Error code 0x80070057 when installing almost all Game Pass games (PC)

Discus and support Error code 0x80070057 when installing almost all Game Pass games (PC) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I subscribed to the PC Game Pass thing some days ago, but some games give an error immediately after starting the download. When I click on Install, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Samuel Rodrigues, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Error code 0x80070057 when installing almost all Game Pass games (PC)

I subscribed to the PC Game Pass thing some days ago, but some games give an error immediately after starting the download. When I click on Install, it goes to Queued, then Starting and right after Downloading it shows this error:

Error code 0x80070057 when installing almost all Game Pass games (PC) [​IMG]

I tried downloading Forza Horizon 4, Astroneer, Abzu, Gears 5, Stellaris, Metro Exodus, and Dirt Rally 2 but out of all of them, only the last 4 downloaded normally without showing this error.

I already searched on Google but didn't find a solution, I tried clearing the app's cache, redownloading the Gaming Services, using the Store troubleshooter, restarting my PC several times, giving the app admin permissions, but nothing worked so far. Any
    help here?

:)

Samuel Rodrigues, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Samuel Rodrigues Win User

Sorry to kepe you waiting, but yes all HDDs have the same file system, and the Windows disk check didn't show anythig (not sure what you mean by scandisk, it doesn't exist since Win9x).

As far as I know the only difference between my drives is that C is an SSD where Windows is installed, D is a 500GB HDD and F is a 2TB HDD, both hard drives never had Windows installed on them too.
  3. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi Samuel Rodrigues,

sorry to hear. The Windows message "0x80070057" represents an error caused by invalid arguments or parameters. In some cases, you will also find the additions "E_INVALIDARG" or "ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER" that explicitly refer to this problem. Depending on
    the action that this error occurs, it can be very different arguments or properties. In addition, this message sometimes appears even if access to the running system operation is prevented for other reasons (especially by filter drivers).

The parameter error "0x80070057" may also be the result of corrupted system files, so it is recommended to thoroughly check the system files. Windows provides its own tool, System File Checker (SFC), for this purpose, which you can run from the command prompt
    if you have administrator privileges. The application checks all system files and then immediately starts an attempt to repair found bad files. In any case, SFC records all the results so that you can alternatively replace the damaged data yourself.

To use the scan program, first open the command prompt as an administrator:

Go to Windows Search from the Start menu (Windows icon).

Type "cmd" and then right-click on the entry "Prompt".

Select the "Run as Administrator" menu item.

Now insert the following command line into the command line: sfc /scannow

Confirm your entry by pressing Enter to start the verification process. Leave the command prompt window open until the check is complete and SFC has notified you of the results.

But first try to check if your System is really uptodate (via Windows Update and important for the XBOX Services via Store APP) and try to install the games via the Store App.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi again and thanks for keeping us informed, Maybe the hdd F got failures check this via scandisk! Got all HDD the same file system (NTFS/FAT32) what is the differents between them? So we get more Information why it does not work.
  5. Samuel Rodrigues Win User

Thanks for the help! I tried installing the game on the C drive and that worked. I also tried installing on my third drive (the D drive) and that also worked. However, both of those drives don't have much storage space and I need to use the F drive (the
    one that gives the error) to store my games. Is there any way to fix this issue? Thanks!
  6. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi again, only to rule out that it is due to a slow connection you should try
    another DNS server (e.g. OpenDNS, Google). And if your cable is too short, you could also try to use your phone as a hotspot
    (also only for testing purposes). But I think you belong to the group of users who have to wait for an update. Or did you try to install the games to other drive than C (Some users reported they have to install at C:)?

Really sorry but keep us informed
Thema:

1. Error code 0x80070057 when installing almost all Game Pass games (PC) - Similar Threads - Error code 0x80070057

2. Error Code 0x8b100042

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x8b100042: I installed Minecraft and tried to play it and game me the error code 0x8b100042 so I tried to find the meaning of the code and came up with nothing.
  3. purchased content on movies and TV shows not playing - error code 0x80190191

in XBoX Games and Apps
    purchased content on movies and TV shows not playing - error code 0x80190191: I can't play any of my purchased movies or TV shows, and keep getting the error code 0x80190191 with the message that a username and password are required. I have signed out and back in to my...
  4. Game Pass PC error code 0x80070057

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass PC error code 0x80070057: So essentially all of the games that I've been trying to download on Game Pass won't download and gives me this error code. 57139dbe-b02e-49f2-b23f-bdb29ca196ee
  5. Error code: 0x80070057 On Xbox PC App

in XboX Insiders
    Error code: 0x80070057 On Xbox PC App: When trying to download two games, Mutant Year Zero, and Orwell, I am getting this error code in the Xbox(beta) pc app. I have tried scouring the web and have found multiple things. I have...
  6. Error code 0x80070057

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070057: I’ve had call of duty world war 2 ever since it has come out and one day there was a update for it but the game never updated. So I uninstalled it but when I reinstall it the game shows in my...
  7. Gears of War 4 Error Code 0x80070057

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 Error Code 0x80070057: Hello guys, you are my last chance to fix this problem. I bought Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition in August. I installed it, it worked very well. After 2 months I tried to update it.... error code...
  8. Error code 0x80070057 call of duty ghost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070057 call of duty ghost: Since call of duty ghost was on sale this week I have bought the digital hardened edition. However I cannot download it when I press the install button in the store gives my the error code...
  9. Error code 0x80070057

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80070057: Got my son call of duty 3 for Xbox one game only half download then just stopped, it’s no longer in qued and is in his list of games but when he clicks on it this error code comes on. Anyone help...
  10. Error code 0x80070057 when trying to play Halo wars 2. Tried everything i know to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80070057 when trying to play Halo wars 2. Tried everything i know to do: Hi, Recently i have been trying to play Halo Wars 2. But when i launch it i get the error code 0x8070057. Now, i'm not making this post before having tried everything i Know to do. Here's a list...