Error code when I attempt to move a game.

Discus and support Error code when I attempt to move a game. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to move a game that I downloaded from the game pass, from my C: Drive to my HDD. When I tried to move it through settings, I instead got... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by YourNormalNoob, May 26, 2022.

1. Error code when I attempt to move a game.

I was trying to move a game that I downloaded from the game pass, from my C: Drive to my HDD. When I tried to move it through settings, I instead got an error code (0x80073d13) So, I tried again, and did a multitude of things, such as checking if my profile was administrator or not, repairing the Microsoft store, changing the default location to my C: drive, but nothing worked. Can someone help me?

Error code when I attempt to move a game. [​IMG]

:)

YourNormalNoob, May 26, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Do you know if your HDD: drive is NTFS? Xbox App only allow games to be installed on NTFS partitions.

- Go to Start > Computer > Right Click the drive you wish to check > Properties.

- In the Disk Properties window, you will see it next to File system.

If it's FAT32, just convert it to NTFS:

Open a command prompt window by typing Command prompt in the Windows search box. Right click on it and Run as administrator. Type:

convert PARTITION: /fs:ntfs

Press Enter to being the process.

The file system conversion process should not take very long and the on-screen details are fairly intuitive.

Once completed, your FAT32 drive will be converted to NTFS. Close the Command Prompt window and you’re all done.
  3. YourNormalNoob Win User

I did not try to copy and paste the files, instead I went on settings and clicked "Move" on the application. The problem with redownloading the software is that my HDD does not show up on Xbox.
  4. YourNormalNoob Win User

I have a exFAT, and the command prompt said that I can't convert EXFAT drives.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

You will need to format it. Try this comand instead:

format PARTITION: /FS: NTFS

Let me know how it goes.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, YourNormalNoob. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

How are you trying to move the game? By copy and paste the game folder on the other drive/partition? Or have you tried to uninstall the game and install it on the other drive/partition?

I ask because most games do not allow users to move the game folder from one location to another. They do this because this can cause errors with the game since the folder/path changes but the registry entries and commands do not follow this change.

You can try to go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > (Game Title) > Move. But your best option is to try to uninstall and then install the game again on the correct drive/partition. If this still does not work or if you have any question, please let me know.
Thema:

1. Error code when I attempt to move a game. - Similar Threads - Error code attempt

2. Error code 0x87e00198 when attempting to update any title in Xbox Windows app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e00198 when attempting to update any title in Xbox Windows app: No information online concerning this error code. No title is able to update for me at the moment. Uninstalling the title then attempting to reinstall does not help....
  3. Windows store error code 0x80070005 when attempting to download game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows store error code 0x80070005 when attempting to download game: Tried all solutions on internet basically, even did windows media installation but keep files and apps still does not work. 9e616278-76e0-4ed0-a614-a62711b544c6
  4. MSFS 2020 - Error Code 0x87E00017 upon attempt to install

in XBoX on Windows
    MSFS 2020 - Error Code 0x87E00017 upon attempt to install: Hello everyone. I went to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator about a week ago, and upon getting to the main menu, was told that I needed to update the game. I closed the game, went to the...
  5. Xbox 360 receives error code 80151904 attempting to connect to Xbox live.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 receives error code 80151904 attempting to connect to Xbox live.: This is a well documented Xbox 360 issue. First let me say the device was working 4-7 months ago and had worked for 2-3 years. I never had a connection problem and had been connecting wirelessly...
  6. Continually receiving Error Code 104 when attempting to launch Microsoft Solitaire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Continually receiving Error Code 104 when attempting to launch Microsoft Solitaire: I get the error code message every time I attempt to open Solitaire, both on my Android tablet and on my Windows 10 laptop. Things were fine only a couple of days ago. This is a recent and highly...
  7. error code: 0x80073cf3 while attempting to download the outer worlds

in XBoX on Windows
    error code: 0x80073cf3 while attempting to download the outer worlds: I'm attempting to download the outer worlds for PC on the Xbox (Beta) app but it keeps failing at 0% with the error code 0x80073cf3. The only thing i've found with this code seems to be tied to...
  8. 8C150009 error code on Xbox 360 when attempting to remove a payment method

in XBoX Accessibility
    8C150009 error code on Xbox 360 when attempting to remove a payment method: I just wanted to change my region I have to remove expired payment methods but it shows this error code 2bf982e7-6fb2-4e16-93a0-2517f806ca68
  9. Error Code received when attempting to download DLC Pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code received when attempting to download DLC Pack: I have an Xbox One, and an Xbox Live Gold Account. I own the Call of Duty WWII game. When attempting to download the newest DLC pack, Shadow War, I receive the following message: Code:...
  10. Got error code: 80153021 when attempting to purchase DLC for Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got error code: 80153021 when attempting to purchase DLC for Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360).: Hello, to whom this may concern,...