Error reading game discs

Discus and support Error reading game discs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I talked to Ayu (Ayuh) who helped me do a factory reset for my XBOX One since it's not reading games (it reads BluRay and DVDs just fine). It worked,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VgSVgS, Nov 8, 2019.

1. VgSVgS
    VgSVgS Guest

Error reading game discs

I talked to Ayu (Ayuh) who helped me do a factory reset for my XBOX One since it's not reading games (it reads BluRay and DVDs just fine). It worked, but then I turned off my console and when I came back home and turned it on again, the problem persisted.
    I think it's not the disc drive since, if I restart the system, it reads the game discs just fine. This is happening since the latest update. I tried deleting my account and adding it again, nothing. I have no idea what's causing this... can anyone help me?

:)

VgSVgS, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Sab3r One Win User

Issues with Lego Batman2

If you are getting a disc read error message, try your game out on another Xbox 360. This will tell you if it is an issue with the disc itself, or the console. Disc read errors are a physical issue, clearing cache would not help with that.
  3. Irixion Win User

Xbox 360 HDD preventing game from reading

If it gives you a disc is unreadable error, then the game is having a read error. The console assumes that the HDD will always have proper (no error) reads. If the game is on your HDD and it gives you that error, it could mean your HDD is starting to flake
    out. If the game is read off of the disc, then something else is causing it to give you the error. Free up some room on your HDD and try to install the game.
  4. medium bloke Win User

STRANGE Unreadable Disc Whats the problem? :S

Does any other game work? If not it could be that it's a disc drive error with reading discs...
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

RAGE backcompat error 0X8082000c

6. xTye Win User

** PROFILE CORRUPTIONS, Installed games unreadable - HELP! **

Just something I wanted to add: Even when a game is installed, it reads the disc to ensure you have the game in the drive. Failure to read the disc will pop up the Unreadable Disc error. It's the disc you have, not the installed game having a problem.
Thema:

Error reading game discs

1. Error reading game discs - Similar Threads - Error reading game

2. Error: Unable to read the disk ... Note Game AC ROGUE - Game With Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error: Unable to read the disk ... Note Game AC ROGUE - Game With Gold: Hello dear! I come through this contact to inform that the game AC Rogue and NFS Carbons, both available for download "Games With Gold" have error, both games guide restart the console and clean...
  3. Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.: Split from this thread. Same problem here. I have been playing the game for about six months and i am very sad to see my grind to power 600 ended. When I log in, it goes through the regular...
  4. Running into an error when purchasing games from the Xbox 360 Marketplace? Read This!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Running into an error when purchasing games from the Xbox 360 Marketplace? Read This!: Note: If you're looking to purchase Call of Duty: Black Ops, please be advised that the current purchase options are Xbox 360 console and Xbox.com. Hey everyone! Are you running into errors...
  5. Borderlands 1 Games with Gold Disc Read Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 1 Games with Gold Disc Read Error: I've been having some problems with downloading this game. The first time I got it, the game froze and gave me a disc read error in the opening scene. After deleting it and attempting to...
  6. Skyrim disc read error when loading save... on a downloaded game!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim disc read error when loading save... on a downloaded game!: A digital code for Skyrim came with my Xbox 360 (I got the 2012 or 11 holiday bundle a few years back) and I've played 180 hours of Skyrim on just one character, but recently it wouldn't launch,...
  7. Cant Read Disc Error Message For Digital Copy Of Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Read Disc Error Message For Digital Copy Of Game: This is the 4th time this has happened, I download GoW:Judgement from Games With Gold play the game for a while and in the middle of going through the game I get the " cant read disc error message...
  8. 4th Time Getting Cant Read Disc Error Message For Games With Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4th Time Getting Cant Read Disc Error Message For Games With Gold: This has been happening for the past couple months, I download a game from Games With Gold play the game for a while and in the middle of going through the game I get the " cant read disc error...
  9. Bioshock Infinite Games for Gold Disc Read Error?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bioshock Infinite Games for Gold Disc Read Error?: when I try to start it up it goes to the update download then a second screen appears the says it can't read the disc. if the game is digital then why does it need a disc to read?...
  10. ¡Error! can not read the disc digital games xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    ¡Error! can not read the disc digital games xbox 360: I have a xbox 360 console, I download a game from the platform and when I start it, I get an error message saying: "can not read the disk" I have tried many things, erasing the cache, installing...