Ethernet connection issue

Discus and support Ethernet connection issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an original Xbox One and my Ethernet cable doesn’t connect to it even when I know it works because it connects to my PC just fine. I got an AT&T... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WestonRagan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. WestonRagan
    WestonRagan Guest

• I have an original Xbox One and my Ethernet cable doesn’t connect to it even when I know it works because it connects to my PC just fine. I got an AT&T guy to come and he checked it and agreed the Ethernet was working and the Xbox port was ok. I don’t know
      if this is a settings issue but I’m wondering how I fix this issue.

:)

WestonRagan, Mar 23, 2020
  2. RobertBuckalew Win User

ethernet connection issue

It seems the last update affected the way the xbox and the router talk , or the way the router and the xbox live servers talk , don't know really , I do know that "2 in 1 devices from my isp" were affected the most , by FAR the most...some say wired works
    now not wired , others like you say the opposite , that wireless now works and not wired ...if your comfortable doing it (if your isp dosent have it blocked) you could put the gateway in bridge mode and plug the xbox straight up and see if it works that way
  3. Guitarzan53 Win User

Ethernet connection issue!

My nat type says open on both connection types according to the xbox....its getting frustrating lol
  4. {Parity} Win User

Great news. Glad you got it working. Sometime things just need resetting to resolve the issue. Happy Gaming!
  5. zetyk-D6C01BA5-1EA1- Win User

just to add, i have had no problems with connectivity until today. its been fine since i got this unit early last month. and my last xb1 had no issues either.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Ethernet connection issue!

I had a bit of a similar issue recently. I had no issues while connected wireless but once I attached an ethernet cable I couldn't play online. Turns out it was the NAT. It was open for wireless but moderate or closed for ethernet. See if you can change
    that and it should fix your issue.
Thema:

1. Ethernet connection issue - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection issue

2. Xbox One X Ethernet Connection Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Ethernet Connection Issue: My Xbox One X has this is issue that if I plug in an Ethernet Cable into it. The Xbox does not register a cable and disconnects WiFi. After the Ethernet is pulled out; the Xbox reads connected via...
  3. Issues Connecting Xbox via ethernet cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues Connecting Xbox via ethernet cable: I plugged the Ethernet cable into the Xbox and the router downstairs(have a very long cable) and the Xbox didn’t even acknowledge that I plugged in the Ethernet cable what should I do to fix...
  4. Netcomm Netcomm NV6 Series: Xbox one Ethernet connection ipv6 issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netcomm Netcomm NV6 Series: Xbox one Ethernet connection ipv6 issue: Netcomm (Modems/Gateways) Netcomm NV6 Series: Xbox one Ethernet connection ipv6 issue In general a wired connection does work better than wifi. Higher connection speeds, less signal loss &...
  5. Issues connecting via Ethernet cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues connecting via Ethernet cable: hey, I just purchased a new Xbox one s, when connected via wireless I have no issues at all, however connecting using an Ethernet cable is proving very difficult. If I do manage to connect, by...
  6. XBOX One S: Network connectivity issues - Ethernet Packet Loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S: Network connectivity issues - Ethernet Packet Loss: For history, please refer to New Xbox One S drops network connection when in Instant On mode The above thread is locked for further additions, demonstrates a far reaching issue affecting many...
  7. Xbox One S Ethernet Connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Ethernet Connectivity Issues: For the past few months I've had intermittent issues with my Xbox One S connecting to Xbox Live when connected via ethernet cable (obviously the connection is working perfectly fine). In fact, in...
  8. Connectivity Issues with Ethernet cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connectivity Issues with Ethernet cable: My setup is a master router connected to a slave router with the slave router configured as an access point. My phone and laptop connect to the slave router wirelessly without issue. My Xbox was...
  9. One X Hardwired Internet/Ethernet Connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    One X Hardwired Internet/Ethernet Connectivity Issues: I recently replaced my original Xbox One with a new Xbox One X. As I did with the last console, I used an ethernet cord to hardwire the new console into the router. Initially, everything worked...
  10. Xbox One Ethernet Cord/Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Ethernet Cord/Connection Issues: Hello, Last night when I turned on my Xbox One I got some sort of system update. After I installed that I signed into Xbox Live and got into a party with my friends fine (and I am still able to...