Error when Starting a Game

Discus and support Error when Starting a Game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I try to start up a game and it says that to do this I need to "change a setting" which apparently lies under privacy and online safety...anyone got... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scotttie44, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Scotttie44
    Scotttie44 Guest

I try to start up a game and it says that to do this I need to "change a setting" which apparently lies under privacy and online safety...anyone got any tips or help?

:)

Scotttie44, Sep 6, 2019
  2. BoskaPongen Win User

Error when starting game.

After hours and hours we finally got his game to run, it maybe helps someone else.

On his it was in the region setting in Windows 10 control panel, Changed to English (United States) , restart and BooM! worked. Good luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Literally all it says is that I need to "change a setting" and that I can find it in Settings>Account>Privacy and Online Safety...no specifics or error codes
    I'm honestly not sure what the issue could be. I've tried searching around, found a couple topics, but no real solutions that I know of yet.

One that I keep seeing though is to try changing your settings back to the adult default.

For example, here is a topic I found on Reddit from a year ago:

https://old.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...tore_not_working_to_do_this_change_a/e4auy9y/
  4. TheSuperTonza94 Win User

Error when starting game.

I can't either. Only differense here is that mine only closing with no errors.
  5. Miku Sakuya Win User

Is your account perhaps labeled as a child or teen account if your trying to play a rated m game and maybe your account is younger than it is it could be doing that but maybe you have before played a rated m game but I'd check anyway you never know random
    things happen
  6. Untamed Queen Win User

contact xbox support maybe they can help you out
Thema:

1. Error when Starting a Game - Similar Threads - Error Starting Game

2. Xbobx restart while starting the game without showing any error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbobx restart while starting the game without showing any error: i downloaded Fifa 2020 via my account (so no CD) after clicking the game it look like while its loading the xbox make restart without showing any error 6d34c1ae-da03-4ed5-8081-490e914812d7
  3. Solution for Error 0x80070005 and Games won't start on Game Pass PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Solution for Error 0x80070005 and Games won't start on Game Pass PC.: Hi, if you are having one of this issues or both try setting your user pc (windows/microsoft account) as adminitrator, some games need adminitrator permisson to be executed. Also you can link a...
  4. Error Code 0x903f9006 GAMES WONT START

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x903f9006 GAMES WONT START: I've searched up this code already and found other people asking the same thing, but all there is are replies from moderators saying to check this link...
  5. Error starting my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error starting my game: My gta 5 isn't working when I try to start it 3819436a-0290-47f2-aa2a-1f39512ee06d
  6. Error al iniciar un juego 6 de agosto[Translation-Error starting a game August 6]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error al iniciar un juego 6 de agosto[Translation-Error starting a game August 6]: Al iniciar un juego aparece un codigo: 0x97e107df, busco ese código y muestra que el código no existe. Que puedo hacer? [Translation-When starting a game a code appears: 0x97e107df, I look for...
  7. Xbox Starting Games Unknown Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Starting Games Unknown Error: Hi, I keep getting a message telling me to give it another try. If it happens again visit xbox./errorhelp and enter the following code: 0x97e107df When i go to xbox.com and search that code it...
  8. Error "The game couldn't not start"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error "The game couldn't not start": Hi! I bought the 'Prince of Persia' and it dosn't work. I did all points from this article: https://support.xbox.com/ru-RU/xbox-360/errors/game-could-not-start and nothing. I don't know what I...
  9. File System Error (-2015294512) when starting games from Xbox Game Pass PC App

in XBoX on Windows
    File System Error (-2015294512) when starting games from Xbox Game Pass PC App: Hello. I was able to play one game successfully so far with the new Xbox beta Game Pass PC App. Every other game I've been able to install but when I try to launch and play them I get that File...
  10. Game does not start: error 0x803f8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game does not start: error 0x803f8001: I bought a game code for Read Dead Redemption for XBOX One. I activated it in the store and it worked. I Installed it from the store but when i start it, i get the error 0x803f8001. If i uninstall...