Error E101 / E106 can’t reset/update/boot, please help!

Discus and support Error E101 / E106 can’t reset/update/boot, please help! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So right now my XBOX ONE X is unusable. I was in the Insider Program for a while and then one day while playing, I got a notification that there was... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/zer0hvk, Dec 8, 2019.

1. /u/zer0hvk
    /u/zer0hvk Guest

So right now my XBOX ONE X is unusable.

I was in the Insider Program for a while and then one day while playing, I got a notification that there was something wrong with my saved games and that I should delete them. When I went to the System menu, the console restarted, and I got the screen with Restart, Reset, Offline update & Turn Off.

I tried resetting the console both keeping and deleting everything and it wouldn’t let me. I called Xbox support and they told me to update it offline via a USB stick, and to get out of the Insider Program as soon as I could, as it was probably the reason of my problem. So I did and it worked but I had to try it a couple of times.

Anyway this worked but then the issue came up again, and again, and again sporadically. It had been about a month since it happened and yesterday while starting up Halo: Reach, it happened again. Only now I can’t get past the Restart/Reset/Update screen anymore. Even when trying the USB Update solution.

I called support again and they said that maybe something from an Insider update is still in there and to ACTUALLY reset it I’d have to send it over to Xbox Repair.

It’s $250 dlls. regardless of the issue. And if they can’t fix it, they’ll send me a new console similar to mine, but, I have a Project Scorpio edition and I’d like to keep it, the representative told me that since they’re out of production, I probably wouldn’t get one if it came to that.

Does anyone know:

a) Anything I can do to fix it myself? HDD replacement? A different way to factory reset it?

b) If I send it out to Repair, anyone know if it will be necessary to exchange the console?

tl;dr: My XBOX ONE X is stuck supposedly because of an old Xbox Insider Update and I can’t reset it or boot it with a USB Update and I don’t want to pay $250 dlls to fix it, and if it comes to that, I‘d like to know if anyone knows if because of this issue it will be 100% necessary to exchange the console because I don’t want to lose my Project Scorpio Edition console.

Thank you!!

submitted by /u/zer0hvk
    [link] [comments]

/u/zer0hvk, Dec 8, 2019
  2. ExoSuitsAreBad Win User

Offline update won't apply

I had error E106 at startup and error E101 when trying to install offline update
  3. nhawk585 Win User

E101 & E106 - Insider Preview Bricked My Box

I have this same problem too, I get stuck on either E101 or E106 after trying all types of reset and OSU restore. I hope MS can post an updated OSU for insider builds or point us in the right direction on how to solve this
  4. Stuart Fenton aka xS Win User

xbox will not start

Hello
    I participated in the Xbox Insider Program, and my xbox crashed and did not call anymore, I tried factory reset and it appeared the error E106 00000000 80070570, I also tried the offline update through OSU1 and appeared the error E101 00000504 8B050041.
    maybe it is because the version that had in my xbox is more current than the version of OSU1, since I participated in the Insider.

what can I do to solve this problem, will I have to wait for OSU1 available on the microsoft website to arrive in the same version that I have of INSIDER?
    So, is it booting up? getting the dashboard displayed?
  5. JohnnieVan Neel Win User

Offline system update errors

Yes, i have.

Based on the E101 error i receive. But still does not help. The offline updates also gives me the E101 error over-and-over-and-over-again.

When i tried updating online, it downloaded the update but gave me an error 1% verifying update.

Is there something wrong with the offline OSU files??

Please do assist
  6. joshcle17 Win User

e106 error please help???

I have done that do I possibly need a new hard drive??
Thema:

1. Error E101 / E106 can’t reset/update/boot, please help! - Similar Threads - Error E101 E106

2. E101/E106 Error, OSU files on Xbox site are old

in XboX Insiders
    E101/E106 Error, OSU files on Xbox site are old: Could someone please upload the latest OSU files for me? I was wracking my brain for 2 days after my hard drive in my One X finally failed and now because the damn OSU1 files hasn't been updated...
  3. Xbox error codes E101- 105 offline update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox error codes E101- 105 offline update: Hello people I'm writing this here as I was told this process may be different for insiders. Today when I switched on my xbox to go on Cod I had a message pop up saying my local files did not...
  4. XBox One X somewhat frequent System Errors (E102; E101), not always resolving

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X somewhat frequent System Errors (E102; E101), not always resolving: We've had our XBox One X for about 1.5 years. It occasionally throws a System Error which in the past has been resolvable by Reset (usually keeping the accounts). Just recently there was an E102...
  5. Xbox one e101 error after hard drive replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one e101 error after hard drive replacement: I have a xbox one original and it had given me an e200 error and I looked that up and most people said it was hard drive related so I replaced the hard drive with a 500gb wd black and it worked...
  6. E101 Error. Part of the skip ahead programs

in XboX Insiders
    E101 Error. Part of the skip ahead programs: Hello, I need help with my xbox one x, I am not getting an E101 error code. I have read that I need to do a manual system update, but also read that the OSU 1 File from xbox support is not work...
  7. Error e200 and e101

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error e200 and e101: I turned on my xbox today and got error code e200. I tried everything and once i got past it with the offline update it always gets to the restart part of the update and i get error code e101. My...
  8. Xbox One (Day One) Preview Build | E101/E106 Error

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One (Day One) Preview Build | E101/E106 Error: since i got the latest Preview Build for my Console i got the E101/E106 Error msg after Starting the Console. I downloaded the OSU1 on 2 different Flashdrives but the Console wont Update or...
  9. Error E101 Xbox One X - xbox insider skip ahead OSU1 Not Work

in XboX Insiders
    Error E101 Xbox One X - xbox insider skip ahead OSU1 Not Work: Good evening, My xbox console one x stopped working after a system update. I am an Insider and always contribute to the best of the community. Giving accurate feedback and bug reports, but today I...
  10. Error E101 Xbox One X - xbox insider skip ahead OSU1 Not Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error E101 Xbox One X - xbox insider skip ahead OSU1 Not Work: Good evening, My xbox console one x stopped working after a system update. I am an Insider and always contribute to the best of the community. Giving accurate feedback and bug reports, but today...