Error code 0x80070005 when downloading COD

Discus and support Error code 0x80070005 when downloading COD in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, a few days ago around COD launch, i attempted to download the game and it would give me the “installation stopped” in the download queue. For... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mtwerdak, Nov 6, 2019.

1. mtwerdak
    mtwerdak Guest

Hello, a few days ago around COD launch, i attempted to download the game and it would give me the “installation stopped” in the download queue. For some reason the download eventually worked and i was able to play.

Today, apparently my game needed an update but i again received the “installation stopped” in the queue for the update. I uninstalled the game and attempted to download it again and once again received the “installation stopped” with error code 0x80070005.

-I am able to download other games and the packs for COD, just not the main download for the actual game.

any suggestions?

:)

mtwerdak, Nov 6, 2019
  2. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello mtwerdak,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that one of your games is not able to receive an update, and the console is providing you with an error code. There is a section of the Xbox website that allows anyone to do a search for specific
    error codes, and we have
    a result for this error code
    . If these solutions do not resolve the issue, we have a support article regarding

troubleshooting game or app installations
    . Go ahead and try out some of these solutions, and be sure to let us know the results!
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi mtwerdak,

sorry to hear. Maybe the servers are overloaded and you have to wait.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  5. slackadelic Win User

Just to add to the recommendations and response for troubleshooting already here, there's still a service status on https://xbox.com/status for this game.
  6. FAST SPARTEN Win User

Hello, a few days ago around COD launch, i attempted to download the game and it would give me the “installation stopped” in the download queue. For some reason the download eventually worked and i was able to play.

Today, apparently my game needed an update but i again received the “installation stopped” in the queue for the update. I uninstalled the game and attempted to download it again and once again received the “installation stopped” with error code 0x80070005.

-I am able to download other games and the packs for COD, just not the main download for the actual game.

any suggestions?
    - 0x80070005 error code is a code for something being wrong with the Xbox live service and i will provide you a link to the Xbox live server
    status page as well but i would recommend. try restarting the MAC Address in the network settings on the Xbox. if that does not work try holding the power the button down for 10 seconds on the console to fully restart the system but don`t worry it wont delete
    anything it will just power reset the console.

here is the link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
Thema:

1. Error code 0x80070005 when downloading COD - Similar Threads - Error code 0x80070005

2. Metro Exodus did not start anymore, tried new install but an error code shows: 0x80070005

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus did not start anymore, tried new install but an error code shows: 0x80070005: I installed the game and played for about 1h. Next time I wanted to start again but nothing happened. I also tried over the start menu and the WIndows store. The game did not start. So I...
  3. Error code: 0x80070005

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code: 0x80070005: Hi, Every time i try to install a game with admin writes i get the follow error: Error code: 0x80070005 How do i get over this problem? is there something that i need to change or do to fix...
  4. XBox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - unable to download the games Error code: 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - unable to download the games Error code: 0x80070005: Hi, I have read multiple threads on this and I am still no further forward. Tried the Sign in uncheck Admin permissions including passwords2 Tried updating to 1903 ( and checked for the ones...
  5. Xbox Game Pass (Beta) Error code:0x80070005

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass (Beta) Error code:0x80070005: Hello, So i been trying to install certain games on the Xbox Game Pass, but every game that needs Administrator approval are not downloading and send me this error code:0x80070005. I have tried...
  6. dreaded Error code: 0x80070005

in XboX Insiders
    dreaded Error code: 0x80070005: i can not download anything off of the new xbox beta app, vampyr, crosscode, and metro exodus are just some of the games i tried to download but i just keep getting the same code. submitted by...
  7. Error code: 0x80070005 pc gamepass when trying to download games requiring administrator...

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code: 0x80070005 pc gamepass when trying to download games requiring administrator...: I tried both on xbox (beta) and microsoft store to download gamepass games. Keep getting the 0x80070005. Weirdly enough the error only happens for games that requiring administrator approval...
  8. Error code '0x80070005' for Xbox (BETA) Installer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code '0x80070005' for Xbox (BETA) Installer.: Hi! I'm unable to install the Xbox beta for the whole new Xbox game pass deal for PC. Every time I get the error code 0x80070005, upon trying to start the installer. I had previously started...
  9. Error code: 0x80070005 Can't download games (USING GAME PASS FOR PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code: 0x80070005 Can't download games (USING GAME PASS FOR PC): So I pretty much tried every "solution" to be able to download some games I wanted to play. Nothing... My friend has the same issues. Are the games even available for download? Of all games I...
  10. Unable to download games due to Error code: 0x80070005 - Xbox GamePass (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to download games due to Error code: 0x80070005 - Xbox GamePass (PC): I have applied every windows update I can think of, including from this link. I even went so far as to go back to a prior version and redid the updates. It appears that the only games I can't...