Everytime I play a heavy game my xbox turns off

Discus and support Everytime I play a heavy game my xbox turns off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have weeks with this problem and i tried placing a fan really close to the xbox. it worked for some weeks but now it's happening again with the fan.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xwaldo live, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Xwaldo live
    Xwaldo live Guest

I have weeks with this problem and i tried placing a fan really close to the xbox. it worked for some weeks but now it's happening again with the fan. I got this xbox 3 years ago, what can i do?

:)

Xwaldo live, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

To me, it sounds like it could potentially be an
    overheating
    or
    power supply
    issue.

Try the suggestions on those pages; for example, putting the console in a more open space and plug the console directly into a wall outlet (not power bar / surge protector) just to troubleshoot the issue.

If the problem doesn't go away, then you may have to send your console in for
    repair.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Xwaldo

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with your console overheating.

In this instance we would typically recommend
    placing a service order
    for you console. However, if you have one of the original Xbox One consoles, they are no longer being serviced by Microsoft.

Placing a service order can be done by signing in at
    Device Support and then select
    Register new device. After you've registered, you’ll see the warranty status for your device. If it’s within warranty, repairs are free. If your device is out of warranty, you’ll be charged a repair fee.

Please, keep in mind that all consoles come with a year of manufacture warranty, unless you purchased

Microsoft Complete
    within a certain time frame of your console purchase.

After you’ve registered your devices, follow these steps:

1. Make sure you are logged into the account that you registered your console to.
    2. In the Overview section of the Device repair page, select
      Repair my device
    3. Follow the onscreen steps to complete your service order request.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  4. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

My Xbox used to randomly shut off when I was gaming hard or it seemed to be loading, and as it turns out, it was just a bad power supply pack.

If you are speaking about your original xbox one console, then you may need to replace the power supply. Does the light on the power supply pack turn orange or red after the Xbox powers off? It could mean replacement.

Before replacement, try power cycling the console to see if that gives you any resolve.

Physically power cycle the console

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xboxbutton on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

[​IMG]

1. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xboxbutton on your controller.

Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
  5. DragonMithril Win User

Problems signing in.....Really frustrated! Any advice would be appreciated!

now my xbox started this from today

For some reason my console keeps turning off by itself. It will start playing a game and then all of a sudden it turns off. Happens everytime I try to do anything. One time it even happen when I wasn't doing anything.
  6. thiennguyen8199 Win User

auto renewal issues

hello there

please call microsoft to turn it off

everytime i buy an xbox live on sale on my xbox dashboard i had to call them everytime to turn it off

and to make sure i go to my account on the top right corner on xbox.com
Thema:

1. Everytime I play a heavy game my xbox turns off - Similar Threads - Everytime play heavy

2. everytime i try to play a game or watch youtube my x-box live disconnects

in XBoX Accessibility
    everytime i try to play a game or watch youtube my x-box live disconnects: everytime i try to play a game or watch youtube, netflicks ect…. my x-box live disconnects then reconnects. I tried restarting the x-box and I reset my router. still the same problem....
  3. everytime i play a game my xbox shuts down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    everytime i play a game my xbox shuts down: Everytime i go to play a game my xbox shuts down after about 5 minutes and makes a crazy sound. Any suggestions? 7c32c8b7-b6c3-466e-a19b-a04d6c3a0e05
  4. purchase errors everytime I open game to play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    purchase errors everytime I open game to play: I receive this error every time I open the game time 3, plus you already purchased this I just tried to purchase a Packet for $9.99 and was sent a purchase error message, however it was on my...
  5. everytime i try to play 2k17 u get the error code 0x87e107e3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    everytime i try to play 2k17 u get the error code 0x87e107e3: when i try to start 2k17 i get the error code 0x87e107e3 70384cea-ce5d-4b60-9e6f-89e7291d08b4
  6. Jigsaw is still crashes everytime I will play daily challenges!! What can I do so I can play ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jigsaw is still crashes everytime I will play daily challenges!! What can I do so I can play ...: When I start daily challenge and I do one of the challenge the program will start and it is of they can not find the advertising and will killed Jigsaw. All the classic jigsaw games work. What...
  7. Why does " do you own the game disc this come up everytime I stop playing Skyrim and try to ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does " do you own the game disc this come up everytime I stop playing Skyrim and try to ...: I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 timed. Im tired of downloading and reinstalling. Why is this happening? 697643cf-408c-48eb-92a5-570276bd9cd0
  8. My Xbox one console keep shutting down everytime I play game

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console keep shutting down everytime I play game: I having problem with my console keep shutting down itself when I play game. It working just fine when Im watching Netflix etc. But everytime I play game, I could play about 5 to 10 minutes then I...
  9. Xbox one turns off everytime I try to play a game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns off everytime I try to play a game.: My xbox one keeps turning off when I play games only. I can watch twitch or netflix uninterrupted. When I reset my psu the light goes orange and back to white when I turn on the console as normal....
  10. Xbox live & games Error cant play online, kicked from session everytime

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live & games Error cant play online, kicked from session everytime: Hi, heres the problem, i bought an xbox one, the new improved console right, it works great except for when yesterday i inputed your 12 month aka 1 year live card so i can play Online with...