: ethernet drop connection series x

Discus and support : ethernet drop connection series x in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : ethernet drop connection series x Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today. First,... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by SUMO THE MOJO, Aug 4, 2021.

1. : ethernet drop connection series x

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Could you please tell me if on other devices the connection works normally?

:)

SUMO THE MOJO, Aug 4, 2021
  2. IainRossi Win User

Slow Download Speeds

Did you manage to fix the connectivity issue? My Series X constantly drops connection to xbox live/internet despite an ethernet cable being used.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Could you please tell me if on other devices the connection works normally?
  4. MarmiteOP Win User

: Hotspot not working for series X/S

Hi

I have had similar problems with my sons series x dropping internet connection and the only way of curing this was connecting the console directly to the router with an Ethernet Cable. It now works with no issues. I hope this helps.

And to add my sons Xbox one worked perfectly on our WiFi with no issues but the series x has issues, I’ve no idea why it has these issues but the cable sorted it.

Marmite
  5. MarmiteOP Win User

Xbox series X crash

Do you mean crashes as in switches off? or back to the Home Screen? My son has had 3 series x so far! The first two randomly switching off and Microsoft said to return for refund and this latest one was dropping the internet connection by going back to the Home Screen. It seems as though my wireless internet connection wasn’t good enough even though the series x is in the same room as router. I tried using an Ethernet cable connecting the series x directly to the router and not had a problem since! I would recommend trying this. I know its not ideal in the day of WiFi but it’s worked for us and my son is happy.

I hope this helps

Marmite
  6. Blackhawks1009 Win User

Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

Im having the exact same issue with my Series X as DMcC1 though im using the modem/router provided by Spectrum Cable in western NY. Ethernet cable works fine on xbox one and any other device I connect it to, but when I connect it to the series X it will
    connect for about 2 seconds and then disconnect and tell me i dont have an ethernet cable plugged in. It then alternates between connecting for about 2 seconds and then disconnecting for a while and then repeats the process. Wireless connection seems fine.
    I guess im glad to know im not the only one.
Thema:

1. : ethernet drop connection series x - Similar Threads - ethernet drop connection

2. Network Connectivity Issues with Ethernet

in XboX Insiders
    Network Connectivity Issues with Ethernet: Why do I still continue having network connectivity issues when using a ethernet cable? My console works just fine when connected wirelessly but when connected by ethernet, it'll connect to...
  3. Xbox One X stopped detecting ethernet cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X stopped detecting ethernet cable: Hi, I've had my Xbox One X for 3 years and I've played most of the time through wired connection, some days ago I've started to have problems, my Xbox can't have a stable connection through the...
  4. forza horizon 5 disables ethernet adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    forza horizon 5 disables ethernet adapter: Every time I play this particular game using gamepass for PC The Windows 11 Ethernet adapter gets disabled, completely without internet. To troubleshoot I went to the adapter setting (Control...
  5. Wi-Fi and Ethernet Problems for Over a Year

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wi-Fi and Ethernet Problems for Over a Year: Hi all, I got my Xbox Series X in December of 2020. It is now January of 2022. I’m still having the same network issues. When I boot up my Xbox (energy saving or instant on), it usually...
  6. Connected by ethernet cable no live

in XboX Insiders
    Connected by ethernet cable no live: I'm connected to my router by ethernet cable, it worked fine last night. But when I booted up today I couldn't connect to live therefore can't play any of my games. Even fortnite which doesn't...
  7. Why didn't they do this yet (Content Transfer via Ethernet Connection)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why didn't they do this yet (Content Transfer via Ethernet Connection): The ps5 can let a person transfer all their ps4 game content (game, dlc, save data, etc...) via an ethernet cable connected between the two consoles in question. While microsoft only seems to...
  8. connecting an xbox s to the internet by ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    connecting an xbox s to the internet by ethernet: I just purchased a xbox s and have a smart tv which is connected by ethernet to the internet because the wifi is weak where it is located. I only have one ethernet connection in this location. is...
  9. Series X Slow Download Speed Over Ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Slow Download Speed Over Ethernet: I have my series X wired with a cat 6 to my router, which is a 1.5 gb plan. I know the xbox can only take 1gb. Even so, when I run the network speed test in the Xbox settings, I'm getting 100mbps....
  10. Ethernet Connection between Console and Router constantly drops

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ethernet Connection between Console and Router constantly drops: Hi, As the title suggests my ethernet connection between my xboxone console and my internet router keeps constantly dropping, however the wireless connection works perfectly fine and never drops....