Error code when setting up

Discus and support Error code when setting up in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Error code when setting up 0x80072F8F 0x00000000 is the error code 443f79c4-2c2f-49df-bad2-ba510d60f126 Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by AdamBecker1, Dec 15, 2019.

1. AdamBecker1
    AdamBecker1 Guest

:)

AdamBecker1, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Jos_O Win User

I (and apparently others) have the same problem, and a reset of the Xbox One S didn't resolve the issue.

The "Xbox One: Messages" service appears to be down, see:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Would that be the problem? It was reported on Dec 2nd.
  3. KiiGradient Win User

According to official support pages, 0x80072F8F is an error that occurs when the console isn't able to connect to Xbox Live.

You can read the article here,
    if you wish.

Otherwise, if you verified your internet connection is not interfering with Xbox's update functionality, and it still won't update, you can try to

factory reset your console.
    This will delete all data and reset settings back to their defaults, but that shouldn't matter since you were not able to set up your Xbox in the first place. You want to follow
    "Reset using a USB flash drive", since I am assuming you do not have access to the system. You will need a sacrificial USB drive and a computer.

Hope this helps.

-Kii
  4. AdamBecker1 Win User

0x80072F8F 0x00000000

is the error code
  5. Jos_O Win User

Thank you for the info! Regarding contacting Microsoft; apparently "Phone calls and chats aren't available for this issue.", so we'll just wait and try again tomorrow.
  6. KiiGradient Win User

That might be related, although messages and updates don’t really relate to each other. It does not help that Microsoft does not have a option to report problems with updating on the status screen. Hmm.

For now, the only option is to wait until it resolves itself, or to contact Xbox Support, and maybe they’ll have the answer.
Thema:

1. Error code when setting up - Similar Threads - Error code setting

2. Error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008 when setting up a passkey

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008 when setting up a passkey: I get the error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008 when setting up a passkey on my Xbox One S. So far, support has been unhelpful. They have escalated my issue and failed to actually do anything,...
  3. "Your network settings are blocking party chat." Error code 0x8923401C

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Your network settings are blocking party chat." Error code 0x8923401C: Whenever i try to join my one specific friend's party, I either disconnect and get this message or he disconnects. Also it will not let me join him or him join me in gta 5 online. I have a good...
  4. Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS: Hi have a sony led tv 4k and sony ht-st-5000 sound bar dolby atmos etc I have my xbox one x HDMI lead connect from the xb1 to the TV and HMDI lead from the LED TV going to sound bar for sound or...
  5. xbox one - set up stuck on update error code 0-80072f8f

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox one - set up stuck on update error code 0-80072f8f: Have network connection ok, but can't access the guide page and move off the update screen. Please help? f1852c19-e0ec-4229-a27b-5e606822ca5e
  6. Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS: Hello, I have problem to set up DOLBY atmos via xboxone S. I have connected xbox one S to TVsamsung UE50NU7452UXXH via HDMI and then connected soundbar Sony HT-XF9000 to TV via ARC HDMI. When I go...
  7. Network settings nonexistent error code 0x90070490

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network settings nonexistent error code 0x90070490: There are plenty of posts on this error where you get an error code when trying to access network settings why has there been no response from xbox on how to fix it?...
  8. Running into error code 0x91d7000e when trying to set up Blu-ray Bitstream Passthrough? Check ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Running into error code 0x91d7000e when trying to set up Blu-ray Bitstream Passthrough? Check ...: If you're seeing the error 0x91d7000e when you have custom video settings and are trying to use the newly released “Blu-ray Bitstream pass-through” feature and DTS-HD playback, check out the info...
  9. Running into error code 0x91d7000e when trying to set up Blu-ray Bitstream Passthrough? Check ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Running into error code 0x91d7000e when trying to set up Blu-ray Bitstream Passthrough? Check ...: If you're seeing the error 0x91d7000e when you have custom video settings and are trying to use the newly released “Blu-ray Bitstream pass-through” feature and DTS-HD playback, check out the info...
  10. setting up my Xbox and have an error code

in XBoX on Consoles
    setting up my Xbox and have an error code: First time setting up a new Xbox One S and the error code 0xc00d0035 has come up. The error code database doesn't show anything for that code. Now what? 975f54ea-a9c2-4b69-88e5-ce6181b9821c