shown in HDR."

Not sure what else to do.

L0ud MacLe0d, Nov 7, 2017
  4. jeephm
    jeephm Guest

Here are the links to those videos :

jeephm, Nov 7, 2017
  5. Lakn
    Lakn Guest
    Yep. I think there will be a lot of dissapointed people when they find out their 4K HDR TV won't play Xbox One 4K games because they don't have a full 18Gig HDMI pipe.

The requirement from the X to have 4K @60 and 30 Bits just to play a 4K game seems off. I can see where the bandwidth requirement would be there for 4K @60 with HDR, but I'd like to play the game in either 4K without HDR or 1080P with HDR but the current
    setup on the X (and S) will not let you do this.

Odd thing is that I played Horizons:Zero Dawn on my PS4 Pro and the first thing it did was tell me I could have either 4K or HDR but not both. I chose HDR and the game looks fantastic. I can't believe the XBOX One X won't do this.

So, if you have a display that does 4K@ 24 with HDR then the XBOX One X is just a nice game machine that will play videos in HDR for you but none of the UHD features are available to you for gaming.

Microsoft, surely you can change this and allow HDR in 1080P?

Lakn, Nov 7, 2017
  6. Cmatt1977
    Cmatt1977 Guest
    I expected this to be a difficult answer to find, but your post told me all I need to know right away. I knew I shouldn't have fallen for the hype of this new standard. Caveat emptor.

Cmatt1977, Nov 8, 2017
  7. jeephm
    jeephm Guest
    Though, the supersampling is amazing. I was first frustrated to not get HDR, but the details are just amazing with the supersampling. You can check it out.

Also, maybe we'll get a fix soon for 1080P HDR !

jeephm, Nov 8, 2017
  8. psycold
    psycold Guest

Here I am a year later with the same issue, different projector. Using the Optoma UHD51A and I can watch 4k HDR movies from a 4k blu-ray disc, but the X-Box says my system is not capable of 4k HDR gaming. So, still no fix eh?

psycold, Oct 15, 2018
  9. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest
    Hey there Psycold

If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!

XBF Lance J, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Epson 5040UB : Your TV setup doesn't support HDR10 for gaming. Games won't be shown in HDR - Similar Threads - Epson 5040UB setup

2. Epson 3010e: Hisense 4K issues

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Epson 3010e: Hisense 4K issues: Epson (Televisions) 3010e: Hisense 4K issues Have you set the TV's hdmi setting to 'enhanced', and connected the xbox to one of the 4k ports? ec94d9f5-1685-45d5-a4f5-b26ac4df6e32
  3. Epson 3010e: Xbox one s loses signal as soon as switched to 4k on a Hisense 50a6100uw UHD...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Epson 3010e: Xbox one s loses signal as soon as switched to 4k on a Hisense 50a6100uw UHD...: Epson (Televisions) 3010e: Xbox one s loses signal as soon as switched to 4k on a Hisense 50a6100uw UHD 4k TV. Hisense isnt the best quality tv they make the low budget sharp brand with sharp...
  4. Epson 3010e: Xbox One Controller won't connect even after the directions are followed.

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Epson 3010e: Xbox One Controller won't connect even after the directions are followed.: Epson (Televisions) 3010e: Xbox One Controller won't connect even after the directions are followed. Hey there LEGO Undocked, Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox Forums for advice on which next...
  5. Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5040UB with Denon S720W having issues with 4k

in XBoX on Consoles
    Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5040UB with Denon S720W having issues with 4k: Hi all, I am very confused. My Projector says it supports 4k HDR10 and so does my reciever. However, when I go to display settings 4k detail it says my TV setup doesn't support 4k 10-bit at 50hz,...
  6. Epson 3010e: Xbox formats for her tv's

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Epson 3010e: Xbox formats for her tv's: Epson (Televisions) 3010e: Xbox formats for her tv's No TV supports 36bit,that would be impossible. You might be looking at the wrong statistic there. Xbox supports Hdr10, as the poster above...
  7. Epson 3010e: Record live TV on X Box 1S?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Epson 3010e: Record live TV on X Box 1S?: Epson (Televisions) 3010e: Record live TV on X Box 1S? Sorry, but no, there are no current plans or options to record TV on your console. It was planned previously but has since been canceled:...
  8. Xbox one X and Epson 5040UB HDR10 for gaming.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X and Epson 5040UB HDR10 for gaming.: So me and my father just got the xbox one X and have it hooked up straight to the hdmi1 port on the projector and we cannot get HDR10 to work. The checklist says it doesn't support it even though...
  9. No HDR with Onkyo TR-NX646 and Epson 5040ub (4k / 24hz / YCbCr 4:2:2 24 bit)

in XBoX on Consoles
    No HDR with Onkyo TR-NX646 and Epson 5040ub (4k / 24hz / YCbCr 4:2:2 24 bit): I have an Epson 5040ub projector that support (faux) 4k and HDR. I have it connected to my Xbox One S through my Onkyo TR-NX646 (AVR). In this configuration, I cannot get HDR to work from the...
  10. Xbox One S and Epson 5040UB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S and Epson 5040UB: The Xbox One S does not recognize that the Epson 5040UB projector can handle 4k with 10 bit color at any refresh rate. I get checkboxes on the setup screen for 4K and HDR, but it says it doesn't...