Error when Starting a Game

Discus and support Error when Starting a Game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I try to start up a game and it says that to do this I need to "change a setting" which apparently lies under privacy and online safety...anyone got... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scotttie44, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Scotttie44
    Scotttie44 Guest

I try to start up a game and it says that to do this I need to "change a setting" which apparently lies under privacy and online safety...anyone got any tips or help?

:)

Scotttie44, Sep 6, 2019
  2. BoskaPongen Win User

Error when starting game.

After hours and hours we finally got his game to run, it maybe helps someone else.

On his it was in the region setting in Windows 10 control panel, Changed to English (United States) , restart and BooM! worked. Good luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Literally all it says is that I need to "change a setting" and that I can find it in Settings>Account>Privacy and Online Safety...no specifics or error codes
    I'm honestly not sure what the issue could be. I've tried searching around, found a couple topics, but no real solutions that I know of yet.

One that I keep seeing though is to try changing your settings back to the adult default.

For example, here is a topic I found on Reddit from a year ago:

https://old.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...tore_not_working_to_do_this_change_a/e4auy9y/
  4. TheSuperTonza94 Win User

Error when starting game.

I can't either. Only differense here is that mine only closing with no errors.
  5. Miku Sakuya Win User

Is your account perhaps labeled as a child or teen account if your trying to play a rated m game and maybe your account is younger than it is it could be doing that but maybe you have before played a rated m game but I'd check anyway you never know random
    things happen
  6. Untamed Queen Win User

contact xbox support maybe they can help you out
Thema:

1. Error when Starting a Game - Similar Threads - Error Starting Game

2. Erro ao iniciar jogos no xbox para pc [Error starting games on xbox for pc]

in XBoX on Windows
    Erro ao iniciar jogos no xbox para pc [Error starting games on xbox for pc]: Ola, baixei o aplicativo Xbox na Microsoft store, assinei o passe de jogos por 13,99, instalei o jogo forza horizon 4, e quando eu clico para abrir, ele abre e fecha novamente, gostaria de...
  3. Erro ao iniciar jogos[Translation-Error starting games]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Erro ao iniciar jogos[Translation-Error starting games]: Não consigo iniciar alguns jogos digitais, exemplo the hunter, que comprei via game pass, gera erro de tempo de execução. Porém outros jogos rodam normal. Alguém poderia me ajudar? [Translation-I...
  4. Game Start-Up error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Start-Up error: I've had this issue for a while, and can not seem to find a solution online at all. I'll install a game, but when I try and launch it, I get the following error... Not enough space To install...
  5. Getting error took to long to start 0x8027025@ on many of my games Xbox one x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting error took to long to start 0x8027025@ on many of my games Xbox one x: Already tried 1 holding power bittion gor 10 15 seconds to reboot and clear cashe 2 powering down unplugging for 10 min up to 30 min 3 romoving account then adding it back 4 reseting exbox...
  6. Xbox One X - 360-Games not starting, Error-Code 0x80070002

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X - 360-Games not starting, Error-Code 0x80070002: Hey all! I just got my used Xbox One X yesterday and wanted to play Red Dead Redemption, which I had in my account since I sold my Xbox 360 a few years ago. Everything worked fine while setting...
  7. Xbox Game Bar, error first start-up

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar, error first start-up: Hello, I bought a pc gamer a few days ago. Wanting to open the XBOX GAME BAR to join my friends in a game, 2 error messages appear. By clicking OK on both errors, the app is still functional but...
  8. Game won't start (error 0x80070002)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't start (error 0x80070002): I just downloaded an xbox 360 version of Halo Reach onto my xbox one S but once it finished installing it wouldn't let me start it. It keeps telling me something went wrong and gives the error...
  9. Xbobx restart while starting the game without showing any error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbobx restart while starting the game without showing any error: i downloaded Fifa 2020 via my account (so no CD) after clicking the game it look like while its loading the xbox make restart without showing any error 6d34c1ae-da03-4ed5-8081-490e914812d7
  10. Solution for Error 0x80070005 and Games won't start on Game Pass PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Solution for Error 0x80070005 and Games won't start on Game Pass PC.: Hi, if you are having one of this issues or both try setting your user pc (windows/microsoft account) as adminitrator, some games need adminitrator permisson to be executed. Also you can link a...