Error 0x8007177E when installing games on Xbox (beta) app.

Discus and support Error 0x8007177E when installing games on Xbox (beta) app. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I try to install game from gamepass I get error 0x8007177E. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, tried resetting the app, tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SimplexPL, Nov 23, 2019.

1. SimplexPL
    SimplexPL Guest

When I try to install game from gamepass I get error 0x8007177E. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, tried resetting the app, tried installing on a different drive. Nothing helps.

Error 0x8007177E when installing games on Xbox (beta) app. [​IMG]

:)

SimplexPL, Nov 23, 2019
  2. piddson Win User

Hi,

had the same error but got it fixed by activating file encryption on NTFS volumes in gpedit cause i found that the error code information is: "volume_not_support_efs" means "the disk partition does not support file encryption"

So, try:

1. "Windows Button" + "R"

2. type in "gpedit.msc" and hit "enter"

3. in gpedit go to "Computer Configuration" > "Administrative Templates" > "System" > "Filesystem" > "NTFS"

4. check if "Do not allow encryption an all NTFS volumes" is activated, if so then double click it and set it to "not configured"

5. Restart PC and try to install games

And if you're trying to install to another drive instead of C: you have to change storage destination for apps.

Navigate to "settings" > "system" > "storage" > scroll down to "change where new content is saved" > change "new apps will save to:" to your new destination and restart PC.

Hope this helps to fix the issue.
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Hi, by in Windows, your user have Administrator Permission? Can be that the Problem. Try seek in https://support.xbox.com/error-code-lookup if you finde with this errors code means
  4. SimplexPL Win User

Hi,

Thanks for a very informative reply which would have probably fixed my problem. Unfortunately, I got tired of not having a working store and I reinstalled windows few days ago. But if this problem crops up again, I'll know what to try.
  5. SimplexPL Win User

Yes my user has Admin permissions, I also tried running xbox app as admin. No change.

And of course I already tried looking up that code. The result is: "Sorry! No Support articles were found for "0x8007177E"."
  6. StaticApples Win User

Where is Xbox Beta App PC installed?

When I use the Xbox Beta App installer, where does it install that app to?

I want to find where the XBox Beta App exe is located.
Thema:

1. Error 0x8007177E when installing games on Xbox (beta) app. - Similar Threads - Error 0x8007177E installing

2. Error code 0x87e10bca on my xbox one when opening apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e10bca on my xbox one when opening apps: Error code 0x87e10bca on my xbox one when opening apps. I've already done a power cycle, a factory reset and persistent storage and clear it three times and nothing solved the problem. Could some...
  3. Microsoft Store"Gaming Service"and another PC GAME cannot install,error code︰0x803FB005

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store"Gaming Service"and another PC GAME cannot install,error code︰0x803FB005: I used different way to solve this error ->Today reinstall window10 ->Done all Window Updated However I cannot solve the problem Before I reinstall window 10, I used different solutions from...
  4. Erro 0x803FB005 -[Translation - Error 0x803FB005]

in XBoX on Windows
    Erro 0x803FB005 -[Translation - Error 0x803FB005]: Tentei instalar o Xbox Game Pass para PC (Beta) e dá este erro. Fiz os testes de uma pergunta anterior e o mesmo erro permanece. Além disso, resetei o cache da loja e ainda o erro. Tentei instalar...
  5. Erro em minha conta [Edit - Translation] - Error in my account

in XBoX on Mobile
    Erro em minha conta [Edit - Translation] - Error in my account: Bom dia, esse problema me acompanha há meses. Não quero falar com um bot, por que já fiz de tudo e nada funcionou. Eu jogo minecraft há anos no celular, antes mesmo da compra da microsoft....
  6. Minecraft Error -9 for Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Error -9 for Nintendo Switch: We are playing Minecraft for Nintendo Switch. Two of our profiles on the game is giving us an error -9. There is something wrong with the Marketplace that won't let us log in to the Microsoft...
  7. Xbox (BETA) Installer error 0x803FB005

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (BETA) Installer error 0x803FB005: When attempting to install the xbox beta client for, game pass ultimate, it fails with error 0x803FB005. All prerequisites are met on the hardware and software level. Every install logs and Event...
  8. Master Chief Collection Missing Content Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Master Chief Collection Missing Content Error: I purchased Halo: MCC the other day, but so far it's been completely unplayable. After installing, starting any game mode (single or multiplayer) results in a "Missing Content" error. The game is...
  9. Xbox error code E102

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error code E102: I bought an xbox one x 6 friggin months ago and now it wont work at all and i dont have a pc to fix it. This is bs i payed 500 freaking dollars for the stupid thing....
  10. Errors e105 and now E102

in XBoX on Consoles
    Errors e105 and now E102: [img] [img] [img] I recently restarted my xbox one. It gave me a something went wrong E105 error. I tried the restart xbox option 3 times. So i tried a reset while keeping the game data. I did...