: ethernet

Discus and support : ethernet in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : ethernet G'day, Turn off the console and connect the ethernet cable to the console and router. Turn back on and in Settings>Network>Network... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Queen Syltis, May 31, 2019.

1. Queen Syltis
    Queen Syltis Guest

G'day,

Turn off the console and connect the ethernet cable to the console and router.

Turn back on and in Settings>Network>Network settings there should be an option to setup a wired connection. Follow that path and the console should do the rest automatically.

Let us know how you go.

:)

Queen Syltis, May 31, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey
    Queen Syltis

Thank you for reaching out to Xbox forums support. If you haven't already done so, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [Keep my Games and Apps]
    Make sure you have both your email and password on hand as you will be asked to sign back in. There is an option to delete everything and to save your games and apps; choose the latter.

Hope this helps! Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  3. Tarnend Win User

ethernet

is it possible to try and plug the xbox into the router direct instead of the homeplug and see if it connects there just to rule out any issue with the homeplugs, i know you say it works with the pc, but just to be sure.......

Thanks
  4. Dageto Kraft Win User

ethernet

5. Queen Syltis Win User

ethernet

Thats The problem, it says it cant connect.. When i have The cable it says my settings is on wifi and I have to dissconect The cord..
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Ethernet

Hello
    Loïc Boutet
    !

Felix from Xbox forums here.

To answer your question, Yes.. you definitely can use an ethernet cable for any Xbox console.

It actually in most cases works better than using wifi / wireless internet.

Here is a link that will help you once you decide to connect!
    “I need help with my Xbox One network connection”

Enjoy and good luck!

Felix

xbox forums
Thema:

1. : ethernet - Similar Threads - ethernet

2. Ethernet cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ethernet cable: I brought my XB1 into my office to download updates, as the internet here isn't capped and is much quicker, unlike at home. I have done this before and last time I just brought the console, sat it...
  3. [X1X Beta] Console periodically refusing to connect via ethernet

in XboX Insiders
    [X1X Beta] Console periodically refusing to connect via ethernet: G'day all. For the last couple of weeks my X1X has had some issues with connecting to my wired connection. It seems to be related to the console turning off (off off, not just instant on) or...
  4. Xbox One X with broken ethernet port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X with broken ethernet port: The title realy sums it up. I had my X serviced back in October of 2019 because it was completely dead and wouldn't even power on. I got it back and was glad to be playing on my X again. However,...
  5. Mobile Ethernet adapter to Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mobile Ethernet adapter to Xbox one: Please i was wondering if i could use an Ethernet adapter to connect from my phone to my xbox since i can't use usb 18689347-02a2-41d8-8684-bbc02cc5e9bd
  6. Xbox Ethernet port not working

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox Ethernet port not working: Xbox Ethernet port not working I presume the other end of the cable is plugged into a router? You're not just expecting the xbox to recognise that a cable with no signal has been plugged in?...
  7. Ethernet port

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Ethernet port: Ethernet port Thanks, this great advice. Ill take a look and let you know when i can 62fb59ae-a5fa-4c40-8f57-753aa9b63b3a
  8. Xbox One X Ethernet Connection Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Ethernet Connection Issue: My Xbox One X has this is issue that if I plug in an Ethernet Cable into it. The Xbox does not register a cable and disconnects WiFi. After the Ethernet is pulled out; the Xbox reads connected via...
  9. My xbox time reset I do not know why. Also, ethernet wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox time reset I do not know why. Also, ethernet wont work: My xbox says it is September 1st, 2014. I do not know how. Also, my ethernet will not work. It worked fine an hour ago. 7294e11d-a346-4924-bd64-9f191a58b5dc
  10. Download speed lower on Ethernet??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed lower on Ethernet??: Why would our download speed be much slower when connected direct to the router via ethernet cable (3 mbps) but it would rise to 60 mbps just by unplugging the ethernet and letting it switch to...