Error when connecting to Multiplayer. "There was a problem checking your account privileges"

Discus and support Error when connecting to Multiplayer. "There was a problem checking your account privileges" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am constantly getting this error in State of Decay 2 when trying to connect to multiplayer. My Xbox Live account is linked to Steam and my firewall... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GameDan53, Aug 6, 2022 at 3:32 AM.

1. GameDan53
    GameDan53 Guest

Error when connecting to Multiplayer. "There was a problem checking your account privileges"

I am constantly getting this error in State of Decay 2 when trying to connect to multiplayer.

My Xbox Live account is linked to Steam and my firewall is turned off. Xbox Networking is connected and I am logged into the same Xbox Live account on Game Bar, the Xbox app, and the Microsoft Store. I tried reinstalling it as well.

Is there a "allow third-party software to use this Microsoft / Xbox Live account" option hidden somewhere?

Undead Labs states:

Hello,

Thanks for writing in! You will need to contact Xbox Support in order to get assistance on this. It usually has something to do with either your privacy settings, or there are interruptions on the Xbox Live Servers that might be preventing you from connecting to multiplayer. Please let us know how it goes.

Hope this helps

Undead Labs Customer Advocate
    Error when connecting to Multiplayer. "There was a problem checking your account privileges" [​IMG]

Error when connecting to Multiplayer. "There was a problem checking your account privileges" [​IMG]

:)

2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Gamedan53

Please double check your privacy settings from here:
    https://account.xbox.com/Settings

Allow everything, once you do it.
    Sign out from your account in the game, sign in and test again multi-player

Let me know how it goes, greetings buddy
  3. GameDan53 Win User

Hi JosefLBohorquez, thanks for the reply.

I allowed all privacy settings like you suggested but am still having the issue.

I got the game's multiplayer to work using the same Microsoft account on another PC, so the problem is definitely stemming from an Xbox Live client-side setting on my home PC.

I reinstalled the Xbox App, Game Bar, and Microsoft Store with no luck in-game. Fresh out of ideas...
  4. Miss Portia Win User

zune error 0x80070005

Are you the primary user on the computer? Do you perhaps have another account that has full Administrator privileges? As Mister Parks was referring to, this error occurs when an account without Administrator privileges attempts to install the Zune software.
    Can you check to see if another account on your PC has those privileges, and try installing it from that account?
  5. XBF Esteban R Win User

COD 1 access

Hello, TucsonCC!

If you don't mind, can you tell me if you get any error code when trying to access Multiplayer on COD1?

Also, it's best that you check your NAT type as well and make sure that it's set to open. I would follow the

steps here
    and see if everything checks out alright when you test your multiplayer connection.

Let us know if you did get an error code, or if anything strange came up when you tested your multiplayer connection.

Thanks!
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Multiplayer Issues

Xbox Live may not always work for all forms of multiplayer if, for example, you're using a Gold trial code. I suggest signing out of your account on the console and/or giving your console a power cycle... if you've made any major changes to your Xbox Live
    account subscription-wise.

I've also glanced at your profile and it says you're playing multiplayer on Battlefield 1 right now, which is where the "Missing multiplayer privileges" error message originates. Have you already got your problem fixed?
Thema:

1. Error when connecting to Multiplayer. "There was a problem checking your account privileges" - Similar Threads - Error connecting Multiplayer

2. Unable to connect to Gear of War online service (multiplayer) : Error Code 0x00000c1d

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to connect to Gear of War online service (multiplayer) : Error Code 0x00000c1d: Hi, I am unable to connect to gear of war multiplayer service. The error code shown in XBOX series X console is 0x00000c1d. Please advise. I purchased the xbox game pass and it's frustrating...
  3. Windows 10 Minecraft and Xbox one "Unable to Connect to world" multiplayer error

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Minecraft and Xbox one "Unable to Connect to world" multiplayer error: Me and my friend have been trying to make a world together for a couple days now and neither of us can join the other, I'm on the Windows 10 Edition and he's on the Xbox one edition. I've had no...
  4. Multiplayer Connection test cannot finish Error Code 0x0000000000000000

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiplayer Connection test cannot finish Error Code 0x0000000000000000: My Xbox won’t connect to multiplayer services. I have tried everything including : Power Cycle Modem Reset Changing Cable Soft Factory Reset Restarting for 5,10 and 15 minutes Signing in...
  5. Multiplayer connection error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiplayer connection error: Why does my xbox 1 say ’cant finish multiplayer tests 0x000000000000000’ but my network connectioms says great im really stuck please help f54aecfe-a4a4-4dc9-ae6d-070f864d1512
  6. : Test multiplayer connection error message

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Test multiplayer connection error message: : Test multiplayer connection error message Hi BLumat You Checked your Internet configuration in your Router to see if the NAT is All open for your Xbox or PC? Try check the Support by network...
  7. Connection error always when multiplay game with friend invite on gears of war 4.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connection error always when multiplay game with friend invite on gears of war 4.: Please tell me how to solve this problem. I have two xboxone in the room. One is xboxone X (I play), the other is xboxone S (friend plays). 1. I and friend launch gears of war 4 on each...
  8. Error when running test multiplayer connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error when running test multiplayer connection: My Xbox One S says that my NAT type is Unavailable. When I run Test Multiplayer connection, it says Your network is good, but there may be matchmaking issues. When I go to network settings under...
  9. minecraft windows 10 edition multiplayer error unable connect to world !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft windows 10 edition multiplayer error unable connect to world !: Please Help Me unable connect to world ! cb45138a-b563-4aa9-a800-e5b75095b281
  10. Multiplayer Connection Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiplayer Connection Error: Error Code 0x0000000000000000, network connection is fine, but it won't let me complete the multiplayer/online connection. It also will not let me open my settings. It says back up and try again,...