(Error code: 0x80073cf9) Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 using Game Pass for PC (Windows 10)

Discus and support (Error code: 0x80073cf9) Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 using Game Pass for PC (Windows 10) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I was downloading the game just fine at first. However, when I closed the Xbox App and reopened it at a later time (after rebooting) the download... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ism_99, Nov 17, 2021.

1. ism_99
    ism_99 Guest

(Error code: 0x80073cf9) Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 using Game Pass for PC (Windows 10)

Hi,

I was downloading the game just fine at first. However, when I closed the Xbox App and reopened it at a later time (after rebooting) the download wouldn't continue. Moreover, it was vanished from my download queue.

I tried to restart the download by finding the game on Xbox App and clicking install. This time, it got stuck on "Preparing 0%" phase. When I tried to download it through the Microsoft Store App, it gave the error 0x80073cf9. Trying to download the game through "Xbox Game Pass" mobile app didn't work either.

I tried almost everything apart from a clean install of Windows. Checking for Windows updates, troubleshooting Windows Apps, Repairing/Resetting the Xbox App, Gaming Services, Microsoft Store itself, SFC scan... But none of them worked.

This is what happens now whenever I try to install the game through the Xbox App: "Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition" gets stuck at "Preparing 0%", then vanishes after a minute or so. The other "Forza Horizon 5" says "Downloading" for two seconds then gives the error with the code I shared.
    (Error code: 0x80073cf9) Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 using Game Pass for PC (Windows 10) [​IMG]

A couple important notes:

- I have no problem downloading other games. This only happens with "Forza Horizon 5".

- I was trying to install the game on a non-Windows drive. When it failed the first time and vanished from my download queue, ~100GB from my hard drive was still allocated to it. So I went and forcefully deleted the "WindowsApps" folder crated on that drive.

- There is currently 315GB free space on my HDD and 220GB on my SSD(Windows). I tried installing the game on both, but the outcome is the same.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

:)

ism_99, Nov 17, 2021
  2. ism_99 Win User

I did. And then what should I do?
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Ism welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Okay try this: Open the Settings app (the gear in the start menu)

Open Accounts

Click Sign-in Options

Scroll down to Privacy

Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

Restart your PC
  4. ironmike6666 Win User

Hello there ! do you still have this issue? Forza Horizon 5 is one of the most anticipated games of the year, but the launch has not been without issues. If you are dealing with an install error where the section of Game Pass that should say “Downloading” is actually saying error, or pending, then we have some steps for you to try.

The first is the most basic is to simply stop the download and then try again, and will hopefully resolve the issue for you. If not, it’s time for more detailed attempts to fix the issue.

• Go to Start Menu, then Settings followed by Apps, and finally Microsoft Store/Xbox/Gaming Services
    • Click on the relevant app name from the options above
    • Advanced Options
    • Repair
    • If this does not work, try Reset
    Hopefully, the above will resolve the issue for you, but if not, you will need to try the more detailed steps below. These are direct from the Microsoft support page and will walk you through resolving the problem.

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again
  5. Zero420override Win User

Gamepass for PC - Unable to download Crackdown 3

6. Micro666 Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Disappeared from library

You're lucky!! I have the anniversary update, and my pc and drivers are fully up to date. I can't even start the download, well I can by going to the Store, and to "My Library", but it downloads to 30MB, then stops with error 0x80073CF9.

No matter what I try I cannot install Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition. I redeemed a code on my XB1, and it's all working there, however looking at my purchase history on the MS website, FH3 is not shown?

Yet, in the Windows 10 Store, Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition is shown as being owned by me, as is the Standard Edition (part of the bundle), yet I have no install option (just a message "only available as part of a bundle").

I'm glad I have the game on the XB1, so was playing late last night, but I'd quite like the game to also work on my PC, for those times when the rest of my family are using the XB1 for something else.
Thema:

1. (Error code: 0x80073cf9) Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 using Game Pass for PC (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Error code 0x80073cf9

2. Xbox App Error code 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Error code 0x80073cf9: Hello So, I was wanting to download forager on the Xbox app via gamepass but, I got the error code 0x80073cf9. I looked on the event viewer and saw that I had a couple new errors and they read...
  3. Error code 0x80073cf9 while trying to install Forza Horizon 5 in the game pass in xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80073cf9 while trying to install Forza Horizon 5 in the game pass in xbox app.: I tried to install the Forza Horizon 5 in the pre installation and the error 0x80073cf9 appeared, I didn't cared at that time but in November 9th I tried to install the game and the same error...
  4. Error code 0x80073cf9 installing Sea Of Thieves

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x80073cf9 installing Sea Of Thieves: I've just recently bought Sea Of Thieves from the Xbox app on my PC. I tried installing Sea Of Thieves, and it starts installing for a couple seconds and then it stops and says error code...
  5. How do I resolve error code 0x80073cf9?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I resolve error code 0x80073cf9?: I turned on my computer and tried to run Sea of Thieves, it didn't launch. I restarted my computer, It still didn't launch. I tried to reset the game in Windows settings, that just uninstalled it...
  6. Error code 0x80073cf9 glitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80073cf9 glitch?: So i update a couple of games and suddenly they begin to stop working and “were having trouble with this” and i tells me to unistall my applications so some uninstall and show the same message but...
  7. Error Code 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80073cf9: How do i fix this error, I have tried multiple times uninstalling and reinstalling the game and have restarted my Xbox one multiple times as well. This error is very frustrating and i want to have...
  8. Getting error code 0x80073cf9 for Microsoft store update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting error code 0x80073cf9 for Microsoft store update: How should i solve this issue i havent been able to download this update for the store for hours need help 92d09393-a1fe-4321-8ec3-16a536c80632
  9. cant install xbox apps error code 0x80073cf9

in XboX Insiders
    cant install xbox apps error code 0x80073cf9: Getting error code on certain apps, ie...twitch, youtube, youtube tv...app tries to update and stops installation. I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall the apps but still getting the same...
  10. Error code 0x80073CF9

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80073CF9: Does anyone know what this error code mean? i get trying to update my gow4 on the pc d3a71041-5ecd-47e0-ad68-25b907dfd7dd