Expensive controller wont output game audio through afterglow lvl 3 headset

Discus and support Expensive controller wont output game audio through afterglow lvl 3 headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i bought a design lab controller but my afterglow lvl 3 headset will not output game audio to my ears but my cheaper wired conteoller will what gives?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tizzle Bizzell, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Expensive controller wont output game audio through afterglow lvl 3 headset

i bought a design lab controller but my afterglow lvl 3 headset will not output game audio to my ears but my cheaper wired conteoller will what gives?

:)

Tizzle Bizzell, Jan 19, 2018
  2. BlackoutJVR
    BlackoutJVR Guest
    Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter

Thats crazy they really need to specify better they said any 3.5mm headset. I have tried the Afterglow Wireless Headset and it wont even pick up game audio at all.

BlackoutJVR, Jan 19, 2018
  3. Others can't hear me? How can I fix this?

So recently, I purchased an Afterglow LVL Adapter due to the fact that my microphone was not working meaning that others couldn't hear me. I am using an Afterglow LVL 3 Headset, and I decided that maybe I needed an upgrade, so I got a Turtle Beach Recon
    headset cause I thought maybe the mic would work even with my adapter, but id didn't. Now I am wondering if t is the headset or the controller. Could anyone help me on this? Thank you.

Baseballfan5303, Jan 19, 2018
  4. Geth
    Geth Guest

Yesterday and today it seems like a few people are having this issue. It might be on Xbox's end.

5. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Make sure the controller you want to use is assigned to your profile -

- Settings > Kinect and Devices > Devices and Accessories > More Options >

Where it says Assigned to - Select that option and re-assign your profile to your controller

- Settings > Display and Sound > Audio Output > Headset Audio - set to Stereo Uncompressed

- Hard Reset the Xbox - hold down the power button on the Xbox One console for 15 sec then let go and restart the Xbox

- Resync the controller after the restart -
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller

Support article from Afterglow -

Xbox One - The mic is not working on my LVL3 headset, what can I do to get it working again?

Xbox One - The mic is not working on my LVL3 headset, what can I do to get it working again?

Try your headset on another device like an Android phone, iphones use a different wiring standard and the mic for your headset won't work on apple products.

HAZMAT RADIO, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Geth Win User

Yesterday and today it seems like a few people are having this issue. It might be on Xbox's end.
  7. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Make sure the controller you want to use is assigned to your profile -

- Settings > Kinect and Devices > Devices and Accessories > More Options >

Where it says Assigned to - Select that option and re-assign your profile to your controller

- Settings > Display and Sound > Audio Output > Headset Audio - set to Stereo Uncompressed

- Hard Reset the Xbox - hold down the power button on the Xbox One console for 15 sec then let go and restart the Xbox

- Resync the controller after the restart -
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller

Support article from Afterglow -

https://support.pdp.com/hc/en-us/articles/218754667-Xbox-One-The-mic-is-not-working-on-my-LVL3-headset-what-can-I-do-to-get-it-working-again-

Try your headset on another device like an Android phone, iphones use a different wiring standard and the mic for your headset won't work on apple products.
  8. BlackoutJVR Win User

Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter

Thats crazy they really need to specify better they said any 3.5mm headset. I have tried the Afterglow Wireless Headset and it wont even pick up game audio at all.
  9. LSpear76 Win User

Game audio through stereo headset?

From the PS4 FAQ:

Will the DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s 3.5mm headset jack support other headsets or headphones?

The PS Vita system’s headset is fully supported. Some other third-party headsets may support basic audio and chat functionality on PS4, but Sony Computer Entertainment cannot guarantee it.

Is it possible to output all game audio through DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s 3.5mm headset jack?

Yes, you can select the Output to Headsets option to either ‘Chat Audio’ or “All Audio.”
  10. GoldenSith750 Win User

Afterglow Headsets.

Some of the newer televisions are not equipped with an Audio Output port. (There's a digital port where it can jack into a receiver, you can plug headphones into that.) But, there is a headphones port. and I have two USB's. The Afterglow will plug in through
    that. Otherwise, the new Turtle Beach headsets might work.
Thema:

1. Expensive controller wont output game audio through afterglow lvl 3 headset - Similar Threads - Expensive controller wont

2. why is xbox one elite controller so expensive ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is xbox one elite controller so expensive ?: Is it true that Xbox One Elite Controller is one of the best controllers ever made? 0b3d6895-b0a1-4a61-bf3a-5e078118f1e5
  3. Most expensive game I ever bought and lost all my add ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Most expensive game I ever bought and lost all my add ons: I pre ordered call duty cold war beat the whole game I noticed I was charged for 2 extra games when on contacted the refund thing requested two refunds then game was canceled now couldn't play it...
  4. Why is CoD Bo2 so expensive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is CoD Bo2 so expensive?: All i need to know is why it expensive dc0245bc-0e22-4e26-ac81-3d764b3dacb8
  5. Returning Xbox One X for repairs. Why so hard and expensive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Returning Xbox One X for repairs. Why so hard and expensive?: I am trying to return my One X for repairs. I have been unable to complete the transaction online. My products are registered, I'm logged in to my account. I've exhausted the troubleshooting steps...
  6. Free Gamertag Change because 10 € /$ are to expensive for a Nickname that is free on Steam...

in XboX Insiders
    Free Gamertag Change because 10 € /$ are to expensive for a Nickname that is free on Steam...: Hello I think we need the option that we can change the name for free. Even EA leaves it free. submitted by /u/Lebenwesen [link] [comments]
  7. E3 FAIL + Games Expensive

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    E3 FAIL + Games Expensive: Hello Microsoft, well Im here to talk about E3 this year. It was very frustrated for me, it was very good if you are a gamer with 8 years old !! Where is the agressive games with good graphics ?...
  8. Expensive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Expensive: I preordered mortal kombat 11 about 2 months ago, it came out today but when I was ready to play it said something along the lines of the preorder was cancelled when I didnt touch it and it didnt...
  9. 4th controller just broke...I'm done, Xbox one was a terrible choice and its proving expensive

in XBoX on Consoles
    4th controller just broke...I'm done, Xbox one was a terrible choice and its proving expensive: I'm so angry right now.... I'm now on to controller number four, which just broke...the 'x' button has stopped popping back up and its just over 3 months old. I know from experience that this is...
  10. Free consoles, failed repairs, controller disconnects and a good laugh at my expense

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free consoles, failed repairs, controller disconnects and a good laugh at my expense: I just wanted to share my customer experience with everyone following a console fault. I'd like to start by saying that I am an advocate of Microsoft and I, until now, always promoted their...