Evidence for Xbox/Windows reporting system

Discus and support Evidence for Xbox/Windows reporting system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ~Original~ I feel like when you report someone, there should be evidence submitted because- People falsely report others The systems is kinda bias... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xskyejzah, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Xskyejzah
    Xskyejzah Guest

~Original~

I feel like when you report someone, there should be evidence submitted because-

• People falsely report others
    • The systems is kinda bias (You could be reported for harassment, yet you did nothing. Thus leaving you defenseless)
    • Would help innocent people
    • People do it to be 'funny' or to 'prove a point'
    • People have been banned, because of false reporting

Overall I feel like this system should include an evidence based reporting system instead of suggesting to type things in a small box of what happened. Evidence could be, not limited to; Screen shots, video clips, and/or witness (other players). This would
    also help take the stress off of those who may have said something (like a cuss word).- just in a general way, not to offend another fellow person- Gaming should be fun with people online and with friends. However, worrying about accidentally making someone
    mad because of something simple, really does take the fun out of being online. I personally have had something like this happen to me -on a different website-, despite the fact I was trying to reason with said person, I got reported and my account was deleted.

I have family members who play games on the xbox, but get reported for harassment or bullying. Even though they simply are just playing the game, enjoying life, someone always gets upset- either they loose, or the way said family member plays- they go on
    a huge rant about things before blocking and reporting you for harassment. There has been a couple of times my brother would type 'gg' to the person in a friendly matter but they would turn around and report him. He has been given warnings about if he were
    reported again then his account would be deleted and such. Personally I think that is wrong. No one took the time to ask what happened, or ask for evidence. With two clicks of a button you could potentially end up making someone loose an account that they
    spent lots of money on, just because you're not in a happy mood.

I feel like adding this system where you need to throw out evidence will really get people to think about whether or not they should report, or at least not report the person for the wrong thing. Yeah it will take time to look through reports, but at least
    someone isn't being punished for something they didn't do or for something that really minor. In addition, I think false reporters should get some sort of consequence, like a temporary ban from reporting, or they can't join groups, I don't know, but this can
    be a different discussion.

TL;DR

Many innocent people get reported, reporting system should require evidence

~Edit~

I wanted to thank everyone who replied to the forum and correcting me on my misconception of the situation.

- People do look through the reports to filter out false from truth

- They also look into the report to see if something really did happen.

- You don't automatically get into trouble/banned once reported

- Some people report since they are afraid to speak up, thus making it seem like nothing was looked into

I wasn't intending to making assumptions, I apologize if I offended anyone or seemed annoying from complaining. However I do still think about how evidence should be submitted since it could help perhaps reduce time as well as
    allow people to think about what they reporting.

Some things were said about some cons, which I shall list here;

- Evidence could be tampered

- You can't always get the evidence you may need

- Takes longer to report someone

- There is already a team of people who looks into reports

I will update the list if more things pop up. But this does help bring light into the fact that others -including me- don't really think about what goes on after reporting someone.

:>

TL;DR:

A team of people do look into reports, and perhaps I was(am) wrong and shouldn't have made this thread :]

:)

Xskyejzah, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Xskyejzah Win User

Thanks for the reply!

I have already gone and posted something on the Reddit page, and I shall look over the Code of Conduct.

I do agree with people should know their audience, and that people may be uncomfortable with certain things. I didn't really think about the 'feeling safe about vocalizing' thing. But I'm glad you brought that up!

But, what if you didn't say anything to person B, all you did was play a simple fun game. However, person B reports you for harassment and you get into trouble, even when you don't do anything. This part kinda confuses me -this has happened to a couple of
    people I know-. Maybe I'm missing something, but thank you for bringing light to the second part of your post!

:)
  3. matthewiag Win User

Adding Game Clip would be nice but the Xbox Enforcement Team does do a fantastic job in stopping people
  4. PanditPurple Win User

I agree! I don't understand how people think reports are an entirely automated system and that you are guilty immediately.
  5. Xskyejzah Win User

Thank you for responding! I shall re-post this on the Reddit page.

Have a good day!
  6. ItzAprilLol Win User

The enforcement team does look into reports. And if someone does violate the xbox code if Conduct they get banned. They do not get banned just of a report. They are looked into first. This is a common misconception
Thema:

1. Evidence for Xbox/Windows reporting system - Similar Threads - Evidence Windows reporting

2. Is there a way i could send xbox clips as evidence?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way i could send xbox clips as evidence?: Is there a way i could send the moderation team of Xbox One a clip of a player exploiting as evidence for a claim Because i got a clip available right now. 2416349d-8233-4774-9fff-443e7e1b5abb
  3. Reporting a booter with evidence

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reporting a booter with evidence: So i got booted online and so when i got back on i joined there party then asked them to hit me again and like usual they did for five minutes told me where i lived but this time o this time i had...
  4. How to report a hacker WITH evidence.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to report a hacker WITH evidence.: I have a game clip of a hacker, walling and aimbotting in Rainbow Six Siege, is there anywhere to send it? 06a49bcd-f0be-48dc-85ac-c7f9254a499c
  5. Banned without evidence in reason why section of enforcement letter

in XBoX on Mobile
    Banned without evidence in reason why section of enforcement letter: I have an enforcement ban on my xbox for: This account sent inappropriate messages or participated in inappropriate voice or text communications. This may include harassment or bullying behavior,...
  6. Is there a way to get evidence for a ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to get evidence for a ban: Is there a way to get a screenshot of the reason i got banned? 2bf732c8-1680-49ac-902e-7a0505052d80
  7. My buddy was a victim of a DoS attack, I have evidence that heavily insinuates the user was...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My buddy was a victim of a DoS attack, I have evidence that heavily insinuates the user was...: So lets get this out of the way. Just cause i said i have proof of admittion. Last night i was playing a game of Siege and i didnt clutch the round. This user instantly sends me hatemail upon...
  8. Can you submit evidence of abuse?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you submit evidence of abuse?: About a month ago, i had been playing with this person on fortnite. But then he brought a friend into the party and game, and they were extremely rude. And when i tried to defend myself, both of...
  9. Tips for a badly managed system with some evidence!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tips for a badly managed system with some evidence!: even look at what I said 2 years ago: 9/24/2016, 12:51:45 PM So this is my final ban huh? well I'm serious when I say this I think this a fault on your guy's part ever since my last ban I never...
  10. decisions based on lack of evidence

in XBoX on Consoles
    decisions based on lack of evidence: Ok so in recollection of my last post there was an update from XBLPET. my case has been moved from under review to upheld meaning there is no conclusive evidence from me or the trolls who started...