: ethernet

Discus and support : ethernet in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : ethernet G'day, Turn off the console and connect the ethernet cable to the console and router. Turn back on and in Settings>Network>Network... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Queen Syltis, May 31, 2019.

1. Queen Syltis
    Queen Syltis Guest

G'day,

Turn off the console and connect the ethernet cable to the console and router.

Turn back on and in Settings>Network>Network settings there should be an option to setup a wired connection. Follow that path and the console should do the rest automatically.

Let us know how you go.

:)

Queen Syltis, May 31, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Ethernet

Hello
    Loïc Boutet
    !

Felix from Xbox forums here.

To answer your question, Yes.. you definitely can use an ethernet cable for any Xbox console.

It actually in most cases works better than using wifi / wireless internet.

Here is a link that will help you once you decide to connect!
    “I need help with my Xbox One network connection”

Enjoy and good luck!

Felix

xbox forums
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

G'day,

Turn off the console and connect the ethernet cable to the console and router.

Turn back on and in Settings>Network>Network settings there should be an option to setup a wired connection. Follow that path and the console should do the rest automatically.

Let us know how you go.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

ethernet

Hi Queen,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend to try and clear the alt mac address, and disconnect wireless. To clear alt mac address got to settings>network>network settings>adv. settings>alt mac address> clear and restart. While it restarting then connect
    the ethernet cable.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

Ethernet

Yes, an Ethernet port is at the back of the console.
  6. Loïc Boutet Win User

Ethernet

Hi there! Yeah, it's possible. There is an Ethernet port in the back of the console.
    Oh thank you very much for your answer. I thought that I had to wait a lot of years for having my own house with wi-fi, but this will save my life! Thank you again and bye to my old Xbox!
Thema:

1. : ethernet - Similar Threads - ethernet

2. Download speed lower on Ethernet??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed lower on Ethernet??: Why would our download speed be much slower when connected direct to the router via ethernet cable (3 mbps) but it would rise to 60 mbps just by unplugging the ethernet and letting it switch to...
  3. D-Link DCM-202: Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable

in XboX Networking Hardware
    D-Link DCM-202: Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable: D-Link DCM-202 (Modem): Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable You could get a wifi repeater that has ethernet ports, and tether that to the router. Never seen a router without ethernet ports...
  4. Network- Ethernet cable suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network- Ethernet cable suddenly stopped working: The cable works on other devices. Ive been using this for months on the zbox and now its just stopped working when i run tests it says it cannot connect to dhcp server. Ive ran all the solutions,...
  5. Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from internet over Ethernet in “instant on” mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from internet over Ethernet in “instant on” mode: I understand there has been another thread regarding this issue here however I strongly disagree with the solution. The issue is several Xbox One Xs keep losing internet connectivity (using...
  6. Ethernet cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ethernet cable: So i got an ethernet cable for internet speed to be more reliable..i plugged it in my xnox one and it worked great..until the next day i turned it on and it didnt work. I run a test and it "csnt...
  7. Wifi on Xbox One S has now stopped working. Only works with ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi on Xbox One S has now stopped working. Only works with ethernet: As above. Message states 'Cannot connect to your wireless network' Anyone else experiencing this? 29a2bbe7-5fca-45b8-9808-67c54b346f76
  8. : Can't get the Ethernet connexion to work

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Can't get the Ethernet connexion to work: : Can't get the Ethernet connexion to work From the PC yes, the internet also works. Only from Xbox it doesn't work 825824bd-5c99-4bba-a58c-52b8523430a3
  9. How to force connection via ethernet

in XBoX on Windows
    How to force connection via ethernet: For the last few days ive been having issues streaming my xbox to my pc. My xbox only allows connection when my pc is connected to the router via WI-FI. Both the xbox and pc are connected to my...
  10. Unable to connect to Xbox Live with an Ethernet cable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to Xbox Live with an Ethernet cable.: Hi, My name is Jason and I'm currently experiencing an odd issue with my Xbox One that I never had before. (It's almost been 9 years now on Xbox Live, 4 years with my Xbox one) To sum things up,...