Error code 0x80073cf9 while trying to install Forza Horizon 5 in the game pass in xbox app.

Discus and support Error code 0x80073cf9 while trying to install Forza Horizon 5 in the game pass in xbox app. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to install the Forza Horizon 5 in the pre installation and the error 0x80073cf9 appeared, I didn't cared at that time but in November 9th I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BrunoCoste1, Nov 15, 2021.

1. BrunoCoste1
    BrunoCoste1 Guest

Error code 0x80073cf9 while trying to install Forza Horizon 5 in the game pass in xbox app.

I tried to install the Forza Horizon 5 in the pre installation and the error 0x80073cf9 appeared, I didn't cared at that time but in November 9th I tried to install the game and the same error appeared again. I have done everything to fix it, including WSreset, repair and reset the xobx and microsoft store app, stop and start some things at the services app, the troubleshooter app and some commands in cmd and the powershell.

The Forza Horizon 5 is the first app that gives that error.

Pleas help me!!

sorry if I wrote something wrong, im from Brazil Error code 0x80073cf9 while trying to install Forza Horizon 5 in the game pass in xbox app. :)

:)

BrunoCoste1, Nov 15, 2021
  2. PunishedDad Win User

Games downloaded via game pass wont open(PC)

I had the same issue with trying to open Forza Horizon 5 from game pass, would open the microsoft store to the "gaming services" page just to tell me it's already installed. Tried multiple reboots an reinstalling the xbox app. Tried the "repair" and "reset" buttons in the app settings for Forza Horizon 5 and after a reboot the xbox app won't even recognize the game is installed, asks me to install it again and then returns an error when I try (Error code: 0x00000001)
    When I try to open the app settings for Forza Horizon 5 from the start menu now it just leads to the generic apps window and doesn't locate FH5 at all.

so like what I just have > 100gig of dead space on my SSD now? nice

edit: I updated windows and tried installing FH5 to a different drive, it downloaded like 100mb of data and then recognized the game and let me open it from my SSD again. weird but ok
  3. JakeDuthie Win User

Forza Horizon 5 - Install Issues/Hard Drive Issues

I have reinstalled the xbox game pass app.

It is still showing Forza Horizon 5 as uninstalled.

When attempting to install, it shows 110gb of storage space free (I know that this should be closer to 220-230gb)- suggesting that the failed install from last night is still hogging drive space.

If I try to install Forza Horizon 5 again, it lingers on "preparing install" before failing without any error messages

It seems like there is some corrupt data somewhere that I need to clear both to free up space and allow me to reinstall the game.
  4. SamQY Win User

Windows-11 Adminstrator right required to download the app

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Part of the content of this package is not installable. Look for ''Forza horizon 5 Expansion One'' and ''Forza Horizon 5 Expansion Two'' in the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store app and try to install.

''The Welcome Pack, Car Pass and VIP Pass will not show as content when viewing Game and add-ons on devices. This is located and managed within the game itself and is available once the tutorial/first chapter is completed. Players can validate ownership by doing one of the following:

Complete the first Chapter in the game, which will unlock the content''
  5. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Incomplete download, after reboot cannot download nor can i free up space

Hi, I'm lvnley and this is what helped me and got Forza to download!
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  6. xKomemamis. Win User

FH5 wont even start downloading on Xbox Game center on PC

If the last suggestions didn't help from Jesse here is mine that helped me.
    This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.
Thema:

1. Error code 0x80073cf9 while trying to install Forza Horizon 5 in the game pass in xbox app. - Similar Threads - Error code 0x80073cf9

2. (Error code: 0x80073cf9) Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 using Game Pass for PC (Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Error code: 0x80073cf9) Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 using Game Pass for PC (Windows 10): Hi, I was downloading the game just fine at first. However, when I closed the Xbox App and reopened it at a later time (after rebooting) the download wouldn't continue. Moreover, it was vanished...
  3. Error code 0x80073cf9 installing Sea Of Thieves

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x80073cf9 installing Sea Of Thieves: I've just recently bought Sea Of Thieves from the Xbox app on my PC. I tried installing Sea Of Thieves, and it starts installing for a couple seconds and then it stops and says error code...
  4. How do I resolve error code 0x80073cf9?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I resolve error code 0x80073cf9?: I turned on my computer and tried to run Sea of Thieves, it didn't launch. I restarted my computer, It still didn't launch. I tried to reset the game in Windows settings, that just uninstalled it...
  5. Error code 0x80073cf9 glitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80073cf9 glitch?: So i update a couple of games and suddenly they begin to stop working and “were having trouble with this” and i tells me to unistall my applications so some uninstall and show the same message but...
  6. Error Code 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80073cf9: How do i fix this error, I have tried multiple times uninstalling and reinstalling the game and have restarted my Xbox one multiple times as well. This error is very frustrating and i want to have...
  7. Getting error code 0x80073cf9 for Microsoft store update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting error code 0x80073cf9 for Microsoft store update: How should i solve this issue i havent been able to download this update for the store for hours need help 92d09393-a1fe-4321-8ec3-16a536c80632
  8. cant install xbox apps error code 0x80073cf9

in XboX Insiders
    cant install xbox apps error code 0x80073cf9: Getting error code on certain apps, ie...twitch, youtube, youtube tv...app tries to update and stops installation. I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall the apps but still getting the same...
  9. Error code 0x80073CF9

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80073CF9: Does anyone know what this error code mean? i get trying to update my gow4 on the pc d3a71041-5ecd-47e0-ad68-25b907dfd7dd
  10. ERROR CODE 0x80073CF9

in XBoX on Consoles
    ERROR CODE 0x80073CF9: been ofline for 3 weeks and when starting my computer back up and signing into Windows 10 store ... I checked for updates to all Apps (27 total Apps). All apps begin the dowload phase but after a...