Error Code 0x800704cf

Discus and support Error Code 0x800704cf in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I received this Error when turning on my console this morning. I have tried all the basic trouble shooting methods: Hard resets for both my console and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Combatant0Rogue, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Error Code 0x800704cf

I received this Error when turning on my console this morning. I have tried all the basic trouble shooting methods: Hard resets for both my console and my router, checked other devices connected to my wireless network, signed into my xbox live account both
    on another console and online at xbox.com, checked the code the support site and I've scrolled through a handful of unhelpful post on this forum.

I cannot connect to the console via a wired connection, nor can I connect to a hotspot. So, skipping all those steps please, is there anything else I can do to resolve this issue.

:)

Combatant0Rogue, Sep 13, 2019
  2. CrYpTic PuckZ Win User

Code error 00000000

I've had a very similar issue trying to sign into my account for several days. Though when I try, I get error code 0x800704cf.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Error code 0x800704cf

Hi Soiledcape9918,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issue.

From your description, you will need to try a soft factory reset to do all the troubleshooting that is available. The console's OS is probably corrupted and needs to be reset. Before doing that,
    go ahead and do a hard restart and power cycle.
    Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect
    to your network during the reset.

Let us know the results!
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Error Code 0x800704cf

Hello Rogue,

If your console is experiencing trouble with connecting to any network type, considering you have mentioned already trying an ethernet cord and a hotspot, it may mean that the network card within the console is not functioning as it should, and the console
    would need to be repaired.

You can request a repair either through our getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced support
    article, or through our Customer Support Team.

For further information you can always use the contact us linked above to discuss other options, or other possibilities when it comes to this case.

Best wishes!
  5. Combatant0Rogue Win User

Error Code 0x800704cf

Hello Felix,

I did exactly as you said and while going through the motions of setting up the console I reached the update section where it "look[ed] for an update" for about 5 minutes. Then gave me a new error: "There was a problem with the update" Error code 0x8b0500b6
    0x00000000 0x00000201 .

Now I haven't looked into this Error code yet, but my instincts tell me that the original issue (that this was supposed to solve) not being able to connect to the internet is now made it unable to download this update.

So I still have the first problem and now I can no longer interact with the console as well as deleted all of my accounts, games, apps, and saved data.

What is the next suggestion?

Thanks,

Rogue
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Error Code 0x800704cf

"What is the next suggestion?"

Try taking the console to a friends or neighbors place and use there network with ethernet cable connection.

If it works at least you have functioning xbox that you can access settings.

If you then go use your network and the issue reappears, check your network.
Thema:

Error Code 0x800704cf

1. Error Code 0x800704cf - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x800704cf

2. Error code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code: So is this a microsoft issue or do we need to do something special on our end? Cause i might switch to ps4 if this mess continues, i have had so many issues with having an xbox that sometimes it...
  3. Error code 0x800704cf

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x800704cf: I went to get online the day, and was met with this error code 0x800704cf which said that I wasn't connected to the internet. Ok, I'll just restart and see what happens. Same thing. restart again,...
  4. Error Code 0x800704cf when signing in to x box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code 0x800704cf when signing in to x box: Recently changed network providers from sky to talktalk. No issues for a week with wifi etc, then suddenly yesterday, my son comes across this error code when signing in. i check internet...
  5. I can't sign in on the Xbox App, says I need internet. Error code: 0x800704cf

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't sign in on the Xbox App, says I need internet. Error code: 0x800704cf: Really frustrating. I tried resetting, reparing and redownloading. I even repaired and reset Microsoft Store. 1d4984d7-96b5-4ad1-803f-4c1bde039be8
  6. 0x800704cf error code on my xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    0x800704cf error code on my xbox one x: Started having major connection issues when I started bf1 today. Unplugged my modem, router, did full power cycle on xbox and when I restarted it I got this error message...
  7. We had this error code and solved the problem (0x800704cf)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We had this error code and solved the problem (0x800704cf): We had this error code and the message said we needed to be connected to internet. However, when we checked our connection everything seemed fine. My youngest son walked in, said "I know how to...
  8. Error Code 0x800704cf

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code 0x800704cf: Split from this thread. I have the exact same problem, i just changed my broadband to sky after using virgin and everything you said is happening to me also 53c029bd-255a-422c-8e81-cbcab10ee664
  9. Error Code 0x800704cf

in XBoX on Windows
    Error Code 0x800704cf: Hi, Recently, I have been struggling to sign in on the Xbox Windows 10 desktop app. Everytime I try and sign in It brings up the error code in the title. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance....
  10. Error code: 0x800704cf...,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code: 0x800704cf...,: I got this error code: 0x800704cf while trying to log into my XB1 today on 4-3-17 and this is what the Error & Status Code Search-engine/page here on Xbox.com told me: ("Sorry! No Support articles...