Error 0x80070005 when installing Game Pass Content.

Discus and support Error 0x80070005 when installing Game Pass Content. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Exactly as the title says. I've recently aqcuired game pass and I can't install any games on my Windows 10 PC. I have a 120GB SSD with my OS isntalled... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by itsShiruka, May 11, 2022.

1. itsShiruka
    itsShiruka Guest

Exactly as the title says. I've recently aqcuired game pass and I can't install any games on my Windows 10 PC. I have a 120GB SSD with my OS isntalled and a 1TB HDD where I'm trying to install the games, there's no possibility of me installing them on the SSD.

:)

itsShiruka, May 11, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi itsShiruka! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If this storage device belongs to an old windows installation, please try this

Go to This PC, enter the disc where you want to install the games.

Rename the "WindowsApps" folder in "WindowsApps.old" then restart the pc.

If the error occurs again then rename the "WpSystem" folder in "WpSystem.old" and restart again.

As suggested here

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/...
  3. ChrisBG2 Win User

Error Code 0x80070005 Xbox App PC Windows 10

same here, I have xbox game pass for my pc, and im trying to install games through the Xbox app but when its finished downloading, it says ''error 0x80070005, i was trying to look online for help and nothing.
  4. FuturOscuro Win User

Xbox (beta) Administrator approval required for installation.

5. RicardoFrederiks Win User

Can't install most games on XBOX PC Pass Beta app

Update: Gaming services is finally installed after hours. Still an error when trying to download a big game (Sea of Thieves is the one I am trying to download). But now it gives another error code: 0x80070005. This is very annoying, trying to get this
    fixed for days now.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Downloading to D drive xbox (beta)

Hi,

Error code 0x80070005 is an access denied error. Did you take this other drive from a different PC or previous Windows install?
Thema:

1. Error 0x80070005 when installing Game Pass Content. - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070005 installing

2. Error Message installing game; error codes "0x80070005" and "0x803FB107" keeps coming up....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Message installing game; error codes "0x80070005" and "0x803FB107" keeps coming up....: Hello all, I'm attempting to install Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) via Gamepass. As mentioned in the title I am struggling with these two error messages that come up after installing...
  3. I can't install sea of thievies 0x80070005 ERROR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install sea of thievies 0x80070005 ERROR: I can't install sea of thievies, app shows me 0x80070005 ERROR. I tried all solutions from the internet and nothing changed. I have Xbox Game pass ultimate and im using PC....
  4. Whenever i install something using the Microsoft store error 0x80070005 shows up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever i install something using the Microsoft store error 0x80070005 shows up: Hello, I have this issue for a while and nothing seems to help, this error also shows up when i try downloading Sea of Thieves via the Xbox Game Pass. I have went through 5 different Microsoft...
  5. Xbox Game Pass won't install games on specific drives on Windows 10 [ERROR 0x80070005]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass won't install games on specific drives on Windows 10 [ERROR 0x80070005]: I have six drives installed, three of which the XBOX app will not install games on. When attempting to install a game on one of the problematic drives, I receive an error 0x80070005 ... the game...
  6. Cannot install/download games on xbox pc game pass (error code 0x80070005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install/download games on xbox pc game pass (error code 0x80070005): I am trying to install sea of thieves on the pc game pass but it will not let me. When I click install it says it is starting the download but after 5 seconds it pops up an error. It doesnt even...
  7. Error Code 0x80070005 When Installing games on Xbox PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80070005 When Installing games on Xbox PC: one day my computer suddenly restarted said it was cleaning D: drive. when i went to play halo infinite I realized all my games were gone. [img] Every time I try to install a game on Xbox it...
  8. I can't (re) install Sea of Thieves. I keep getting error 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't (re) install Sea of Thieves. I keep getting error 0x80070005: I had Sea of Thieves installed before, but a few months ago a update was released and gave me the error 0x80070005. So I decided to remove the game and re-install the game. I haven't been able to...
  9. Error Code:0x80070005, Every time I try to install sea of thieves on the xbox app I get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code:0x80070005, Every time I try to install sea of thieves on the xbox app I get...: I have googled and tried every possible fix for weeks now and there doesn't seem to be any difference in problems. I click install and it says starting install then immediately says error but the...
  10. Xbox App - Error 0x80070005 when trying to install some games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App - Error 0x80070005 when trying to install some games: Hi. I've subscribed to game pass. I could install Age of Empires III: DE, Age of Empires IV, Forza 5 and Wolfenstein II and download some other titles. But I can't simply install other games...