Ethical biases in name censorship

Discus and support Ethical biases in name censorship in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Expressing yourself in the gaming community through a witty name or a aliase has been l common practice for decades. Microsoft set clear guides on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SpamCan, Sep 25, 2019.

1. SpamCan
    SpamCan Guest

Expressing yourself in the gaming community through a witty name or a aliase has been l common practice for decades. Microsoft set clear guides on the selection of gamertag names and display names......

Was going to write something but got bored.

[Mod Removed - see Guidelines] YOU MICROSOFT FOR BANNING MY GAMER NAME.

Then place financial penalties for changing this stupid generated one.

5 unethical thumbs down.

Regards, [Mod Removed - see Guidelines] 07/01/06 - 20/09/19

:)

SpamCan, Sep 25, 2019
  2. IRB Win User

Hi

The rules, as outlined by M3tal Daz3, have always been in place since the creation of Xbox live. It does evolve over time as new words phrases arrive in the scene.

At creation, your name may have broken the rules but not been flagged up for investigation. Once it has been it will be looked at.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Live is designed to be fun and safe for everyone; when people choose harmful or offensive content for their identity it disrupts the Xbox Live experience for other gamers.

Inappropriate Gamertag and Real Name content includes, but is not limited to:

• Profane words or phrases
    • Topics or content of a sexual nature
    • Hate speech
    • Controversial religious topics
    • Notorious people or organizations
    • Sensitive current or historical events
    • Any "sound-alike" or "lookalike" words, phrases, or puns that reference these topics

If you create an offensive or inappropriate Gamertag, it will be replaced with a new automatically-generated Gamertag.
  4. GroundOregano94 Win User

Imagine a community without certain rules. It would be mess. So sorry but just use the allowed name. It is not so hard. Express your self through community. Join us as ambassador, stream, give advices, suport fair play.
  5. Khronokai Win User

Spread the word, this is unacceptable.

Could someone post the picture, just censor the name?

personally its whatever. I'm not big on censorship.
  6. Kazmahu Win User

Cannot get stereo sound through a third-party headset

Begging pardon for the horrible spelling errors, it's just gone midnight here. And that censorship at the end was an accident - I was naming a well-known but unfortunately-named chain of Australian electronics retailers.
Thema:

1. Ethical biases in name censorship - Similar Threads - Ethical biases name

2. The ethics in locking a forum discussion

in XBoX Accessibility
    The ethics in locking a forum discussion: To have the community's thoughts and viewpoints properly expressed, it is unethical to lock a discussion with out appropriate deliberation. As the person locking the discussion on an opinion of...
  3. EnforceMent Team Is Biased

in XBoX on Consoles
    EnforceMent Team Is Biased: So recently I got suspended for communications because a guy wrote the salt emoji to me and I wuote on quote wrote this "shove that salt up you butthole" .I get suspended for a day and 4 ours...
  4. Xbox being biased towards banning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox being biased towards banning: I've had many communication bans and don't get me wrong, I'm not here to ask to be unbanned or dispute anything like that. However, I recently got into a heated argument with someone who messaged...
  5. Can loot boxes purchasable by real money be ethical?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can loot boxes purchasable by real money be ethical?: Let the customer have a choice. If they are children, Microsoft has parental control best of all. Adults can make up their own mind. Buy or not. It is the market....
  6. Is the Xbox Policy Enforcement team racist, biased, or discriminatory?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the Xbox Policy Enforcement team racist, biased, or discriminatory?: I find it absolutely ridiculous that after all the money I spend on games you all would find it prudent to suspend my account for sending ONE message to someone who trolled me and stole my rocket...
  7. Is this even legal? If so, is it ethical?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Is this even legal? If so, is it ethical?: Xbox live store sells the consumer a game via digital download. The creators of the game have either purposely or accidentally engineered the game, not only so that you NEED to continuously pump...
  8. There's ethical businesses and then you have Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    There's ethical businesses and then you have Microsoft: How is it legal to have a mandatory update that kills your Xbox and not be held responsible? Last time I checked if I broke something I was held accountable... For Example. If I ran into someone...
  9. Soldiers of Ethics is recruiting!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Soldiers of Ethics is recruiting!!!!: Soldiers of Ethics is a gaming community based on the principles of Honor, Respect and Integrity. When we founded this community we wanted a community built on the foundations of good ethics and...
  10. breached security/ethics/negligence

in XBoX on Consoles
    breached security/ethics/negligence: I can't find anywhere to email a complaint to anyone regarding xbox one. I have had endless issues with my child being able to buy games without permission with pathetic reasoning from xbox in...