Error 0x8027025A received when trying to read any disc (including blu rays and game discs)

Discus and support Error 0x8027025A received when trying to read any disc (including blu rays and game discs) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, So I recently purchased an Xbox One X to replace my Xbox One S, and I hadn't had any problems with either until yesterday, when my Xbox One... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RickMattish, Mar 7, 2020.

1. RickMattish
    RickMattish Guest

Error 0x8027025A received when trying to read any disc (including blu rays and game discs)

Hey guys,

So I recently purchased an Xbox One X to replace my Xbox One S, and I hadn't had any problems with either until yesterday, when my Xbox One X stopped opening any apps from a disc. I couldn't watch a blu ray movie because the blu ray player app would give
    me error code 0x8027025A with the message: "For some reason Blu-Ray Player took too long to start. (0x8027025a)". I tried with several different movie discs and games, and got the same message for all of them.

I tried all of the steps listed on Microsoft's Xbox support website, including:

• Checking Xbox live service (it was fine)
    • Restarting the app (tried it a bunch of times, and always got the same message)
    • Restarted my console (did this several times, but it never fixed the problem)
    • Power cycle my console (still got the error message)
    Finally, in desperation I factory reset my console and chose to keep all my games installed, and that fixed the problem and it is working fine again. I don't know what happened. Should I be worried that my disc drive is going bad? Or was it a software issue
    that is fixed now?

:)

RickMattish, Mar 7, 2020
  2. slackadelic Win User

I've had this happen before, usually right after a large update to the Xbox.

I th ink th elast time I had to do this was about a year ago, but no issues since.
  3. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

lecture bd -r [Read bd -r]

Hi martyeastwood1,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

We understand it is frustrating since the Xbox One S will not read the Blu-ray discs. Now when you try to watch any Blu-ray discs, does the system display an error or message?

Does the console play Game discs or CDs? Also, please make sure you have the Blu-ray player installed on the console. This is not an app that is pre-installed.

Please check out the Disc and Blu-ray settings for more information.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes :)
  4. Faybeller Win User

Brand new Xbox one s not playing discs

Hi Brad,

thanks for reply, the blu ray app is installed but no difference still no playback from any discs and no error messages, just that nothing happens when game disc or blu ray inserted
  5. atDoc Rogers Win User

Blu Ray Problem: Cannot play Game of Thrones Season 3

The latest update did not fix the playback issue with Game of Thrones Season 3 on Blu-Ray.

Some users may encounter the error that was causing the Xbox to not read the disc, again, even after updating the Blu-Ray player app.

To work around this, fire up the Blu-Ray app with no disc in your Xbox.

You'll be prompted that there is no disc in your drive.

Insert Game of Thrones season 3 blu-ray into your drive.

Viola, and enjoy.
  6. TomInIowa Win User

No Movies (blu ray or dvd)

I just received my replacement xbox one console. Progress! The new one does PLAY commerical blu ray and dvd's!!! It does NOT play any of the blu ray movie disc (BDMV) that I created. Error 0x91d70000 (the error message on the old console was
    0x91d70001).

Progress. It does play the commerical blu ray disc (Star Trek into Darkness is the only one I have).
Thema:

1. Error 0x8027025A received when trying to read any disc (including blu rays and game discs) - Similar Threads - Error 0x8027025A received

2. Xbox One takes almost 40 minutes to load, sometimes gives "Error 0x8027025a - dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One takes almost 40 minutes to load, sometimes gives "Error 0x8027025a - dashboard...: So yesterday (afternoon, it worked fine in the morning) I turned my Xbox One on which took nearly 40 minutes. Once it was loaded, it was basically stuck on dashboard as even opening the friends...
  3. Error Code 0x8027025A

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x8027025A: Hi I was worth trying to install and uninstall the games, I also cleared the cache, I did a factory reset always the same problem Any solution !? [img] a82d506b-fa79-4f24-9b5b-dd256d492625
  4. Problema con el error 0x8027025a pero sólo con Fornite[Translation-Problem with error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problema con el error 0x8027025a pero sólo con Fornite[Translation-Problem with error...: Hola que tal, desde hace 4 días que al intentar iniciar fortnite me muestra el error 0x8027025 y no me deja entrar, es el único juego con el que me sucede, todos mis otros juegos funcionan a la...
  5. Error code 0x8027025a BAD!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x8027025a BAD!!: Alright this issue has kinda come out of nowhere. Yesterday played fine, today none of my games will load up and tells me the game or app has taken to long to load. Keeps giving me the same error...
  6. Error 0x8027025a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x8027025a: Error (0x8027025a) Screen Freeze Lag COMMENTS All of my games are dead. All of your supports don't solved this issue, if you help me solved this issue i would appreciate your help. Im having...
  7. Receiving Error 0x8027025A for All Games/Apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Receiving Error 0x8027025A for All Games/Apps: Hello all. Beginning last night, none of my games or apps will start, always stating that they have taken "too long to start" and giving me the error code 0x8027025A. This also goes for system...
  8. error code 0x8027025a for borderland 3 can't even play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x8027025a for borderland 3 can't even play: uninstalled it and re installed it, didn't work, restarted the xbox still didn't work also reported it. says takes to long to load and that code comes up 6d3b36d0-74d2-419b-8f00-8c513231053a
  9. Error code 0x8027025a wont stop popping up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x8027025a wont stop popping up: Hello all, So, I logged into my xbox one x today and tried to play apex legends and or CODMW and neither would work. The error code 0x8027025a pops up. I looked it up and searched solutions. Its...
  10. Receiving error code 0x8027025A on Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x8027025A on Fortnite: Hi, I receive error code 0x8027025A Fortnite took to long to load while trying to get on Fortnite everytime. This has only been happening since the console updated Fortnite for season 10. We have...