Everything flickers black when I start the Xbox

Discus and support Everything flickers black when I start the Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; when I start Xbox (App on PC). and my pc starts lagging and the apps screen starts flickering black then it becomes hard to close the xbox. Because of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tokishu, May 16, 2022.

1. Tokishu
    Tokishu Guest

when I start Xbox (App on PC). and my pc starts lagging and the apps screen starts flickering black then it becomes hard to close the xbox. Because of this, I can't download games.

This is not the case with other applications.

:)

Tokishu, May 16, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Tokishu. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Did you already try to uninstall Xbox App from your PC and install it again? If you didn't, please try it and see how it goes.

Also, did this issue start as soon as you downloaded and started using Xbox App or it worked for some time and then it started to have this issue?

Are you using Windows 10 or 11?

Please answer these questions so I can better assist you, friend.
  3. Tokishu Win User

windows 11, yes, I tried to reinstall the Xbox (according to your own advice), I also reset all applications to factory settings. a problem appeared after some time.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Well, I can suggest you to try to uninstall and install it again to see how it goes:

First, see if Windows is updated:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click Download and Install Now option, if available (check for optional updates too);

After that:

- Completely uninstall Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you have it). Use their own uninstaller (just search for Xbox on Windows Start and click on uninstall).

- After uninstalling, go to Start > Type PowerShell > Right click it and select “Run As Administrator” > Type the following command and press Enter (you can run one at a time):

Get-AppxPackage Xbox | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage –allusers

(If you receive an error when executing any of these commands, don't bother. Just follow the other steps here)

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete "GamingServices" and "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- Click on Start > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Also delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Set if OFF.

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

- Press the Windows Key + R. Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

- Restart Windows.

- If you're using a proxy, please stop using it for now:

- Press Windows Key + R. Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box. Click Ok.

- Please check if Date and Time is set correct. Uncheck "Set the time automatically", do it manually.

- Open Microsoft Store and make sure you are logged in with the correct account.

- Finally, install Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you had it) again. Open the Xbox App and login to the correct Microsoft/Xbox account

- If you are on the Insiders hub, click on the profile image and navigate to the settings menu. Head over to the General sub-menu in the Settings menu. Uncheck the “Use advanced installation and management features” option.

See if this helps and please let me know.
  5. JP83X Win User

Xbox One blank screen when i start the console

Between matches on BF4 I hit the xbox button and then the screen flickered and went black. I could hear that everything was working fine but the screen was black.
  6. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
Thema:

1. Everything flickers black when I start the Xbox - Similar Threads - Everything flickers black

2. Everything on my Xbox won’t load.

in XboX Insiders
    Everything on my Xbox won’t load.: My Xbox won’t load. I get to the sign in screen and nothing loads. If I click to sign in on my profile, it gives me an endless loading screen. This has happened multiple times before but usually...
  3. Account Hacked, tried everything I could

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Hacked, tried everything I could: So my account got hacked, and my password and email got changed, so I couldn't log into it. I went to the support page of microsoft, did all the things it suggested, changed my password, but when...
  4. My headset mixer is broken and I have updated my controller and everything please help me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset mixer is broken and I have updated my controller and everything please help me...: I have tried to fix this headset glitch for a long time i have updated my controller synced it back and it’s still grayed out can anyone help me from the Microsoft team my Xbox name is...
  5. Disc installing a game keeps stoping tried everything to fix it nothing works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc installing a game keeps stoping tried everything to fix it nothing works: Tried to re install a game and it keeps stoping at 0% or 1. 8% every time tried everything Xbox tech told me to do and still doesn’t work any help ? 16cdfb98-761a-4899-a2aa-eacf90199f98
  6. game installation issues and i tried everything

in XboX Insiders
    game installation issues and i tried everything: I'm trying to install Skyrim from the game pass but it immediately says installation stopped keep in mind i have the storage and my nat type is open and it's only happening with Skyrim and so far...
  7. Just Don’t Know Gmail But Know Everything Else

in XBoX Accessibility
    Just Don’t Know Gmail But Know Everything Else: Im trying to get access to my other accounts on my xbox because it was recommended I reset my xbox to fix a bug (that bug fix didn’t even work) and I can’t remember the outlook account connected....
  8. Xbox deletes everything including accounts and wifi info.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox deletes everything including accounts and wifi info.: So I have one xbox one x. My wife normally plays on it and has her stuff on it. We do game share. She had to rearrange her area and she went to download a new game. Game kept saying it can't...
  9. Is everything working??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is everything working??: We all know that Xbox is down for rn but everything else is working for me. I loaded into Rocket league and for some reason I got access to it while Xbox is down. Have you fixed it for me?...
  10. My Xbox is INCREDIBLY SLOW. I've tried nearly everything please give idea's

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox is INCREDIBLY SLOW. I've tried nearly everything please give idea's: I've watched so many YouTube videos and nothing has worked ive tried using DP-60 Electrical contact cleaner but nothing has worked when i play games like Fortnite or Minecraft it takes forever to...