Ethernet cable is not being recognized

Discus and support Ethernet cable is not being recognized in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Ethernet cable is not being recognized My console can connect via wireless, the cable works on another system, but my xbox one does not recognize the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Need A Handy, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Need A Handy
    Need A Handy Guest

My console can connect via wireless, the cable works on another system, but my xbox one does not recognize the cable atall.

:)

Need A Handy, Jan 15, 2018
  2. Xbox will not recognize ethernet cable

My xbox will not recognize my ethernet cable being plugged into it. Cable works fine, have already tested it with my computer and modem. Problem might be ethernet port related? Any help or suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.

Willystyle247, Jan 15, 2018
  3. VibroPlex
    VibroPlex Guest
    Ethernet Cable Not Recognized.

If you decide to buy the new console Ethernet cable is not being recognized :) then you don't need a transfer cable to move the files... an ordinary USB flash drive will do to move your profile and your offline game saves, you can redownload a profile from XBL, and everything else you need to
    use the License Transfer option before you redownload it from Download History under Account Management.

And, your homeowners insurance policy _may_ cover the replacement.

VibroPlex, Jan 15, 2018
  4. SaintAvalon Win User

Ethernet cable not recognized

Actually can you test another wire and port first? This could potentially fix the issue and report back if this helps.
  5. VibroPlex Win User

6. VibroPlex Win User

Jaska, appreciate your taking the bull by the horns and doing the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Is the cable a known good cable? Has it worked on a PC or other device?

If so, then try another port on your modem or router.

If that does not help, then unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the Xbox, get a flashlight, and look for bent or misaligned pins in the Ethernet socket; there should be eight pins, angled back about 30 degrees.

Should that all fail, then contact Xbox Customer Support and ask for a Hardware Agent.
  7. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Ethernet cable not recognized

Hey there Giacomo, I'm sorry to hear about your problem. It sounds like there is a problem with the Ethernet Port on your Xbox 360 Console. Do you have a WiFi adapter for the Xbox 360 somewhere that you can use to try if that does make a connection? Regards,
    SamxBroski
  8. Jaska95-2D086C6F-E87 Win User

I tested two cabels and none of them worked on xbox. Also tried different ports but that did not help.

I maybe have figured this out. There was thunder storm last night and i have left "Internet/Phone socket (Don't know what to call it) on by accident. I,m pretty sure that thunder fried it.

I have three years old 60Gb pro so i,m probably just gonna get new 250gb slim :).
Thema:

1. Ethernet cable is not being recognized - Similar Threads - Ethernet cable being

2. D-Link DCM-202: Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable

in XboX Networking Hardware
    D-Link DCM-202: Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable: D-Link DCM-202 (Modem): Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable You could get a wifi repeater that has ethernet ports, and tether that to the router. Never seen a router without ethernet ports...
  3. Network- Ethernet cable suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network- Ethernet cable suddenly stopped working: The cable works on other devices. Ive been using this for months on the zbox and now its just stopped working when i run tests it says it cannot connect to dhcp server. Ive ran all the solutions,...
  4. Ethernet cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ethernet cable: So i got an ethernet cable for internet speed to be more reliable..i plugged it in my xnox one and it worked great..until the next day i turned it on and it didnt work. I run a test and it "csnt...
  5. Unable to connect to Xbox Live with an Ethernet cable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to Xbox Live with an Ethernet cable.: Hi, My name is Jason and I'm currently experiencing an odd issue with my Xbox One that I never had before. (It's almost been 9 years now on Xbox Live, 4 years with my Xbox one) To sum things up,...
  6. Issues Connecting Xbox via ethernet cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues Connecting Xbox via ethernet cable: I plugged the Ethernet cable into the Xbox and the router downstairs(have a very long cable) and the Xbox didn’t even acknowledge that I plugged in the Ethernet cable what should I do to fix...
  7. I want to stream my Xbox to my PC, I have both connected to my internet via ethernet cables.

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to stream my Xbox to my PC, I have both connected to my internet via ethernet cables.: I know I can stream my Xbox to my PC but I am so far away from my router that the connection and quality are terrible. I bought an Ethernet hub to connect both my Xbox and PC to the internet and...
  8. Problem with ethernet cable and 1gb/s speed connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with ethernet cable and 1gb/s speed connection: From 2 weeks when I test my speedtest connection on my xbox one X with nat open, I can' t run over 160 mb(s while before I run 650 mb/s. This cause me problem with xbox live games. Premise that...
  9. : Xbox one can't sign in when hard wired to router with ethernet cable?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox one can't sign in when hard wired to router with ethernet cable?: : Xbox one can't sign in when hard wired to router with ethernet cable? Hello There, Sorry for the issues with connecting. You can clear the alt mac address then try and connect. To clear the alt...
  10. ethernet cable not being regonized

in XBoX on Consoles
    ethernet cable not being regonized: hi i just bought another 360 today brand new and the xbox wont reconize that there is an ethernet cable plugged into it. ive changed out my cord and still nothing. like i said i bought this BRAND...